Star Wars Episode 7: Title and opening crawl.

peroquilperoquil Posts: 1,526
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What do you think it should / will be?

STAR WARS
Episode 7
Rise of the Magic Kingdom

It is a time of great upset.
The once powerful Empire is now in the
hands of an Evil Kingdom, who has threatened
to bring a new star war to the Galaxy.

Fearing what this might do to the
people, ageing Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker
is summoned to Tattooine to try and find
The Force that was lost by his father,
the last time he was seen there.

Calling on his very, very old friend Han Solo and sister
Princess Leia, the trio embark on a dangerous
quest to cheat death until the final chapter is
revealed, and try to bring about the old peace
and order once again to the Galaxy...

Comments

• Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,292
    Forum Member
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

STAR WARS

Episode VII

SCRAPING THE BARREL

It is a time of great desperation.

After vandalising the original trilogy,
    and inflicting a terrible prequel
    trilogy on the audience, George Lucas
    has thankfully waved the white flag

Unfortunately this has happened about
    sixteen years too late, and the damage
    has been done. After taking the money
    and bailing out Lucas has sold the
    franchise to Disney, who will milk it for
    all it's worth.

The quality of the new movies however will
    not matter, as most Star Wars fans have
    lost all objectivity, will defend the indefensible,
    and watch anything with the words "Star Wars"
    on it, regardless of how bad it is.....
  • peroquilperoquil Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

STAR WARS

Episode VII

SCRAPING THE BARREL

It is a time of great desperation.

After vandalising the original trilogy,
    and inflicting a terrible prequel
    trilogy on the audience, George Lucas
    has thankfully waved the white flag

Unfortunately this has happened about
    sixteen years too late, and the damage
    has been done. After taking the money
    and bailing out Lucas has sold the
    franchise to Disney, who will milk it for
    all it's worth.

:D You got it Barry
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you guys actually not thought that this film might turn out good,as all that was bad is now out of the picture?
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hear Zac Efron is lined up to have a starring role in SW7.

If I was a Star Wars fan I'd be fuming right about now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »

He's not a bad actor, and let's face it he has to be less dry than the first half of the original film...

Never before have so many actors looked like they don't want to be there than in the first half of "A New Hope"...
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    I've got more expectation for the sequels than I had for the prequels. They couldn't be any worse. Though I don't know how they're going to get around not having Vader in any of it, and how they'll conveniently bring back Sith (after they were apparently destroyed in Ep 6).
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It could be worse. They could hire Hayden Christensen.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    I've got more expectation for the sequels than I had for the prequels. They couldn't be any worse. Though I don't know how they're going to get around not having Vader in any of it, and how they'll conveniently bring back Sith (after they were apparently destroyed in Ep 6).

Well it doesn't have to be about the Sith. But even if it is, new Force sensitive children are born all the time in the SW universe. During the the Emperors reign threre was Vader to act as Jedi hit man, but since his demise there's a whole new generation of potential Jedis, or Sith, out there.
  • edwinbotedwinbot Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    The bit I'm interested in is that books covering the next 50 years or so have been published and are considered cannon. I'm wondering if they adapt one of the book series or if they choose a time period not specifically covered for a new story or, more likely, make a new story which contradicts the books and thus enrages the interweb :D
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we going to get any further announcements at the Celebration event? It seems to have all gone quiet lately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the first few words will be key

Episode 4
    It is a period of civil war ......

Episode 5
    It is a dark time for the rebellion .......

Episode 7
    It is a time of great lens flare ........
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry that's a bit unfair - you like me have no idea what these movies will turn out like.

Yes the prequels were disappointing but there is nothing I have read or seen to indicate that these new movies will be as bad as the prequels.

So far sounds like Disney have gone about it the right with the hiring of Michael Arndt, JJ Abrams, Kasdan and Kinberg and hopefully the return of Ford, Hamil, Fisher & John Williams.

Yes these movies may end up being rubbish but so far Disney have not put a step wrong unless you know otherwise?
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Well it doesn't have to be about the Sith. But even if it is, new Force sensitive children are born all the time in the SW universe. During the the Emperors reign threre was Vader to act as Jedi hit man, but since his demise there's a whole new generation of potential Jedis, or Sith, out there.

Yeah I know that, but the whole point of Episodes 1-6 was the ultimate destruction of the Sith. Makes that kind of redundant by introducing more Sith in episode 7.

They'll probably do just that and shoe horn a Sith into ep7, otherwise who will the Jedi have lightsaber battles with that will last longer than 10 seconds?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I know that, but the whole point of Episodes 1-6 was the ultimate destruction of the Sith.

Nah, the whole point of episodes 1-6 was the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker.
    Makes that kind of redundant by introducing more Sith in episode 7. They'll probably do just that and shoe horn a Sith into ep7, otherwise who will the Jedi have lightsaber battles with that will last longer than 10 seconds?

The Sith and the Jedi existed long before events seen in the first movie. They are a constant in the SW universe. You can't have one without the other...balance of Force and all that.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Just as long as we get Johnny Depp as an intergalactic Captain Jack ;)
    Forum Member
    Nah, the whole point of episodes 1-6 was the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

What was all this 'chosen one' stuff about then? Anakin was the one that was prophesied to destroy the Sith. A six episode saga is a pretty long winded way to go about that if their is just gonna be another Sith threat a generation later.

The Sith and the Jedi existed long before events seen in the first movie. They are as much a constant as the Jedi. You can't have one without the other...balance of Force and all that.

Balance of the Force means the natural state - the light side. Destroying the Sith (and the dark side) restores that balance. Doesn't have anything to do with how many force users there are on both sides.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was all this 'chosen one' stuff about then? Anakin was the one that was prophesied to destroy the Sith. A six episode saga is a pretty long winded way to go about that if their is just gonna be another Sith threat a generation later.

He was certainley the one some of them chose to believe was the chosen one but the movies were never about the prophecy. They arere about Anakin's journey.
    Balance of the Force means the natural state - the light side. Destroying the Sith (and the dark side) restores that balance. Doesn't have anything to do with how many force users there are on both sides.

Depends on who's point of view. In the original trilogy an older, wiser Yoda hints at a yin-yan balance of good and evil.

In the prequels, the arrogant and complacent Jedi Council interpret "balance" in the Force not as a yin-yang coexistence and interpenetration of good and evil, but as the triumph of good over evil.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • TheIllusionistTheIllusionist Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    It will flop. Big time.
    Forum Member
    It will flop. Big time.

Are you kidding or just generally crazy? It will do MASSIVE business, especially from people that grew up with Star Wars hoping to erase the prequels from their memory...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as long as we get Johnny Depp as an intergalactic Captain Jack ;)

i hear John Barrowman has the intergalactic one copyrighted,lol
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    i hear John Barrowman has the intergalactic one copyrighted,lol

Hmm, not sure Disney are ready for an omnisexual space pirate :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, not sure Disney are ready for an omnisexual space pirate :D

i dont think the fan fiction is either:D
  • TheIllusionistTheIllusionist Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Are you kidding or just generally crazy? It will do MASSIVE business, especially from people that grew up with Star Wars hoping to erase the prequels from their memory...

Sir, we are only just arriving in the age of social networking. Once an ounce of negativity was shown towards Man of Steel, which far superior to the Star Wars prequels, I reckon it lost a lot of money. I also reckon by the time Star Wars is done people will have had enough with big explosions summer blockbusters and will essentially start aggressively campaigning for a boycott.

This franchise is dead unless they completely change the tone. In fact, if you look back at the original trilogy, even with advanced CGI those kind of films would bomb in 2013. The "nostalgic" audience will not fall for the same trick twice. The kids might enjoy it, but that's about it. At least Lucas is being kept as far away as possible from the script and directing, but even his supposed creativity is really running dry. The best stories I've seen come out from this franchise are from the video games, which Disney shut down!

Star Wars will be relying on 3 things for success : a strong opening week-end, fanboys (:mad:) and the scarce few who still "believe" in 3D.

They should have waited at least another ten years before a reboot of some sort. Instead they taking the piss. And audiences don't like having the piss taken out of them.
    Forum Member
    Sir, we are only just arriving in the age of social networking. Once an ounce of negativity was shown towards Man of Steel, which far superior to the Star Wars prequels, I reckon it lost a lot of money. I also reckon by the time Star Wars is done people will have had enough with big explosions summer blockbusters and will essentially start aggressively campaigning for a boycott.

This franchise is dead unless they completely change the tone. In fact, if you look back at the original trilogy, even with advanced CGI those kind of films would bomb in 2013. The "nostalgic" audience will not fall for the same trick twice. The kids might enjoy it, but that's about it. At least Lucas is being kept as far away as possible from the script and directing, but even his supposed creativity is really running dry. The best stories I've seen come out from this franchise are from the video games, which Disney shut down!

Star Wars will be relying on 3 things for success : a strong opening week-end, fanboys (:mad:) and the scarce few who still "believe" in 3D.

They should have waited at least another ten years before a reboot of some sort. Instead they taking the piss. And audiences don't like having the piss taken out of them.
    1) Man of Steel grossed just under triple it's production budget (over triple if you include marketing deals) - Warner will be very happy that. I doubt it lost millions of sales.

2) You're assuming it will be bad. J.J. Abrams has already proven he can do reboots/reimaginings very well with Star Trek.

3) That's happened this year, but more of them are failing. There aren't aggressive calls for boycotts just a few more bombs than usual...

4) We do not know any details about the tone they've taken so it's perhaps a bit early to call it

5) They fell for the same trick three times, Revenge of the Sith did very well. I imagine they'll fall for it again...

6) The Amazing Spider-man did very well, it's a reboot of a film that's barely 10 years old. Audiences didn't feel that Sony were taking the piss. I imagine they'll feel even less like that, because these are sequels...