Options

no sound when recording bbc2 (and bbc 301 interactive)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there,
I have just recorded BBC2 (winter olympics) and interactive channel bbc 301 at the same time. There is no sound on the BBC2 recording, but the 301 channel is fine.

Any one else had this problem?

Any ideas?

I've been recording a lot of BBC2 and interactive channels over the last week, winter olympics, and its all been fine.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvaddict37 wrote:
    Hi there,
    I have just recorded BBC2 (winter olympics) and interactive channel bbc 301 at the same time. There is no sound on the BBC2 recording, but the 301 channel is fine.

Any one else had this problem?

Any ideas?

I've been recording a lot of BBC2 and interactive channels over the last week, winter olympics, and its all been fine.

Thanks
    I think that your problem is probably unique, as I have taken a close interest in the no sound problem, which I first got on the second day of using our box and I have not noticed anyone before reporting the problem on any BBC channel.

However in saying that I have also never noticed anyone discussing recording the BBC interactive channels either.

I think that you should report this problem to Humax as you may just have discovered a unique fault, unless of course there was a loss of sound on the BBC transmission at the time of your recording.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have recorded BBC interactive channels and BBC2 at the same time almost every day since the winter olympics has started and I've had no problem.

The only time I've had no sound is with ITV1 as a second recording bit this had nothing to do with interactive services.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all have the same machines and software. The Humax is exceptional at making a less than perfect signal/aerial set up look like its fine.

If I stick on my Fusion150 in in place of the Humax it only then I see how imperfections in my environment/aerial setup, like occasional blocking etc is being dealt with an overcome by the Humax. So I suppose from this perspective its easier to see how even though things look OK that there are all sorts of imperfections the machine is trying to deal with under the bonnet, and which sometimes the MHEG engine isnt robust enough to deal with'under the bonnet'.

Its interesting to read posts where people have addressed lockup problems in the past with reassessing their environment/aerial setup or in one or two cases adjusting the gain and then observing a halt to the problems. Even thought the hardware and software has not changed in the machine.
  • Options
    wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    That shouldn't be a surprise its the data stream being passed to the compute engine that is the reason for the crash.

The digital signal processing industry I work in has been processing data for more than 30 years ... and we still have situations were bad data cause jobs to crash.
    marcdavis wrote:
    Its interesting to read posts where people have addressed lockup problems in the past with reassessing their environment/aerial setup or in one or two cases adjusting the gain and then observing a halt to the problems. Even thought the hardware and software has not changed in the machine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    We all have the same machines and software.

I'd be surprised if my 9200 had the same software as yours and a couple of the others marc ;);)

I do think that the 9200 is probably one of the best at making what it can of the incoming signal although I only have experience of Netgem, an old Panasonic, Humax 8000T and a Freecom usb stick.

AJP
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ajp558 wrote:
    I'd be surprised if my 9200 had the same software as yours and a couple of the others marc ;);)

I do think that the 9200 is probably one of the best at making what it can of the incoming signal although I only have experience of Netgem, an old Panasonic, Humax 8000T and a Freecom usb stick.

AJP

I think so too. Some people have said the same with the Humax STB.

The people talking about lockups with official software are on version 00 or 01, but point taken ;);) Beta3 interestingly enough doesnt have any MHEG fixes for lockups so will behave the same as those official releases in these situations.