Cilla Black is preparing us for the worst!!

1121314151618»

Comments

• gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    I wonder whether NMTB is recorded on the day, as tonight's episode seemed to be a 'bingo-card' trip through the above list :D

Anyway, having polished off my supplies of orange juice, I can report that I'm sober, traumatised - and the same colour as a TOWIE person.

The good news: I’ve had my ‘five a day’ nutrients up to 6th December 2014.

I don't know whether to be pleased or horrified at just how well I can predict exactly what Cilla is going to say/do. :eek:
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fi~ wrote: »
    i thought you were gonna say she was gonna start singing again :eek:
    :p:p:p
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OATZ MM wrote: »
    I heard the same thing about Bruce Forsyth. He's meant to be the same.
    know a woman who worked in television for years and she said Des O Connor is a lovely person.. but couldnt stand Bruce..
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was watching a repeat of story of light entertainement on bbc4 noticed when cilla was interviewed the scouse accent dissapeared even cilla herself isn't a good enough actress to keep it up all the time.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    The more the world is changing, the more it stays the same
    Life is full of small surprises, it's a never ending game
    If nothing is impossible, will you believe your eyes
    If the unexpected brings a smile, that's a big surprise

Surprise, surprise, the unexpected hits you between the eyes
    The unpredictable, that's the surprise you see, surprise! surprise!

When you've found a love that's lost it's way, that's a nice surprise
    And when you don't know what's in store today, that might bring surprise
    It's the greatest feeling in the world, nobody denies

Surprise, surprise, the unexpected hits you between the eyes,

We don't know what's around the corner, living from day to day
    We never know when we'll fall in love, so let it carry you away

Surprise, surprise, it's the greatest feeling nobody denies
    It's laughter, love and joy in disguise

It's laughter, love and joy in disguise
    And all the wealth can't bring us what it buys

One can only hope that's what 'R Cilla' sang to herself when she found out her Spanish mansion had caught fire :D

Hope you've a 'lorra' insurance, chuck!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    That wouldn't be fair to all the local cats! (sorry Mr & Mrs T.- I see you've bobbed into this thread).

As I said in another thread, I saw her on 'This Morning' a few months back, doing a cookery slot (of all things!!!). She seemed like she was sloshed, or extremely hung over. It was really odd.

Sheesh, and at that time of the morning!
    Bet there was a bit of a panic in the green room.
    Even Fern & Phil (I think those two were presenting that day) were struggling to keep things going.

Either that or she was in 'I'm only doing you a favour by being here...this is really beneath me!' mode???

My daughter knows someone who owns a chauffeuring business in London and they dread working for Cilla Black . Says she's a proper diva and very rude! Well, everyone can't be wrong can they? My daughter said she was on This Morning recently and they were talking about the TV prog ''Cilla'' She said that Sheridan Smith kept asking her for advice on the role and Cilla gave the impression that she was a bit of a nuisance! How cheeky is that! Felt sorry for Bobby really,,he must have had an awful life with her!
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    Once had the unfortunate experience of seeing Cilla in panto. There was however a priceless moment when Cilla asked the audience what she should do to kill off the "baddy" and a kid shouted out "sing to him Cilla". She wasn't impressed.

Good stuff!
  • West BritonWest Briton Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Heartwarming tributes here! 😄
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    Once had the unfortunate experience of seeing Cilla in panto. There was however a priceless moment when Cilla asked the audience what she should do to kill off the "baddy" and a kid shouted out "sing to him Cilla". She wasn't impressed.

Excellent! Made my morning.

Wouldn't wish ill on anyone, but the gushing eulogizing and sheer falseness pouring out of every media orifice today is nauseating. Cilla Black was a hat check girl who got really, really lucky. Not a good singer, made hideous TV shows, and according to a sit I stumbled upon was the number one celebrity pain in the arse of cabin crew.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never had any interaction with the woman, but she was part of my growing up. Good memories.

I know this is an old thread and people are entitled to their opinions.

Ta-ra ar Cilla :)
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heartwarming tributes here! 😄

Why re-open an 8 year old thread just so you can gloat at someones passing. >:(
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    Why re-open an 8 year old thread just so you can gloat at someones passing. >:(

I know. It's pathetic. DS closed a similarly resurrected old thread yesterday because of the grossly disrespectful things that were being posted on there.