9200T so reliable now

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Having tempted providence by posting to this thread (#18) I had my first lock up for weeks today. It was just before noon and of course the channel was ITV!!!!
  • JAK99JAK99 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    nickbrace wrote:
    I spoke to Humax yesterday and when I said 'is the software update still on for April or going to be put off again', he replied by saying he wouldnt be surprised by anything...........nice guy I spoke to but he shouldnt really say that about his own company I thought!

I expect a bit of cynacism is creeping in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Quaint wrote:
    Having tempted providence by posting to this thread (#18) I had my first lock up for weeks today. It was just before noon and of course the channel was ITV!!!!

I had my first lock up as well for a while yesterday.....can someone tell me if there is a problem with the radio side of the Humax....what I did was listen to the radio and then I pressed the menu button as I wanted to then watch a recorded program - did I do something wrong, ie- should I have gone back to tv before pressing the menu button??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick yes there is an MHEG layer for the display on radio over the audio broadcast. It was pointed out recently that, even if you dont get lockups very often, you can be almost sure to get one if you leave your machine on a radio channel overnight or at some point. The MHEG engine is being worked on by Humax as part of the lockup related work a software update. This is why switching off MHEG (the ability to) removes this risk for a lot of other PVR owners, but the Humax doesnt have this option. If they arent able to fix it in time for the next software release, they should just add the option to switch MHEG off. That way the regular sufferers of this can no longer be affected at the same time as a permanent cure is worked on. Would be useful to add your lockup details to the lockups thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    nick yes there is an MHEG layer for the display on radio over the audio broadcast. It was pointed out recently that, even if you dont get lockups very often, you can be almost sure to get one if you leave your machine on a radio channel overnight or at some point. The MHEG engine is being worked on by Humax as part of the lockup related work a software update. This is why switching off MHEG (the ability to) removes this risk for a lot of other PVR owners, but the Humax doesnt have this option. If they arent able to fix it in time for the next software release, they should just add the option to switch MHEG off. That way the regular sufferers of this can no longer be affected at the same time as a permanent cure is worked on. Would be useful to add your lockup details to the lockups thread.

Thanks for that - I thought there must be some kind of issues with the radio. I am one of the few it seems that are not that careful - ie, I never bother putting in standby, EPG always comes up quickly, etc - hence this was a bit of a surprise that it happened. I will add it to the thread!

Thanks