War on Britain's Roads: BBC1 9pm

Comments

• alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    Its very Channel 4-esque. Not sure if I like it or not.
    Possible that Firecracker made it for the Beeb?
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soran wrote: »
    I wonder how many instances this program will show us of cyclists running red lights, not indicating, cycling on the pavement, cycling at night with no lights? Things I witness on a daily basis.

You cant really claim it its pro cyclist given they began with the pompous prat who is the stereotypical Cyclist that makes white van man and cabbies turn purple with rage.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idiot cyclist with headphones on.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    They think they have the rights over the roads and that everyone should move out of the way of them

The roads aren't set out well enough for them, but there also isn't much enforcable legislation to make sure cyclists follow the highway code. Cyclists are their own worst enemy.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    Yeah, and the taxi driver was too close and in the wrong. End of.

He was provoked
  • soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    You cant really claim it its pro cyclist given they began with the pompous prat who is the stereotypical Cyclist that makes white van man and cabbies turn purple with rage.

Very true, and they just showed one on the pavement and one running a red light. Don't get me wrong, there are just as many bad car drivers as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if some of the car drivers reaction is based on a rush of adrenaline when they realise they have nearly hit somebody. It must be frightening so perhaps they start shouting because they are hyped up.
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Idiot cyclist with headphones on.

Agreed. I'm aghast when I see cyclists with headphones on. I use my ears almost as much as my eyes on the road.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    He was provoked

Eh aye. That'll stand up in court.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soran wrote: »
    Very true, and they just showed one on the pavement and one running a red light. Don't get me wrong, there are just as many bad car drivers as well.

Agree

LOL... the cyclists are getting a bashing now.

car drivers next ..... :D
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no , not that terrible footage, avert my eyes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor lady :(

The trouble is the big vehicles don't see cyclists.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HGV drivers are one of my pet hates, cyclists might think they can do what they want on the road but its nothing in comparison to lorries on the motorway. If I had £1 for every time a lorry has almost hit me by cutting in I'd be able to buy a decent car.
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anybody mentioned the blindspots yet?
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a ridiculous programme...trying to make out that it's the in thing now for cyclists to go around with a camera on their helmet. More like the BBC attached cameras to cyclists helmets in order to get a tv show. That boy at the start of the show was a complete idiot..."If you can touch a vehicle from your bike then it means the vehicle is too close"...what utter rubbish. The taxi driver shouldn't have reacted as angrily as he did, but I'm not surprised he was annoyed when he had a cyclist banging on his taxi when he wasn't even in the cycle lane. The boy had a camera on his head from the BBC and needed footage, which is why he caused such a commotion with the taxi driver on purpose. What a ridiculous show by the BBC.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HGV drivers are one of my pet hates, cyclists might think they can do what they want on the road but its nothing in comparison to lorries on the motorway. If I had £1 for every time a lorry has almost hit me by cutting in I'd be able to buy a decent car.

I nearly got wiped out by one the other day. On the motorway on Monday and one forced a car onto the hard shoulder - It was really scary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a ridiculous programme...trying to make out that it's the in thing now for cyclists to go around with a camera on their helmet. More like the BBC attached cameras to cyclists helmets in order to get a tv show. That boy at the start of the show was a complete idiot..."If you can touch a vehicle from your bike then it means the vehicle is too close"...what utter rubbish. The taxi driver shouldn't have reacted as angrily as he did, but I'm not surprised he was annoyed when he had a cyclist banging on his taxi when he wasn't even in the cycle lane. The boy had a camera on his head from the BBC and needed footage, which is why he caused such a commotion with the taxi driver on purpose. What a ridiculous show by the BBC.

The taxi driver was too close and was cutting the cyclist up.

It is that simple.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are ill-informed.

There is a culture for cyclists using cameras now. Sorry, you are wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On two occasions a HGV driver has saved me a crash, but I have lost count of the number of times they have pulled out when I'm part way past them, must be in the several hundreds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "The bosses of the company that killed her"??

That's a bit emotive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that cyclist is being a right ****. No way does he have the right to cycle in the middle of the road.
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The problem is one of physics. Hgvs and the like have poor visibiliy to the sides and nothing to the rear. If you try passing a hgv on a turn your taking your life in your own hands because the driver simply cannot see you
  • premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This cyclist is a bit of a cock, it's almost like he's looking for footage.
  • SnikpohSnikpoh Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I will command the road" - what a prat this cyclist is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    You are ill-informed.

There is a culture for cyclists using cameras now. Sorry, you are wrong.

Certainly can believe that the first cyclist loves using his camera. He is a very poor choice if the want to have cyclists get much sympathy and credit from this show