World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion X (Spoilers) (Part 11)

Comments

• wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    hypervisor wrote: »
    Rey is still making big money for wwe with the youngsters and has a pretty solid mexican fan base.

HHH is working backstage and according to sources say hes coming back part time.

WWE has made lots of new stars of the past 6 years, the last 2 years more so.

Hogan would sell his mother if it meant him stealing the spotlight. Flair finished 3 years ago and now its embarrassing.

Movie guy whats your problem with rey??? its not like hes anywere near hogan/flairs age

Their all guilty of hogging the spotlight.
  • sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't really matter anyway. The only way either Dixie or Vince would have used Hogan in a wrestling capacity again would be to exploit him and make money. The fact that he has signed with TNA for another year with Eric Bischoff tells me he knew himself he wasn't gonna be able to do it again. I really believe Hulk Hogan has changed and him just doing the odd bit of TV is the best thing for him and would be best for WWE if he never went back. Just let the young guys do their thing, let the TV ratings, PPV buyrates, success of the companies rest on their shoulders for a change.

Of course TNA will eventually need to learn that is the way forward for their company to grow and get better and WWE is really gonna have a tough time of it cause guys like Triple H, Undertaker and Rey Mysterio are literally well and truly on their last legs but it's their own fault for relying on the same people for years and years. They did get a wake up call when Rock and Austin left, they did create some stars out of John Cena, Randy Orton, Dave Batista and even guys like JBL and Kane carried a lot of big storylines in that time period but their old timers too.

But that is their mindset. We can't think like a wrestler. It's just like people criticizing Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan for taking up TV, it's no different to guys like Triple H and The Undertaker. They can't let go of the spotlight either even though they can afford to. It's went on too long now and no one is sitting cheering them on and i'll say that about Ric and Hulk too. I'll certainly never respect someone like Rey Mysterio. Their there for the spotlight, the adrenaline rush and the money. No real fans are sitting at home happy to see any of them hogging TV time. People say differently on the internet but i don't think they really believe it. If you used to be a fan of wrestling and you turn on the TV now and see one of their faces then you've earned the right to swiftly change the channel. They've had their day.

Cant belive im replying to this but arent you just prenteding to be chris jericho. Your post there is a just like the speeches he gave in the run up to WrestleMania 25. One difference though is people care what he says.

Seriously man, you are always going on about how great flair is even now and you criticise Rey Mysterio for hogging the spotlight!! Rey is still in the prime of his career you eejit.

If people have had enough of Undertaker, Triple H, Rey Mysterio, then why are they the most popular wrestlers in the WWE? why do they sell more merchandise? WWE ARE pushing new guys, more than Iv seen before really. So you cant say they arent getting a chance.

Hulk and Ric are in their 60's they cant physically wrestle well anymore. They are finished, thats fine. But fans still want to see them, thats why they are there.

Undertaker fair enough is on the decline but can still wrestle, Triple H can very much still wrestle and Rey Mysterio even more so. You just talk rubbish.
  • venusstarvenusstar Posts: 4,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Awesome Kong posted on her Twitter page, "My dreams just came true today. I got my dream job. Yes, THAT one," everyone speculated she had signed with World Wrestling Entertainment.

The speculation appears to be accurate.

Although WWE has not yet given Kong (real name Kia Stephens) a name yet, and a starting date has not been determined, a key WWE source inside the company confirmed with WrestleZone tonight "the deal is complete, and Kong is in."

Our source also stated, "Kong's arrest in Florida for driving with a suspended license was no issue to WWE," and also added, "Kong's representative met with WWE on Wednesday and finalized the details on the deal. It's official, and Vince (McMahon) will decide when to officially announce it or have Kong debut on television."
    Forum Member
    sergio2006 wrote: »
    Cant belive im replying to this but arent you just prenteding to be chris jericho. Your post there is a just like the speeches he gave in the run up to WrestleMania 25. One difference though is people care what he says.

Seriously man, you are always going on about how great flair is even now and you criticise Rey Mysterio for hogging the spotlight!! Rey is still in the prime of his career you eejit.

If people have had enough of Undertaker, Triple H, Rey Mysterio, then why are they the most popular wrestlers in the WWE? why do they sell more merchandise? WWE ARE pushing new guys, more than Iv seen before really. So you cant say they arent getting a chance.

Hulk and Ric are in their 60's they cant physically wrestle well anymore. They are finished, thats fine. But fans still want to see them, thats why they are there.

Undertaker fair enough is on the decline but can still wrestle, Triple H can very much still wrestle and Rey Mysterio even more so. You just talk rubbish.

Chris Jericho? He's another person i don't like in the ring, not because he can't wrestle but because he always lets everybody hear him calling spots. Nothing wrong with Jericho. I'm sure a lot of the stuff he said was really what he felt and probably some of it was written. I'm sure the writers get sick of writing for the same people week in and week out and doing the same old routines. Just like CM Punk on Raw this week, he was completely right. The heel was right and the face was wrong. Just like the Edge/Kane storyline on Smackdown, the babyface was actually the bad guy and the heel was having all this stuff done to him he didn't deserve.

Your right Hulk and Ric are there because the fans care but look at WWE right now. Their ratings don't go up or down regardless of who is or isn't there. There is no stars in wrestling anymore. WWE is the star of the show not Rey Mysterio. You are the WWE UNIVERSE! You don't buy a WWE ticket to see a match that has been hyped up for 2 months, you go to see the WWE! And Vince is a clever guy for doing that. People go for the experience, the fancy lights, the pyro, the big staging area. It's all about a show not individuas wrestling in individual matches. That's why tickets can go on sale months and months in advance, not because their gonna sell out quickly because they rarely sell shows out but because your paying to see WWE not the actual talent on the shows. By the time the event rolls round you never know what your gonna get or who your gonna see but that don't matter because you never paid for that anyway, you paid for WWE the show.

Rey Mysterio is nowhere near the prime of his career and i can understand the levels of hatred many people online have for him. He's the star on Smackdown because Smackdown draws over 10 million viewers in Mexico every week. When he became World Champion the WWE done great business in Mexico. That is why Rey is the big star on Smackdown and that is why he stays there. They would never have Rey on Raw for a prolonged period, not when their doing big business in Mexico and they would never put Rey down to a mid card level either. Rey is where he is for business reasons only which probably suits him because it's always common knowledge every year that he avoids his surgerys in order to make the big Wrestlemania pay day. Good on him for risking his health further to make a few extra dollars but you can only do that for so long before your body starts giving out. It wont be a laughing matter if he ends up not being able to walk properly again because his knees have got so bad. That's why i actually respect Triple H a bit more now because he has actually done the right thing and stayed off TV completely while he rehabs his arm.

I don't respect people that wrestle injured and don't take care of themselves. But it goes back to the whole mindset of a wrestler. They crave that attention, the spotlights, the adreniline rush, the roar of the crowd. They don't seem to realize when it's time to call it quits and it's sad to see.
  • hypervisorhypervisor Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no stars in wrestling anymore.

You don't buy a WWE ticket to see a match that has been hyped up for 2 months, you go to see the WWE!

He's the star on Smackdown because Smackdown draws over 10 million viewers in Mexico every week. When he became World Champion the WWE done great business in Mexico. That is why Rey is the big star on Smackdown and that is why he stays there. They would never have Rey on Raw for a prolonged period, not when their doing big business in Mexico and they would never put Rey down to a mid card level either. Rey is where he is for business reasons only which probably suits him because it's always common knowledge every year that he avoids his surgerys in order to make the big Wrestlemania pay day.

I don't respect people that wrestle injured and don't take care of themselves. But it goes back to the whole mindset of a wrestler. They crave that attention, the spotlights, the adreniline rush, the roar of the crowd. They don't seem to realize when it's time to call it quits and it's sad to see.

1) John cena is the main star of wrestling has been for about 2-3 years now, thats why he's the #1 guy in the industry at the moment.....i hate cena though!!!

2)Undertaker vs HBK past 2 years in a row have whats sold wrestlemania at least 3 months bulld up with each contest.

3) Rey makes wwe a ton of money and rey makes a ton of money, business is business...rey takes time off so whats wrong with delaying it for 2-3 months (its not like he wrestles 4 times a week in a 20 minute match

4)Hogan should have quit in 2002, he's been hurting way before that too.
    Angle looks like he's gonna be on the death list in 2011, always worked injured.
    Flair can't be injury free either but still wrestles.

With wrestling you get injurys that why so many people get addicted to pain killers etc.

To say you dont respect wrestles that wrestle injured is complete nonsense, name me 1 wrestler who has never wrestled injured and you respect????
    Forum Member
    When i talked about wrestlers being injured i'm talking about the Undertakers and the Rey Mysterio's. The people that need surgery to fix their problems, not popping a few painkillers just cause their backs a bit sore. I'm talking about the injuries that left unattended for too long can affect your health in a serious way. Rey takes time off but does he get the surgery he has supposedly needed for years? No he doesn't so he might aswell be on TV for all the good it is doing him. The only good thing about Rey right now is that he is helping Alberto Del Rio become a big star and Alberto is more than capable of taking the reigns at being the face of Smackdown when he is needed to. I just feel like why should i care for this person whos working through serious injuries? Why should i care about their match when there are others who can take their place? How is that fair? Just because they make money? Couldn't they use him in another role? Of course they could.
  • sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Jericho? He's another person i don't like in the ring, not because he can't wrestle but because he always lets everybody hear him calling spots. Nothing wrong with Jericho. I'm sure a lot of the stuff he said was really what he felt and probably some of it was written. I'm sure the writers get sick of writing for the same people week in and week out and doing the same old routines. Just like CM Punk on Raw this week, he was completely right. The heel was right and the face was wrong. Just like the Edge/Kane storyline on Smackdown, the babyface was actually the bad guy and the heel was having all this stuff done to him he didn't deserve.

Your right Hulk and Ric are there because the fans care but look at WWE right now. Their ratings don't go up or down regardless of who is or isn't there. There is no stars in wrestling anymore. WWE is the star of the show not Rey Mysterio. You are the WWE UNIVERSE! You don't buy a WWE ticket to see a match that has been hyped up for 2 months, you go to see the WWE! And Vince is a clever guy for doing that. People go for the experience, the fancy lights, the pyro, the big staging area. It's all about a show not individuas wrestling in individual matches. That's why tickets can go on sale months and months in advance, not because their gonna sell out quickly because they rarely sell shows out but because your paying to see WWE not the actual talent on the shows. By the time the event rolls round you never know what your gonna get or who your gonna see but that don't matter because you never paid for that anyway, you paid for WWE the show.

Rey Mysterio is nowhere near the prime of his career and i can understand the levels of hatred many people online have for him. He's the star on Smackdown because Smackdown draws over 10 million viewers in Mexico every week. When he became World Champion the WWE done great business in Mexico. That is why Rey is the big star on Smackdown and that is why he stays there. They would never have Rey on Raw for a prolonged period, not when their doing big business in Mexico and they would never put Rey down to a mid card level either. Rey is where he is for business reasons only which probably suits him because it's always common knowledge every year that he avoids his surgerys in order to make the big Wrestlemania pay day. Good on him for risking his health further to make a few extra dollars but you can only do that for so long before your body starts giving out. It wont be a laughing matter if he ends up not being able to walk properly again because his knees have got so bad. That's why i actually respect Triple H a bit more now because he has actually done the right thing and stayed off TV completely while he rehabs his arm.

You say people just pay to see WWE the show, and that they dont care about indivuals or matches.

And then you say when Rey Mysterio won the world title the WWE did great business in mexico.

Condradicted yourself just a bit!
    Forum Member
    Well there's always exceptions but for the most part people just care about WWE. That's why the brand extension works so well. When WWE comes to town it doesn't matter if it's Raw or Smackdown rosters. It's WWE and that's all that matters. People shouldn't need to wait for the main event before getting their moneys worth. Every match on the card should be well built, have a good story and be different from the match prior to it. I think right now in wrestling the main events are the only ones with any thought put into them and so you have guys like Ted Dibiase, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre and Santino Marella who are all good at doing their own little routines but no one cares them because WWE doesn't care. All of them can bring something different to the shows.
  • Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    Very interested to see what WWE does with KONG.
  • hypervisorhypervisor Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gotta be a female member of Nexus
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Anyone else absolutely fed up with Miz feuding with Lawler? No wonder WWE struggle to make stars when they book their WWE champion so weakly that he has to have a commentator save him losing against Lawler.
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting fed up with WWE again. Although Punk joining Nexus was a highlight on Monday night! Punk I think is a more natural leader of Nexus than Wade ever was. I am hoping though that Wade isn't buried on his own though, I would love a Barrett/HHH feud in the run up to WWE.

Now we are coming up to that time of year where WWE announces their HoF inductees, what money on HBK being inducted this year? Mind, that's always assuming that WWE don't push ahead with the rumoured WCW only class of 2011. It would be meaningless without inducting Sting, arguably the best WCW wrestler to never have been employed by WWE.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Kane's new Girlfriend :eek::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    Kane's new Girlfriend :eek::D

Wouldnt be suprised the way WWE have ripped apart Kane's character since he feuded with taker 2 months ago.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe easy to pair her with Mark Henry.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's tagging with Jerry Lawler.The team will be called "King Kong". :o (I'll get my coat)
  • decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    She's tagging with Jerry Lawler.The team will be called "King Kong". :o (I'll get my coat)

She could even be in a King-Miz-Kong love triangle

I'm The Miz and she's Awesome!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    She could even be in a King-Miz-Kong love triangle

I'm The Miz and she's Awesome!

I don't know if it's worse that you two are making those wisecracks or that I'm laughing at them :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an idea for this CM Punk storyline now Cena is out of the picture.. It may not suite everyone on here but at least hear me out.

A returning Wade Barett could return to face CM Punk and at Wrestlemania there could be a:

CM Punk vs Wade Barett match at Wrestlemania.
    Winner is the leader of Nexus, Loser leaves WWE! (Doesnt have to be a loser leaves WWE match if its not a good idea)

But before Wrestlemania they could make Wade a face and have his road to wrestlemania of being a face and CM Punk as a heel.

Then after Wrestlemania a returning John Cena (depending how badly he is injured) could take out either CM Punk or Wade Barett depending who is still in WWE (this is so the person can try other things in WWE) and reveal himself as the ultimate leader of Nexus.

This will make nearly everyones dreams come true, It will be more interesting. And John Cena will finally be a heel.

So what do you think... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone actually thought why Alex Riley carries around that Silver briefcase with him. I HAVE:

Maybe the new WWE Championship is inside of it or it will be in the near future.

Obviously there WILL be a new WWE title design at some point in 2011.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    I miss the days of Hulk Hogan and always enjoyed his pre-match comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcZvSv_fZd0
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    Sounds like good news about Cena. After only just getting his job back it would have been a shame if it was serious and he had to be off TV again so soon after his firing

Erm... Who wants to tell him?...
  • decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    Erm... Who wants to tell him?...

"Tread softly because you tread upon my dreams" - William Butler Yeats
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    "Tread softly because you tread upon my dreams" - William Butler Yeats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, Why doesent anyone read my posts all the time :( - I feel like a brick wall.
This discussion has been closed.