Inappropriate language

RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi My Friends! Fellow DS Members!

All are Welcome on my new thread. Please respect others regardless of Ethnicity, gender, religious values or disability.

Please discuss any issues you fell relevant and I will give my own excellent contributions to the success of the thread for our own and others enjoyment and well-being.

In case of Fire, please take notice of your nearest Evacuation Route.
Beverages and snacks are permitted, subject to local rules and at your own expense.

=-=-=
Agenda:

1. I bloody hate going to the supermarket and being asked if I need help packing 3 items.

2. Britain's got Talent repeatedly saying "Welcome to Britain's Got Talent" to people who have been queuing and chatting for hours at the venue. It's so wrong.

Who wrote the script? Would you fire them?
Is it actually a good Welcome? Would you mark the scriptwriter's card as "Deserving of Promotion"?

Comments

• Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Have you got a (Store loyalty card)?
    Would you like any cashback?

If I want any of those things and every other stupid thing they ask, I will says so! I'm senile quite yet.
  • Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I can't stand people that moan about petty things and complain of being bored of life.
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry you feel that way Sky_Guy. How can we improve to stop you having that negative impression?

Your contribution is noted and much appreciated.
  • MisterDuckMisterDuck Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    The ever-increasing army of marching morons who say "should of/would of/must of" and all their horrible variants.
  • Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry you feel that way Sky_Guy. How can we improve to stop you having that negative impression?

Your contribution is noted and much appreciated.

You can't:D
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being asked if you need help with your packing of 3 items in a supermarket is probably annoying, but I'm not sure it's inappropriate.

Indeed, given the context, one can imagine it would actually be very appropriate.
  • flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Innit tho :)
  • EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,034
    Forum Member
    Interrupting threads to pass comment on spelling and grammar, if you're can't pay attention to the point being made then don't bore everyone else with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »
    Interrupting threads to pass comment on spelling and grammar, if you're can't pay attention to the point being made then don't bore everyone else with it.

Bravo!
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Never happened to me. If it did, wouldn't bother me, really.

2. Don't watch the programme. If I did, wouldn't bother me, really.

You're very welcome. :)
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people who cant tell the difference between their opinions, and actual facts.
  • Default_UserDefault_User Posts: 4,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it bizarre that the cashier in the off licence always, and I mean always, asks, no matter how much beer I put on the counter, "Is that all?". I mean, do you not think that would be enough?
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was that deliberate :D
  • 1manonthebog1manonthebog Posts: 3,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said, there are some folk on here though only on here for that reason.
  • 1manonthebog1manonthebog Posts: 3,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing that really really fecks me off is in my local corner shop, people in front who lift a few things, set them at the till then bugger of back around the shop lifting more while you're stood their waiting.
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Was that deliberate :D (On grammar)

:D
    Lol, no it wasn't actually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing that really really fecks me off is in my local corner shop, people in front who lift a few things, set them at the till then bugger of back around the shop lifting more while you're stood their waiting.

Innit tho!
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    solarflare wrote: »
    Being asked if you need help with your packing of 3 items in a supermarket is probably annoying, but I'm not sure it's inappropriate.

Indeed, given the context, one can imagine it would actually be very appropriate.

Very true, now if they asked if they could help you bury your enemies under the patio or something, that would be inappropriate. Unless your three items were a kango drill, a spade and some large bin liners of course, in which case, it may be entirely appropriate!
    Forum Member
    flower 2 wrote: »
    Bravo!

Why, thank you kindly :cool:

And thankyou OP for such a gracious invitation to a thread.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Chat show hosts who start off a sentence with

Did you see this story? Did anybody read about this?.....

before telling us which news story they're actually talking about!
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a friend who used to say "What do you think then?" or "It's terrible isn't it?" and then stop, waiting for a response.

It would be completely random stuff. State of the economy when we were talking about the Weather, or vice versa.

He was from Bolton and was always deadpan monotone.
    I never worked out if he was socially awkward or a WUM on these frequent occasions.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member

What a sad existence that must be.
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britain's got talent is a shit name for a television programme
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Britain's got talent is a shit name for a television programme

I do feel your language there is somewhat inappropriate. :)
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member

Are we talking about actual shoplifters here? :confused: