Forum Member
✭✭
was he gay?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think, not certain though, that he used to say that he was the only gay in the shop.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Equally worrying was Roland Rat who had a bloke's hand up his backside.And the Flowerpot Men seemed pretty friendly to me.
  • Options
    Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Equally worrying was Roland Rat who had a bloke's hand up his backside.And the Flowerpot Men seemed pretty friendly to me.

That was until they got busted by the drugs squad for smoking Little Weed. :D
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there always a worry about Captain Pugwash and Roger the cabin boy, not to mention Seaman Staines ?
  • Options
    mbessexmbessex Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Wasn't there always a worry about Captain Pugwash and Roger the cabin boy, not to mention Seaman Staines ?

Other than the cabinboy was called Tom.

There is a persistent urban legend, repeated by the now-defunct UK newspaper the Sunday Correspondent, which ascribes sexually suggestive names – such as Master Bates, Seaman Staines, and Roger the Cabin Boy (meaning to have sex with) – to Captain Pugwash's characters, and indicating that the captain's name was a slang Australian term for oral sex. John Ryan successfully sued both the Sunday Correspondent and The Guardian newspapers in 1991 for printing this legend as fact.
This discussion has been closed.