Geri Halliwell

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EMI dropped her in 2005 according to the web. Can you prove otherwise?

I thought Geri and EMI parted ways. She wasnt dropped she completed her contract of 3 albums.
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Geri and EMI parted ways. She wasnt dropped she completed her contract of 3 albums.

She wasn't dropped in the sense that she had completed three albums with them, you're right!

However, after the release of Passion and Desire, Innocent/EMI essentially told her that they would not be supporting any further releases from the album nor would they renew the contract for any future albums.

They 'parted ways'.

Although....as far as I know, they did return to Geri with the offer of releasing a solo Greatest Hits in 2008 off the back of The Spice Girls tour but she turned it down and EMI were not willing to release it without her promoting it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    I thought she had drunken a energy can bfor she went on air.Geri was very talkative and full of hot air.I do think she likes press attention has do most of the Spices.Endearing isnot a word I would use in the same sentence has Geri.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Lol quote from popbitch

Geri once went into a record meet late with the classic phrase"I'm having a fat day"
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Itsnotreal wrote: »
    Lol quote from popbitch

Geri once went into a record meet late with the classic phrase"I'm having a fat day"

Now that did not happen.
    I wasn't there but I know everything because I do.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    She wasn't dropped in the sense that she had completed three albums with them, you're right!

However, after the release of Passion and Desire, Innocent/EMI essentially told her that they would not be supporting any further releases from the album nor would they renew the contract for any future albums.

They 'parted ways'.

Although....as far as I know, they did return to Geri with the offer of releasing a solo Greatest Hits in 2008 off the back of The Spice Girls tour but she turned it down and EMI were not willing to release it without her promoting it.

Shame Love Never Loved Me didnt get released. I hope for greatest hits one day , Be nice to own a dvd with all of Geri's videos aswel. Also she has some amaizing b sides so se could always include them :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can reveal that Geri will be performing three songs at next month's Breast Cancer Care Fashion Show.

Which Geri classics would you like to hear?

Who's looking forward to hearing the brand new song Phenomenal Woman?

Support the cause! To book tickets go to www.breastcancercare.org.uk/theshow or call 0845 092 0806
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I .

Over the hill and far away?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't remember that being one of her eleven number one singles...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can reveal that Geri will be performing three songs at next month's Breast Cancer Care Fashion Show.

Who's looking forward to hearing the brand new song Phenomenal Woman?

Support the cause! To book tickets go to www.breastcancercare.org.uk/theshow or call 0845 092 0806

I'M very much looking forward to hearing Phenomenal Woman! Is it a dance song or ballad or up beat! Just so excited. As a huge fan im looking forward to hearing anything Geri comes up with. Its been quite a while but if i had to choose Look At Me, Its Raining Men and Lift Me Up. So hard to choose. There needs to be a Geri appreciation forum on here aswell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very ironic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember that being one of her eleven number one singles...

Or 16 top 10 singles :)
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or 16 top 10 singles :)

Weren't most of them with the Spice Girls? How many has she had in the last say, ten years?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weren't most of them with the Spice Girls? How many has she had in the last say, ten years?

8 solo top 10 es. Tbf she hasnt had lots of singles out either in the last 10 years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    8 solo top 10 es. Tbf she hasnt had lots of singles out either in the last 10 years.

Because she couldn't get a record contract, right? Yeah I forgot.

So, most of the number one's were 12-15 years ago.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geri_Halliwell_discography

Last no1 was in 2001 and that was a cover version from a movie.

Last top 5 single was 2004

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dont know where people hear these things. Geri stopped releasing music for years hung up her hot pants as stated it. Dont understand why people make out she has been struggling to release music for years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geri_Halliwell_discography

Last no1 was in 2001 and that was a cover version from a movie.

Last top 5 single was 2004

:)

Followed by Desire which didnt do to well and no more singles till now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Unfortunately, Geri won't be releasing Phenomenal Woman as a single - it's just a fitting, one-off performance for a good cause ..and a taste of her new material for fans.

There is new music - an album - on the way... although it looks like things may take a little longer than everyone expected. Geri has decided she would like to write some more..... :rolleyes:

It's a shame because she has some cracking pop songs ready to go! But "I am Geri Halliwell and Geri Halliwell knows what she is doing!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update: Unfortunately, Geri won't be releasing Phenomenal Woman as a single - it's just a fitting, one-off performance for a good cause ..and a taste of her new material for fans.

There is new music - an album - on the way... although it looks like things may take a little longer than everyone expected. Geri has decided she would like to write some more..... :rolleyes:

It's a shame because she has some cracking pop songs ready to go! But "I am Geri Halliwell and Geri Halliwell knows what she is doing!"

I wouldn't have thought that Toni Morrison either needs nor wants her ode to powerful women epitomised by a woman defined by her relationships and her weight. Neither of which are empowering.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have thought that Toni Morrison either needs nor wants her ode to powerful women epitomised by a woman defined by her relationships and her weight. Neither of which are empowering.

Umm.. Phenomenal Woman is a poem written by the legendary American writer and poet Maya Angelou.... lol.

Geri will be performing a new version of the inspirational piece as an ode to the numerous phenomenal woman who will be taking part in the Breast Cancer Care Fashion Show and for every person directly affected by and joining the battle against breast cancer.

Geri has been a patron for BCC for for many years, slightly harsh to label her in that way.

Most people don't define Geri Halliwell in the way that you do.. of course a similarly aged, less successful, less experienced woman like yourself will have a certain opinion.

But for a good number of 20-somethings across the globe Geri is a woman who helped them, as kids, to believe in themselves, to follow their dreams and to accept their individuality.

"There's a classic speech that you [Nelson Madella] did, something like 'Never suppress yourself, never make yourself feel small because of other people's insecurities'.. that's what Girl Power is all about!.. So I think we're on the same level."

^Phenomenal :D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this thread had been bumped and thought I was going to be reading about her new album.

Alas no.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the update :) I'M still thrilled Geri's working on new music. Shame it may take a while u still all good things...
    She should release an E.P as a slice of what shes been up too. Geri's a huge inspiration to me & her music means alot. Im glad shes writng. I would love a third book aswell. Been a decade since Just For The Record (which ofcourse i love) Cant wait for chapter 4 in Geri music world :D
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot abide her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot abide her.

Then why have you made the effort to come on a Geri Halliwell thread which has clearly got this far as a fan discussion. There are a few celebs im not fans off but i cant think of anything more pathetic than to waste my time and complain about them. Some of us have better things to do with our time.