Can you shower in 4 minutes?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 minutes is plenty to get wet and wash especially using shower gel and one of those lacy pouffe things in a ball (whatever they are called!!!).

People saying you can;t wash off the dirt in that time and need to soak must takes hours to wash plates and cutlery then which can have far more stubborn dirt on them...

Or having dirty hands after doing car maintenance or the garden which are far more stubborn.

If you can't get the normal bodily exudants off you in 4minutes I think you need to see a Dr!

Also, washing hair and shaving doesn't require water to be going over the whole body....that is akin to leaving the tap running while brushing your teeth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, not even if I was to not wash my hair or shave. Usually I take 30-45 minutes. That includes shampooing, rinsing, conditioning, standing about letting the conditioner work, rinsing again, body-washing, face exfoliating and cleansing, lathering up and thoroughly shaving all the things, double-checking my hair feels completely clean and rinsed, and then standing around for another five minutes just for good measure and/or so I can sing along to the song that's come on. Singing does probably add time as well. :D

I could probably cut the whole thing down to 20 minutes if I really rushed, and 10 minutes if I skipped several steps, but in 4 minutes my body wouldn't even feel clean and I wouldn't have had time to touch my hair. No way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 minutes? 240 seconds? Don't make me laugh. I'll take 10. I'm not fat, I'm 11st, 6'2, and don't bumble about wasting time. I simply wash myself properly, taking longer than 4 minutes.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 minutes is plenty and I don't think I am a dirty person, maybe if it takes you 10-20 mins at a minimum like some on here, then you may have a medical condition. Do some people on here still smell really bad after 3-4 mins?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haruhion wrote: »
    4 minutes? 240 seconds? Don't make me laugh. I'll take 10. I'm not fat, I'm 11st, 6'2, and don't bumble about wasting time. I simply wash myself properly, taking longer than 4 minutes.

Do you still stink after 4 mins?
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I didn't wash my hair, I could do it. Unless you are very dirty, or have other issues like reduced mobility, or a particularly pathetic shower, it is a reasonable length of time. There is no need to scrub each square centimeter of skin if you are washing regularly. In fact, it's bad for your skin to over-wash, so it is perhaps no wonder some of these lengthy showerers also need extra time for regular exfoliation and applying moisturiser. Just focus on soaping the sweaty bits, and then give yourself a good rinse and it's enough.

If you've been doing something particularly dirty, or sweat inducing, you will need a bit longer, but most of the rest of the time is just habit. If you've got dirty fingernails, clean them before you get into the shower.

If I do wash my hair, it takes longer, and I like to make sure that the shampoo and conditioner is properly rined out. If you do use conditioner and want to leave it for a bit to work, why can't people use that time to wash the rest of themselves? There's no need to stand there waiting.
  • ThisSheepMoobsThisSheepMoobs Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eww at the people saying 4 minutes is enough and somehow people who spend longer are dirty. You serious?
    hahaahahaha 4 minutes ain't long- you might as well not have a shower, you probably stink after. Your probably the tramp on the bus.

20 minutes is max I take anyway, it is enough time to wash yourself properly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eww at the people saying 4 minutes is enough and somehow people who spend longer are dirty. You serious?
    hahaahahaha 4 minutes ain't long- you might as well not have a shower, you probably stink after. Your probably the tramp on the bus.

20 minutes is max I take anyway, it is enough time to wash yourself properly.

Lol far from a tramp here! Maybe you would stink like a tramp after a 4 min shower, but don't judge everyone by your level of body odour!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol far from a tramp here! Maybe you would stink like a tramp after a 4 min shower, but don't judge everyone by your level of body odour!

You probably stink like a tramp and not realise it. 4 minute shower is not long enough to wash yourself with soap, bodywash,and shampoo etc..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You probably stink like a tramp and not realise it. 4 minute shower is not long enough to wash yourself with soap, bodywash,and shampoo etc..

Lol no I don't stink like a tramp, come smell me if you want :)
  • billyboy789billyboy789 Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We all know about your previous threads on personal hygiene, anyone who doesn't wash every 10 mins will " stink like a tramp " *

* Which is extremely anti-trampist talk, I'm sure they are very fragrant in a robust, musky sort of way .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol no I don't stink like a tramp, come smell me if you want :)

You probably stink.
    We all know about your previous threads on personal hygiene, anyone who doesn't wash every 10 mins will " stink like a tramp " *

* Which is extremely anti-trampist talk, I'm sure they are very fragrant in a robust, musky sort of way .

Anti-trampist talk- too right. Why should anyone else put up with bad bin smell cos so and so can't wash themselves properly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You probably stink.

Anti-trampist talk- too right. Why should anyone else put up with bad bin smell cos so and so can't wash themselves properly?

I probably don't.

Would you stink after 4 minutes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I probably don't.

Would you stink after 4 minutes?

I don't stink. You shower for 4 minutes, you must go in and out within a click of a finger and therfore must stink like a tramp.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't stink. You shower for 4 minutes, you must go in and out within a click of a finger and therfore must stink like a tramp.

It takes you 4 minutes to click your finger?

I know you don't stink. However if you left the shower after 4 minutes of washing, would your body still stink?
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who needs a long shower must be quite dirty/smelly to begin with. I'm not, so i don't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It takes you 4 minutes to click your finger?

I know you don't stink. However if you left the shower after 4 minutes of washing, would your body still stink?

it was just a saying. 4 minutes is not long.

I always had a 15-20 minute shower. I feel clean after.
    You probably are dirty and not wash yourself properly after a 4 minutes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was just a saying. 4 minutes is not long.

I always had a 15-20 minute shower. I feel clean after.
    You probably are dirty and not wash yourself properly after a 4 minutes.

I am clean after 4 minutes. I wash myself properly.

Would you be clean after 4 minutes? Or would you still stink?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am clean after 4 minutes. I wash myself properly.

Would you be clean after 4 minutes? Or would you still stink?

Do you wash yourself properly? From feet to head? Do you use soap? Body wash? Shampoo?

I don't think you do. Hence you smelly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you wash yourself properly? From feet to head? Do you use soap? Body wash? Shampoo?

I don't think you do. Hence you smelly.

I have a skinhead so need to wash/condition hair, 4 minutes is plenty of time to lather myself up, scrub and rinse.

What about you, would you stink after just 4 minutes?

Give it a go....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you still stink after 4 mins?

I don't generally stink all that much before I take the shower, however wouldn't be as clean as I would like after 4 minutes, that's for sure. I go in there to clean myself, not to solely to smell nice.

If you have the impression that people always smell before they take a shower, you give me the impression you don't shower enough yourself.
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    I could do it in half that time! I guess being a skinhead helps!

Ooooohh !! you shave down there;)
  • Simmo12Simmo12 Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Could be dangerous. To get it done in 4 minutes you would need to be rushing, which might make you drop the soap which you might then trip up on, banging your head on the down and bruising your backside badly when you get there. Just theorising ;)
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember the thread about strong BO people that travel on buses?

I wish they would shower... even for 4 minutes :p
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    That is what the water companies are asking for. For me this is totally unrealistic. The quickest I could have a shower is probably about 10 minutes.

At least they're taking into account time for sex :)