Options

Series 8 - All Episode Titles Confirmed By BBC

13»

Comments

• Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robot of Sherwood; Mummy on the Orient Express....Does anyone else cringe & groan at those punning titles that hark back to another piece of fiction?

Sort of. I'm also not particularly fond of the title "Kill the Moon" (although I'm really looking forward to the episode itself; it sounds fantastic). It just sounds too forced; like it's trying to attract attention with its strangeness.

"Robot of Sherwood" just doesn't sound right. I get that it's supposed to be a wordplay on "Robin of Sherwood", but "Robots of Sherwood" or "The Robot of Sherwood" sound a lot more natural.

"Mummy on the Orient Express" just sounds boring. I think they could have come up with a more inventive name than that.
    (Disclaimer: When I say "boring", I mean the title, not the episode itself)

On the other hand "Listen", "Flatline", "In the Forest of the Night" and "Dark Water" are all excellent sounding titles.

Anyway, for anyone who is interested, here are short synopses of all 12 episodes from this week's Radio Times:
    http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-previews-series-8-in-radio-times-65611.htm

There may be some minor spoilers, but they're pretty tiny.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Mummy on the Orient Express" just sounds boring. I think they could have come up with a more inventive name than that.
    (Disclaimer: When I say "boring", I mean the title, not the episode itself)

On the other hand "Listen", "Flatline", "In the Forest of the Night" and "Dark Water" are all excellent sounding titles.

Moffat's era has had a good mixture of more cryptic mysterious titles - Hide, Dark Water, The Bells Of St John and many others - alongside the far more obvious, does what it says on the tin type titles, guaranteed to grab your attention (with the title as least) like The Wedding Of River Song, Let's Kill Hitler, or Vampires of Venice.
    And then he takes it that bit further with blockbustery type shlocky film titles - and here the title Mummy On The Orient Express sits alongside Dinosaurs On A Spaceship and Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?

It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.

Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon!
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Kill the Moon ends with the Doctor and Clara both dead?

Cheery :D