Botox alternative?

KanKanKanKan Posts: 35
Forum Member
Hi

I am starting to see lines under my eyes (I'm 37) and I know that you can't have botox there , only where your crows feet appear, which I don't have. Has anyone got any idea what you can use instead? I have tried various eyecreams but my skin looks a bit crepey there and dehydrated :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi - I don't have anything to suggest I'm afraid as I've used every cream and serum known to man but nothing works.

I will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone comes forward and admits to having found the Holy Grail of beauty treatments ;-)
  • KanKanKanKan Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    PERILLA wrote: »
    Hi - I don't have anything to suggest I'm afraid as I've used every cream and serum known to man but nothing works.

I will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone comes forward and admits to having found the Holy Grail of beauty treatments ;-)

Hi!

Ditto, fingers crossed ;-)
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,363
    Forum Member
    Products with hyaluronic acid will have a temporary visual plumping effect on those lines, that's your best bet to help without resorting to surgery.

Some people also have minor success with rosehip oil on fine lines, it helps to soften them a bit.

Another temporary solution is the eye masks you can buy - a few brands do them. I have used these before when tired to good effect, the DHC brand is good and much cheaper than the high end ones. You look ridiculous wearing them but when you take them off your under-eyes will look fresher and plumper!

None of these are proper solutions like botox though - they won't reverse the signs of ageing in the longterm, they'll only visibly smooth and plump the area for the day after applying them. Better than nothing though - and very cheap options!

If you're truly dehydrated in your skin I'd also recommend upping your water intake and layering hyaluronic acid products over a spray of water (like those spring water sprays you can buy for skin), so that you effectvely help lock in that water to your skin. Make sure you aren't using products that are too harsh and drying on your skin, too, and that you aren't dragging your skin too hard when washing your face, moisturising etc.
  • KanKanKanKan Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    Products with hyaluronic acid will have a temporary visual plumping effect on those lines, that's your best bet to help without resorting to surgery.

Some people also have minor success with rosehip oil on fine lines, it helps to soften them a bit.

Another temporary solution is the eye masks you can buy - a few brands do them. I have used these before when tired to good effect, the DHC brand is good and much cheaper than the high end ones. You look ridiculous wearing them but when you take them off your under-eyes will look fresher and plumper!

None of these are proper solutions like botox though - they won't reverse the signs of ageing in the longterm, they'll only visibly smooth and plump the area for the day after applying them. Better than nothing though - and very cheap options!

If you're truly dehydrated in your skin I'd also recommend upping your water intake and layering hyaluronic acid products over a spray of water (like those spring water sprays you can buy for skin), so that you effectvely help lock in that water to your skin. Make sure you aren't using products that are too harsh and drying on your skin, too, and that you aren't dragging your skin too hard when washing your face, moisturising etc.

Thank you for your advice

I am constantly dehydrated, I'm Type 1 diabetic so its a problem regardless of the 2ltr of water a day. I haven't tried using any products with hyaluronic acid in so I will look into that , I will try anything once :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Regular sleep, cold eye mask for an hour before bed, a face cream (doesn't even have to be pricey- I use one from Avon), use a liquid foundation which is moisturise rich (protect and perfect or Rimmels 25 hour one), face masks are good for refreshing your face and brightening your skin up.