Options

Thinking of getting a contract phone

KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've never had one before, so I would like some advice from you good people.

I pay around £25 a month for pay as you go usage. I recently cracked the screen on my phone, so its time to get a new one, especially as the phone randomly dials people and further costs me money.

I was thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy 6 on EE for £39.99 up front and then £34.99 a month, which gives unlimited minutes to any network, texts and 4GB data which is enough for me.

I've never done this before, so as I said any advice is appreciated. A few people have told me to stay away from contract phones, but I'm not sure. I'm going to have to buy a new one anyway.

Comments

• Options
    lightspeed2398lightspeed2398 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It can work out cheaper to buy a phone upfront (for a large amount of money) and then just pay a network a SIM only fee or remain on PAYG.

The EE deal isn't especially bad so I'd go with that if that suits you.
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the Note 4 for £31.99 a month, 5GB a month, unlimited minutes and texts...thanks.
  • Options
    lightspeed2398lightspeed2398 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good deal again, although the Note 4 is now beginning to get old (it's not really but there's already a new phone out). There is a difference between the two lines though, with the S6 being more of a consumer phone and the Note 4 being more of a "prosumer" phone with a better battery etc.

They'll both be adequate for quite a long time still IMO so really it comes down to budget and your choice of phone. I'd personally go with the S6 because it's the most recent but if battery and screen size are important along with expandable storage the Note's the one for you.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a lot of money on payg with EE. If 3 are good in your area the they do a £15 a month deal with 300 minutes 3000 texts and unlimited data. Then you could look at buying one the many good phones in the £200 to £300 region such as the LG G3, S6 or HTC M8. The S6 is a fine phone but it will cost you.
  • Options
    gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    What about the Note 4 for £31.99 a month, 5GB a month, unlimited minutes and texts...thanks.

Have you got a link to that deal because I'm interested in the note 4 but can't see it for that price.