Jamie Oliver's new baby

Comments

• kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Geek wrote: »
    I like the name Buddy. :o

I don't mind it either, and if you take away the 2nd names, Daisy and Poppy are pretty mainstream names. Nobody complained when Gary Barlow called his daughter Daisy!
  • slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't know Gary Barlow's kid was called Daisy but I think it about everybody who gives their kids dumb names. Why not do what the yanks do and give him a normal name but call him Buddy?

I just think you should give kids a name they can do anything with, rather than giving them a name that reflects what you WANT them to be.

For example calling your kid something like Kylie or Chardonnay because you want them to be a Wag or Daisy or Petal because you want them to do something fluffy when as far as you know they might grow up to be a brain surgeon or cure cancer.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope when he is older that he doesnt have the nickname Buddy 'Ollie:eek:
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he could always use Maurice, one of his middle names
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Buddy Bear Oliver???

I much preferred lozenger's Basil Parsley Foxglove.

me too!! why thankyou lexi - if you need any babies naming I am very cheap :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »

:D:D brilliant - it's already stuck!
  • funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My thoughts exactly!
    As soon as you say Buddy Oliver you think Buddy 'Olly!

Where does Maurice come into it then? Is Buddy a nickname?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    funci wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly!
    As soon as you say Buddy Oliver you think Buddy 'Olly!

Where does Maurice come into it then? Is Buddy a nickname?

I read that Maurice was Jools's late fathers name...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know someone who called their second son Buddy, it really suits him. But will it get shortened to Bud?

Cotton Bud?
    Bottle of Bud?
    Bud Ugly?
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Jamie and Jools - lovely couple and a lovely family.

Can't say I'm keen on the name but I bet it suits the little fella. Having looked at the pics on Twitter, he's gorgeous!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know someone who called their second son Buddy, it really suits him. But will it get shortened to Bud?

Cotton Bud?
    Bottle of Bud?
    Bud Ugly?

Bud Wiser:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

good call :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member

Buddy The Elf :p "The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear!"
  • Huffy1968Huffy1968 Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Jamie and Jools, wonderful news. :)
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,209
    Forum Member
    congrats I suppose even if I detest the man, and as for her, I dont understand why people like Jools Oliver, Jane Goldman and Paula Yates, give their kids funny names as they think it will be sweet when theyre little but they forget the kid will have to go thorugh their whole life with the names:mad:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have a preposterous taste in names, but that's up to them, I suppose. Their kids won't thank them for it when they're older though!! :D

'Buddy Bear' probably seems cute for a little baby, but not once he hits his teens and twenties!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, Jules will be banging out another one in just over a years time - I expect Fat Tongue is planning it at the moment, let's just hope this poor child does not inherit too much his fathers looks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://twitpic.com/2ozbh2

Don't know if anyone posted this one, but its of the whole family.

The daughters are all gorgeous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »

Yes they are extremely beautiful girls - I have noticed Jules Oliver really looks worn out and it is not just the fact she has had another child - she has looked that way for quite a while now.

She always looked hot before she had their first one.
  • DeeLushDeeLush Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slsls wrote: »
    Didn't know Gary Barlow's kid was called Daisy but I think it about everybody who gives their kids dumb names. Why not do what the yanks do and give him a normal name but call him Buddy?

I just think you should give kids a name they can do anything with, rather than giving them a name that reflects what you WANT them to be.

For example calling your kid something like Kylie or Chardonnay because you want them to be a Wag or Daisy or Petal because you want them to do something fluffy when as far as you know they might grow up to be a brain surgeon or cure cancer.

I nearly called my daughter Daisy (one of my friends stole it grr)... and it wasnt because i wanted her to be "fluffy" it was simply because i liked the name.
  • DeeLushDeeLush Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »

beautiful pic
    how strange the little one on the left is the spit of her mum, while the one on the right is the spit of her dad:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DeeLush wrote: »
    beautiful pic
    how strange the little one on the left is the spit of her mum, while the one on the right is the spit of her dad:D

Dead-ringers for Jules - mother nature would not be that cruel to three beautiful children.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    Buddy hell what a stupid name! Jamie Oliver really is a pretentious, fat-tongued idiot...
  • shanacshanac Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I think hes been a bit disrespectful about his daughters in the past. He said his house was too full of oestrogen and that if this one wasnt a boy then he would adopt one. I mean how bloody rude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanac wrote: »
    I think hes been a bit disrespectful about his daughters in the past. He said his house was too full of oestrogen and that if this one wasnt a boy then he would adopt one. I mean how bloody rude.

The image we see of Oliver is not a true one:

I have personally always been under the impression that he has some form of autism which seems to become prevelant in his presentation.

He has got one hot sister though, absoloutely stunning :eek::D