Question regarding Note 4 Battery & smart watch

darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi all,

I have a Note 4 running Lollipop & have found the battery life to be superb, even when having 4G active and Bluetooth headphones connected. I am really interested in getting a smart watch in the future, but was wondering what kind of impact this would have on the battery, if I have the watch connected to the phone, at the same time as the headphones. The reason I am asking this is because when I have a good day health wise, I do love to go out for a decent walk whilst listening to music, but would love a smart watch with a pedometer, so I can record my activity, along with other functions.

Does anyone here know if doing this, is a major battery killer or not ?

Many Thanks

Comments

• lightspeed2398lightspeed2398 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most smart watches use Bluetooth 4.0 LE (or 4.1) meaning that they use a lot less battery than bluetooth normally uses. However they can poll the GPS and other features of the smartphone, but it shouldn't be too big an impact on the battery. If you use that instead of the smartphone as well the smartphone screen is off for longer meaning that less battery is used.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most smart watches use Bluetooth 4.0 LE (or 4.1) meaning that they use a lot less battery than bluetooth normally uses. However they can poll the GPS and other features of the smartphone, but it shouldn't be too big an impact on the battery. If you use that instead of the smartphone as well the smartphone screen is off for longer meaning that less battery is used.

Thanks for the info lightspeed, much appreciated :)
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I have a Note 4 running Lollipop & have found the battery life to be superb, even when having 4G active and Bluetooth headphones connected. I am really interested in getting a smart watch in the future, but was wondering what kind of impact this would have on the battery, if I have the watch connected to the phone, at the same time as the headphones. The reason I am asking this is because when I have a good day health wise, I do love to go out for a decent walk whilst listening to music, but would love a smart watch with a pedometer, so I can record my activity, along with other functions.
    Does anyone here know if doing this, is a major battery killer or not ?

Many Thanks

The note 4 has S health which has a pedometer aswel as other fitness tracking.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gavo360 wrote: »
    The note 4 has S health which has a pedometer aswel as other fitness tracking.

Well as they say you learn something new everyday. :blush:

Thanks for that :)