Options

So You Think You Can Dance, season 4 - who's watching? (Spoilers!)

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week!

Guest judge is Adam Shankman.
    Mark and Courtney - Vienesse Waltz (Jason Gilkison) and jazz (Sonya Tayeh)
    Katee and Joshua - contemporary (Tyce) and paso doble (Jason Gilkison)
    Twitch and Chelsie - mambo (Tony and Melanie) and hip hop (Napoleon and Tabitha)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was going through YouTube when I found Ivan's account - here's a completely improvised Travis and Ivan dance. It's fantastic :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJkWvXxyXbU
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently
    Mark and Courtney
    have an amazing week - two brilliant routines and the best solos of the night. Hope that's right :)

Mark reminds me a bit of Wade, actually, in the way he moves. Anyone else think that or am I just a bit demented? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen it at last! Loved Mark and Courtney, and the Katee/Joshua contemporary :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maltipom wrote: »
    You're welcome. STC is a great site for watching a huge number of tv shows from around the world. Basically the site collates all the clips from different sites like YT and puts them on one easy to navigate site. Occasionally, you won't be able to watch a clip because you're not in the USA or wherever, but if you look to the right of the page, there are usually alternate sites that you can try. Of course it all depends on some kind people uploading them in the first place.

The site does work better with Mozilla Firefox rather than Internet Explorer, though.

Your right.... its so much quicker on mozilla firefox
  • Options
    maltipommaltipom Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Ok, the best dance of the season for me ... and I know there's still next week to go ... but the music, choreography and execution of Sonya's jazz with Mark & Courtney was very, very special. That is the one I'll re-watch many times and for me is up there with the 'Hummingbird' and 'Bench' dances' from previous seasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm disappointed with the result this week - both my favourites are gone :(

Only
    Courtney, Katee, Twitch and Joshua
    left now. Who do you guys think should win?

I think probably
    Josh or Katee.
  • Options
    maltipommaltipom Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I don't think either Josh or Twitch are good enough. Katee I think is technically better and Courtney is way more versatile than any of them, although not fantastic at any one style. So now that Mark's gone, I want one of the girls to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maltipom wrote: »
    I don't think either Josh or Twitch are good enough. Katee I think is technically better and Courtney is way more versatile than any of them, although not fantastic at any one style. So now that Mark's gone, I want one of the girls to win.
    Yeah, I think Mark should have won. I think Katee is technically the best, Courtney's technique is a bit iffy for me sometimes but I think she and Josh are on about the same level (have just watched this week's show again and she's just above Josh for me.) and Twitch is at the bottom.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark and Comfort were fantastic. Thought Mark held his own. Didn't really like many of the other routines. The Argentine tango I liked but then Chelsea always seems to have dances she can excell in. Twitch didn't dance at all in the contemp it was alot of standing and jumps. Will and Courtney had only one decent dance I thought and that was the slow hip hop. Not too sure about the Jazz broadway dance. Seems manic to me but then I'm no dancer. Bring back Shane Sparks and Wade Robson.

I do like Mandy Moore and Tab/Nap though but Mia is just very weird.

That should be made into a name Tabnap..:)

I love Mia. she can be harsh though. i think her harshest this year was telling Will he looked tired from carrying his partner, and he needed a new one.

wade robson and mia will always be my faves

but... Mandy and Sonya are amazing. -
    she did a brilliant routine for Courtney and Mark this week.
    for worst guest judge this season so far goes to Toni Basil with Lil C runner up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two of the dancers were hospitalised on Saturday (!), so rehearsals for the rest of that day and Sunday were cancelled - a 'source' says it was Twitch and Josh though Fox haven't confirmed the identities of the two dancers. At least dehydration, and Mary Murphy says the hospital are doing blood work to find out if there's anything else. They were meant to be back at rehearsals today, and obv. the show is recorded tonight :eek:

Oh and spoiler - the finale will have a musical performance by
    the Jonas Brothers

Also, Nigel has quit American Idol to spend more time with SYTYCD. Says he doesn't feel 'passionate' about AI any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wade
    is back this week! Yay. He choreographs the
    Josh and Katee contemporary routine.

Also,
    Mary and Nigel both do dances (Nigel tap with the Debbie Allen dancers, Mary sambas), and dancers from the past seasons return to do a dance :) Mia does the group dance in a Scottish theme, the girls' dance is a Tyce broadway and the boys' dance is a Russian Trepak (spelling?).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brilliant finale this time
    quacka- did mary and nigel also dance in the last performance show, i just saw them dance in the results finale. it was great! i think maybe they felt they had to show their expertise this time. i enjoyed Mias last coreography with the kilts and music...these are two different shows for me. i wouldn't have pegged the winner a while ago at all, and not my favourite, but nice.

great show for a two hour finale that i always think can be done in one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    piper333 wrote: »
    brilliant finale this time
    quacka- did mary and nigel also dance in the last performance show, i just saw them dance in the results finale. it was great! i think maybe they felt they had to show their expertise this time. i enjoyed Mias last coreography with the kilts and music...these are two different shows for me. i wouldn't have pegged the winner a while ago at all, and not my favourite, but nice.

great show for a two hour finale that i always think can be done in one.

No, they were recorded on Monday, when the performance show was, but they only dance during the finale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, they were recorded on Monday, when the performance show was, but they only dance during the finale.

oh, i know they are recorded on monday...
    oh so the nigel and mary ones were too? i get it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    piper333 wrote: »
    oh, i know they are recorded on monday...
    oh so the nigel and mary ones were too? i get it

Yup, that's right :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neil, from s3, is in the film "The American Mall", sort of MTV's version of High School Musical. I've just watched it, he's good :)