Options

Looking for the Brice family...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Okay, I'm actually writing this on behalf of my mother and my Grandma. Bear with me...!

My Grandma has a half sister who was given away at birth. She's alive and my mother is on the database to be contacted if this sister looks for her own family. With ads put in the local paper etc, she's not had much luck finding her long lost relative.

My mother and Grandma are now actively looking for those with the surname Brice (Facebook etc) so I thought I'd post on here in case anybody knew anything.

My Grandma's sister was Marion Brice, however this could have been changed after the adoption, and was born in 1935. We live in the North East of England, but again after the adoption she could have been relocated with her new family to anywhere! If anybody knows anything, please do let me know! Any information at all will be useful.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if you have to subscribe these days, but you could always try posting on Genes Reunited - I'm sure they're more experienced (in general) at finding long lost relatives.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikay wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you have to subscribe these days, but you could always try posting on Genes Reunited - I'm sure they're more experienced (in general) at finding long lost relatives.

As far as I am aware, I think they've tried that. Nonetheless I'll inform them of it just in case. Thanks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PM'd you.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, I'm actually writing this on behalf of my mother and my Grandma. Bear with me...!

My Grandma has a half sister who was given away at birth. She's alive and my mother is on the database to be contacted if this sister looks for her own family. With ads put in the local paper etc, she's not had much luck finding her long lost relative.

My mother and Grandma are now actively looking for those with the surname Brice (Facebook etc) so I thought I'd post on here in case anybody knew anything.

My Grandma's sister was Marion Brice, however this could have been changed after the adoption, and was born in 1935. We live in the North East of England, but again after the adoption she could have been relocated with her new family to anywhere! If anybody knows anything, please do let me know! Any information at all will be useful.

Thanks!

Right here.