Best Avengers line-up?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
Forum Member
Mine would have to be the 1987 squad of:- Captain America, Captain Marvel, The Wasp, Hercules, The Black Knight, Namor.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you miss out the class Dr. Druid, the beer bellied balding middle aged douche is a very under utilized social group in superherodom
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lineup from Volume 3 issues 1 - 4 :D

Bit of a cheat since it features almost every Avenger up to that point with cameos from characters that storywise were either unavailable or were never prominent members to begin with. It's also a very fun story, exactly the kind we needed after the dire Heroes Reborn era.
  • dadioflexdadioflex Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My memories of the Avengers are from the Yellowjacket era storylines in b&w UK editions reprinted from US stories that would have been several years old. Man, that Yellowjacket storyline messed with my head.
  • rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma Peel and John Steed for me :)

I'll get my coat...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    dadioflex wrote: »
    My memories of the Avengers are from the Yellowjacket era storylines in b&w UK editions reprinted from US stories that would have been several years old. Man, that Yellowjacket storyline messed with my head.

Yes this was my favourite and I read the originals.

Yellowjacket, Wasp, The Vision, Goliath(Hawkeye), Scarlet Witch and Black Panther.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    whip wrote: »
    How can you miss out the class Dr. Druid, the beer bellied balding middle aged douche is a very under utilized social group in superherodom

Quite easily:D
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    I think we all like our first point of contact team best. My favourite was the line up from 181 on when they made the team slim down to seven members with the falcon replacing hawkeye.

Either that or the early 80's one with Captain marvel II, Wasp, Starfox, Cap, Shulk and Thor.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first point of contact with anything Avenger-ish was West Coast Avengers. First issue I read was the Great Lakes Avengers intro (lol) but I started collecting it from when the original Human Torch was re-activated. Then it all started going weird...

Think the line up was Iron Man, Wonder Man, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Tigra, Scarlet Witch, Vision, USAgent and Iron Man...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MizManiac wrote: »
    Quite easily:D
    I forgot to say the guy was obviously wearing a cape to hide the arse flap in his long johns.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Dr. Druid is the first choice Either that or the early one with Captain marvel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    I think we all like our first point of contact team best. My favourite was the line up from 181 on when they made the team slim down to seven members with the falcon replacing hawkeye.

Either that or the early 80's one with Captain marvel II, Wasp, Starfox, Cap, Shulk and Thor.

The first USA comic I ever read was Avengers #5. The second issue to feature Captain America. So the film line-up was my first point of contact. My favourite team remains what I said above. I think it is because Roy Thomas' scripts were really strong for the time.

However, plot-wise, Engelhart's run from issue 120 onwards has never been bettered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah memories!