Mortal Kombat X

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Looks good. The last one was supposed to be excellent. I was hoping to see more Injustice personally though.
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a sequel from the last game?
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Is it a sequel from the last game?

Although no details have been released, id say so.
    I reckon this will just redo MK4, MK Deadly Alliance and possibly MK Deception, in the same way MK 9 re did everything from MK 1-3. If this is the case i wouldnt expect all the characters introduced from those games just the important ones on top of all the ones from MK 9 and all DLC (Except fro Freddy).
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Although no details have been released, id say so.
    I reckon this will just redo MK4, MK Deadly Alliance and possibly MK Deception, in the same way MK 9 re did everything from MK 1-3. If this is the case i wouldnt expect all the characters introduced from those games just the important ones on top of all the ones from MK 9 and all DLC (Except fro Freddy).

I'll probably wait for the Game of the Year edition, since I'm a sucker for new characters like Freddy. Hopefully we have a big roster, IIRC in the last game a load of characters got killed off in storymode, hopefully they'll all be back
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and 4.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looked awesome and I can't wait!
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    The story would likely continue from the 2011 game, though I fully expect the characters that died in the 2011 story to be included in this game, most likely as DLC.

We probably wont see Kratos or Freddy again though, however I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see cameos from two (or more) others. Maybe Batman & Superman?
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As impressive as the trailer was, it looked like pure pre-rendered CGI to me - I doubt the final game will look quite that good.

I had MK9 from PS+ but deleted it. I'm neither squeamish nor a prude, but some of the kills, especially against women, were just wrong.

As a result I have very little interest in this right now. They have a lot to prove.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Lol, FF is squeamish and a prude :)
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Lol, FF is squeamish and a prude :)

LOL. :p

Cut off their heads, rip out their spines, gouge their eyes - it's all good, I just think women essentially getting raped by a circular saw is a step too far.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    Cool.

I was a big fan of the original MK titles upto Trilogy (Which was my favorite), Wasn't so keen on the MK games from 4 through Armageddon though.

However I really enjoyed the last one so am looking forward to the new one.
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    The story would likely continue from the 2011 game, though I fully expect the characters that died in the 2011 story to be included in this game, most likely as DLC.

We probably wont see Kratos or Freddy again though, however I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see cameos from two (or more) others. Maybe Batman & Superman?

I hope we dont have any guest characters.
    I think we will though.
  • Free RadicalFree Radical Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for a new MK. I hope they get rid of Babalities in favour of Animalities :)
    Forum Member

Cut off their heads, rip out their spines, gouge their eyes - it's all good, I just think women essentially getting raped by a circular saw is a step too far.

I never played it. I was just trolling. :) But that game was known for been crazy brutal.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't even describe my excitement for this game. I do agree that it will more than likely continue where MK 2011 ended. I reckon the roster will include some of the 2011 characters as well as from MK 4 - Deception (You could say Daegon & Taven from Armageddon as well but I doubt it this time around) If i'm honest, I could happily oversee anyone from Deadly Alliance, apart from Li Mei. She seems the only newbie with a proper story, whereas Nitara, Tsu Hao, Drahmin are a bit meh storywise. Also I don't know how people would feel about Frost returning because they were't keen on a female sub-zero

There's one thing I really really want for this game but I can't see it happening - A konquest mode like Deception. The 2011 konquest mode was far too straight forward for me. I remember i'd spend so much time on Deception Konquest. I enjoyed that you had to locate chests to unlock characters, costumes, videos/pics, money etc. Also the interaction with characters were great. It's better than having a straight forward story where you only have to fight.
    Forum Member
    E3 gameplay + Ed Boon interview
    http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-e3-info-news-and-images-koming-soon.43626/

So 4 new characters so far; Cassie Cage (daughter of Johnny and Sonya), Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah and Ferra/Torr.

Alt costumes
    http://testyourmight.com/threads/new-mkx-screenshots-alt-costumes.43769/
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now there's a topic we can discuss. Do 'some' video games go too far ?.
    Forum Member
    Now there's a topic we can discuss. Do 'some' video games go too far ?.

Noooo don't go there. It'll be the Game of Thrones discussion all over again :(