MotoGP

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,505
    Forum Member
    I think you mean Assen rather than Aspen which is only famed for its skiiing as a sporting venue. They reduced the level of banking on some of the cambered corners but there is no corkscrew at Assen.

Don't know the full story on them dropping Laguna Seca but it is limited (*) to the number of race weekends it can run in a year (six I think) and only one of those is used for two wheels when they run the AMA Superbikes event which is why you never saw Moto2 and Moto3 there as the support races.

(*) Due to pressure from moneyed newby residents building their fancy mansions near by.
  • mcg3mcg3 Posts: 11,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The kid wonder does it again. 9 from 9.

Just amazing.
    Forum Member
    What are the bookie's odds now on him doing an unprecedented Perfect Season?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    What are the bookie's odds now on him doing an unprecedented Perfect Season?

This was something i was trying not to think about, because it will surely put the kiss of death on his perfect run so far. :D

But your right, what odds indeed.

He just seems to have a riding style that is unique and allows him to get so much more from his machine.
    Forum Member
    After getting Mugello, Assen and Sachsenring out the way are there any other tracks left as possible candidates for an upset?
  • lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought my son and his partner tickets for the British MotoGP at Silverstone.
    His tickets are for just the Sunday 31st August 2014.
    He has been a great supporter of Motorbike racing since he was very little.
    His favourite rider is Valentino Rossi, he always has been.

I remember going to Donington Park with some friends who worked for an oil company and the oil company provided the oil for the Ducati team. so he was given 4 free tickets for the 'Village'.
    Everything was free and we got to met Carlos Checa and Luis Caparossi who is tiny and lovely.
    It was pouring with rain all the time we were there but that didn't matter, the smell, noise of the engines reving and then to hear them start and then coming round the first bend is something I will always remember, it was brilliant.
    There were great big screens all round us so we could see what was happening on the course without getting wet and when they were near to us everyone rushing out to watch them come past and then back in again..

I hope Alistair and Natalie enjoy their day as much as I did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10 from 10 now for Marquez.

Truly incredible stuff.

Great to see Rossi on the podium too.
    Forum Member
    Seems a good time to bump this thread ahead of the new season with the news that BT Sport are showing three Neil Hodgson interviews next week with Bradley, Scott and Cal:

BT Sport 2 at 16:30 from Wednesday to Friday.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant race at Qatar last night.
    Rossi back in the mix along with improved Ducati's.

Will be interesting to see what response Honda and Marquez have after the Yamahas and Ducati's finished well ahead.

Would have preferred Suzuki to be a bit further up the standings but I suppose it'll take them a season to get back into it after their absence.
    Forum Member
    Brilliant races at Qatar last night
    Corrected that for you. Even the Moto2 race got a bit exciting when Zarco had his moment and Rins' late charge.

The only time Rossi missed his braking point was when stopping in parc ferme. :D
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    A really exciting opening race. Happy for Rossi, the Yamaha's had it bad last season. Plus nice to see the Duc's competitive.
    One small issue, I don't subscribe to BT Sport so watch MotoGp by other means, I'm not sure who the commentators where but one of them was 'creaming' all over Marquez, not got an issue with Marquez but this particular commentator was highly sickening in his bias.
    Forum Member
    Keith Huewen and Julian Ryder are the commentators on BT Sport and (presumably) on the English speaking world feed? Huewen seems to be like Marmite to some who miss Toby Moody from the Eurosport coverage days. I didn't notice any particular Marquez fawning on Sunday, I am more fed up with them bigging up average performances by the Brits although to be fair this time Crutchlow and Smith can be happy with being the first non-factory riders home and not so far off the winner as has been seen in recent years.
  • rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keith's OK but Julian Ryder is just awful
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant race at Qatar last night.
    Rossi back in the mix along with improved Ducati's.

Will be interesting to see what response Honda and Marquez have after the Yamahas and Ducati's finished well ahead.

Would have preferred Suzuki to be a bit further up the standings but I suppose it'll take them a season to get back into it after their absence.

I think Suzook would be well pleased with that, both bikes brought home in the points and Espargaro 19 seconds behind Rossi after 40 minutes of racing.
    Forum Member
    And they have the best looking livery. Love that rich blue. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was a great opener but i still think the Honda's will be the machines to beat.

The Ducati's straight line speed is quite something, however it takes more than that to win races and championships.

Will be interesting to see how the Yamaha's and Ducati's perform on other tracks.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118339

Honda rider Dani Pedrosa will miss at least the next two MotoGP races in America and Argentina after electing to undergo further surgery on his troubled right forearm.

The Spaniard revealed the return of pump issues that were causing significant pain after finishing sixth in the season opener in Qatar last Sunday, but said that doctors had advised against another operation following surgery last May.

Maybe crutchlow will luck out and get a works ride for the rest of the season if pedrosa doesn't have successful surgery or Ayoama is off the pace by a big margin.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118339

Maybe crutchlow will luck out and get a works ride for the rest of the season if pedrosa doesn't have successful surgery or Ayoama is off the pace by a big margin.

It's rumoured that there are contractual difficulties with that.

I hope Pedrosa's op works, he's a damn good rider and I think he deserves to win the championship at least once.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normal service is resumed.

The kid wonder is back after a slight glitch in the first race.

Dovi doing a great job on the Ducati and great to see Rossi still right in the mix.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rossi fighting back from 8th to take the win with Marquez falling. Great to see Crutchlow steal 3rd on the last corner.

Was also good to see Brits on the podium in all 3 races!
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yesterday showed that age and experience can trump youthful enthusiasm, what a race by the doctor. Shame that Marquez didn't finish.

Terrific race, great to see Dovi really getting the best out of the Ducati and 3 British riders in the first 10.

It really was a great day for the Brits yesterday - Lowes showing more mature tactics, Kent winning by miles and Crutchlow getting his act together (but seeming very low key about getting a podium).
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzz-ooh-Kayy
    Has to be said in the manner of Larry Fishburn in that scene from Apocalpse Now
    Sixth on the grid and same qualifying time as Rossi.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    Suzz-ooh-Kayy
    Has to be said in the manner of Larry Fishburn in that scene from Apocalpse Now
    Sixth on the grid and same qualifying time as Rossi.

Great to see Suzuki's back in the mix.

My first two bikes were Suzuki's and i have great memories so i would love for them to have a good season.
  • able1able1 Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame about Suzuki 20hp deficit, but fantastic to see them up to speed elsewhere apart from the straights of course.

Lorenzo says from pole he wants to escape, like Stoner..

With so many genuine contenders now anyone who can call this is a genius. One mistake and the pack swallow you up, shaping up to be the best season ever.

Today I'll take Dovi in the top four.
  • thisthis Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Cracking Moto 3 :D Lowes for podium Crutchlow top step:o