Official Snooker Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,333,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    clarky323 wrote: »
    Mark Williams was standing at the top of the stairs expecting to be called out first, they then called Selby's name whilst playing Williams music, Williams then walked back, Selby came past him and they changed the music to Selby's! Selby was laughing and Williams was shaking his head.
    :D:D:D
  • EPYEPY Posts: 6,396
    Forum Member
    Mark Selby was given an envelope with a cheque for €12k, he went to open it and there was nothing in it. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made me chuckle too that :D

Thought the interviewer was a bit harsh on MJW too, looked pretty fluent to me!!!
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EPY wrote: »
    Mark Selby was given an envelope with a cheque for €12k, he went to open it and there was nothing in it. :D

didn't notice that!

anyway, pleased for Mark (Williams) to be a winner again, players like that are great to watch when in good form and its very good for the game!

bit of a break now though till the next TV tournament :(
  • Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the highlights very pleased Mark won he played best I have seen from him for some time - he ain't finished yet boys!

I had to laugh at Selby opening the runner-up envelope to find it was empty - why do the presentation ceremonies always seem to turn into bumbling displays of ineptitude where no one seems to know what they are doing? Crazy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1985 final frame decider in its entirety on right now on ESPN Classic with commentary from Dennis Taylor! looking forward to watching this again!!
  • TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie O'Sullivan plays 15 year old IBSF World Under 21 Champion Lyu Haotian, in the first round of the Bluebell Wood Open (ET3), 16th August.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tungsten wrote: »
    Ronnie O'Sullivan plays 15 year old IBSF World Under 21 Champion Lyu Haotian, in the first round of the Bluebell Wood Open (ET3), 16th August.

Got to see that. Is it on Eurosport (not the player)?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tungsten wrote: »

stand out match from the first round (I say first, the last 128 is round 6 due to 5 pre-qualifying rounds!) has to be Judd Trump vs Ding Junhui!! I always thought the draw was seeded as I've never seen two top 16 players meet in round one before.
    Got to see that. Is it on Eurosport (not the player)?

don't think so, next one on live as far as I know is the Paul Hunter Classic (ET4) a week after ET3.
  • dazcdazc Posts: 4,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just seen draw etc 3 bottom holf looks a shocker
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shanghai Masters Qualifiers this week -

Jimmy White beat Jamie O'Neil 5-3 this afternoon and next plays Liu Chang tomorrow evening. Steve Davis got through 5-4 over Gary WIlson and next plays Jamie Jones, also tomorrow night. Tony Drago is currently playing Yu Delu and is 2-1 down and Alan McManus is 1-1 with Pankaj Advani. Oh and Dechawat Poomjaeng (you surely havent forgotten him already!?!) is playing Sam Baird. Sam leads 1-0 and looks good for 2-0.

On a related note, there is currently an offer of a 3 day free trial for the live streaming service, details HERE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    update to those games i mentioned last night - Drago lost 5-1, McManus lost 5-4, and Baird won 5-1.

Latest from tonights matches - Steve Davis has taken the first frame against Jamie Jones, but that looks like going 1-1, and Jimmy White has just taken the first frame against Liu Chuang
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve Davis won 5-1 (next plays Andrew Higginson tonight) and Jimmy White won 5-3 (next plays Ryan Day tonight)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy took the first frame tonight... but lost 5-1 !
    Steve Davis is currently 2-3 to Andrew Higginson
    Mark Williams is 3-2 up on Davd Gilbert
    and Ken Doherty is 1-4 down to Yu Delu

Edit - Ken has lost 1-5
  • TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davis, White and Williams all lost.
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    The last two days have seen the qualifiers for the new Indian ranking event taking place.

A few notable players lost their match and therefore wont be getting the dreaded Delhi Belly, including Steve Davis, Shaun Murphy and Judd Trump

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Indian_Open
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last two days have seen the qualifiers for the new Indian ranking event taking place.

A few notable players lost their match and therefore wont be getting the dreaded Delhi Belly, including Steve Davis, Shaun Murphy and Judd Trump

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Indian_Open

Trump won't be getting Delhi belly ? The tabloids will be gutted
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Very good :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See Hendry's in this years World Seniors....must have reduced the 45 years old minimum age limit to allow him to participate.

A highlight of the draw is Steve Davis v Dennis Taylor incidentally.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Draw

Tony Knowles V Darren Morgan
    Dene O'Kane V Nigel Bond
    Tony Drago V Qualifier
    Steve Davis V Dennis Taylor
    Joe Johnson V Stephen Hendry
    Alain Robidoux V Tony Chappel
    Qualifier V Cliff Thorburn
    Doug Mountjoy V Jimmy White
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephen should stroll past that lot at a canter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Does anybody follow snooker players on Twitter?

There was an interesting argument going off last night, between Matt Selt and Michael Holt, which then included Robert Milkins and Mark Williams. Selt made a very offensive comment towards Holt's father, who has recently had a stroke, mocking his lack of speech. That led to Milkins saying he would "F**k him up" if he said it to him lol.

It resulted in Selt deleting his Twitter page after loads of condemnation of his comments.
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wondered why Selt's twitter account had gone, no need for that though, he shouldn't be mocking people who have had strokes. I don't know him personally of course but from what I've seen on his Twitter account, he doesn't seem like a very nice person at times.
    Forum Member
    clarky323 wrote: »
    I wondered why Selt's twitter account had gone, no need for that though, he shouldn't be mocking people who have had strokes. I don't know him personally of course but from what I've seen on his Twitter account, he doesn't seem like a very nice person at times.

He deleted it last night, about an hour after he made the comment and after quite a few people condemned him for the comment.

I get the same feeling as you, I've seen quite a few negative comments about him from players and bloggers in the past.
This discussion has been closed.