Options

Final Fantasy 12

Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
Forum Member
How did every one get on with this?

I just cant get into it. I could play 7, 8, 9 and on the occasion 10 over and over. But 12 I just have no desire.

Is it me? Does it get better?

Comments

• Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mind 12. It had a good story and good characters but the battle system was poor. I didn't like the idea of just taking the party to the battle and they did the battle while I watched.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Never played I just don't like JRPG's not sure if it's the stop start type combat system instead of real time or the fact they make the main characters look western by having spikey hair etc, and they just end up looking like an 80's pop group. I'd love the get into FF the latest looks good.
  • Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phenomenal game. Hours and hours of joy.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hated it.

Hated the battle system, and the characters (Vaan especially) just weren't likable enough to really draw me into the story. I personally rated XIII higher, and that's no masterpiece.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed 12.

Vaan was annoying tho. His most annoying time was when you had to do that quest on the sky city convincing everyone you were the other guy and that he was still alive.

I liked the battle system, the story, the environments and all else.

Never understood why so many people disliked it!
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the battle system but not the story at all. But as usual it had enough content for me to play for at least 100 hours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried with this game but as others above have pointed out; the characters were irritating. Think they were on track with the characterization in 13, but even that has people riled up. I think the step they are missing with final fantasy games as of late (in relation to storyline, not going to get into gameplay) is that there is no initial distinct relationship between protagonist and antagonist.

FF7 - Cloud/Shinra/Sephiroth; builds with the death of Aereth.
    FF8 - Opens with rivalry and adds a love triangle/square.
    FF9 - Parodies elements of Shakespeare, adds redemption to each character.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Only played it fairly recently myself. Loathed it.

Possibly because I'd played VIII-X not too long before it, but it came off a distinct second best against the earlier iterations.

For me, VII and VIII will always represent the series at its absolute pinnacle. XII is where it all started going wrong for the franchise.

I enjoyed XIII but not particularly as a FF game, it was fairly poor as a FF game. TBH, the only RPGs that I've played in the last couple of years that have managed to come anywhere near the brilliance of the earlier FF games have been Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story on the Wii - no real surprise with TLS I guess, coming from Sakaguchi.....