Options

Should I sell my PS4 and get an Xbox One?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    ClanroydenClanroyden Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    seanf wrote: »
    so how does gta v run on your pc, oh thats right it's not been released yet. I can say its so good I'll get it again for the ps4 ok its taken a year to get next get oh and the pc but I can assure you it's worth the wait. I liked my PC for FPS but 3rd person I hated with mouse and keyboard so I chose to ditch the pc for consoles.

This is the same for me too. I cannot get on with fps on a console, so I tend to play all my fps shooters on PC. For all other stuff, I find the console a better option. My gf and I played through Infamous together on the PS4 in the comfort of our lounge on our nice Sony 1080p tv with 7.1 surround sound. Awesome, and you just can't easily do that on PC.

The first time for ages I have tried an fps on console was this recent Beta of Hardline, I applied for the PC beta and my gf applied for the PS4. I could not get along with a controller at all and found it a totally different, and much better experience on PC. So as far as I'm concerned it's "horses for courses" between console and PC.
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so how does gta v run on your pc, oh thats right it's not been released yet. I can say its so good I'll get it again for the ps4 ok its taken a year to get next get oh and the pc but I can assure you it's worth the wait. I liked my PC for FPS but 3rd person I hated with mouse and keyboard so I chose to ditch the pc for consoles.

Strange comment. You can play 3rd person games using a 360 pad on a pc??

Well more recent games anyway. I use a pad for Tomb raider, Just cause 2 and GTAIV on the pc and mouse and keyboard for fps. Except far cry 3.

At the moment I'm playing multi platform games on the PS4 simply because with our new arrival I don't have time to tinker with the PC versions of these games and their various bugs.

Don't understand all this anti PC mentality personally :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jokerz wrote: »

Well more recent games anyway. I use a pad for Tomb raider, Just cause 2 and GTAIV on the pc and mouse and keyboard for fps. Except far cry 3.

At the moment I'm playing multi platform games on the PS4 simply because with our new arrival I don't have time to tinker with the PC versions of these games and their various bugs.

I'm not anti pc but PC gaming is a solo activity. Thats fine sometimes but sometimes my gf and I play together one of us playing and the other watching. We played all the Uncharted games like that and just recently Infamous. You can't do that on PC, well you can but not in comfort.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I use my pc for games such as football manager, sim city4 etc. It isn't powerful enough for anything more sadly also only having a 220w psu doesn't help in a tiny case lol.
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

im not anti pc, im just sick of the pc elitist, there is no such thing as the best system, its what ever is best for the individual. I ditched the pc when I got my 360, got sick of constant updates, hardware upgrades so on and so on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im not anti pc, im just sick of the pc elitist, there is no such thing as the best system, its what ever is best for the individual. I ditched the pc when I got my 360, got sick of constant updates, hardware upgrades so on and so on.

That's the other advantage of a console. You pay x amount of money for a console and you know that you can play all the games released on that console for the life of the console, which could be up to 10 years (probably not quite so long these days). It's a trade off which you can't do with a PC. How many PC games can you play on a PC that was available in 2007 without spending a lot more on it, probably virtually rebuilding it several times?

We first got a 360 when we wanted to play Bioshock and we couldn't play it on our PCs despite having a graphics card in there that had cost more than £100 at the time. It would have cost nearly as much as the 360 to upgrade the pc and it would have still needed upgrading again during the life of the 360 and subsequently the PS3 we bought.
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ditched the pc when I got my 360, got sick of constant updates

Man, you must have hated the 360 then.
    The PC is finished im sure I read some manufacturers have pulled out altogether from the PC market was it HP?

It's finished even though sales of PC components have been increasing year on year? Hmmm...
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »

lol the 360 updates when it's off!!!

But then that's Microsoft for you; their PC operating systems are exactly the same way and as a result it kind of makes the updates seem pointless since you're never allowed to experience the benefits of them for more than a week.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Moggio wrote:

Man, you must of hated the 360 then.
    Naa_KwaKai wrote:

But then that's Microsoft for you; their PC operating systems are exactly the same way and as a result it kind of makes the updates seem pointless since you're never allowed to experience the benefits of them for more than a week.

Hmm? The 360 OS updates around once per year and it never happens when the console is switched off, that is a feature of the Xbox One. Likewise on 360, game updates install when you boot a game for the first time and only take a few seconds. Digital games come pre-injected with the latest title updates so you don't have to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm? The 360 OS updates around once per year and it never happens when the console is switched off, that is a feature of the Xbox One. Likewise on 360, game updates install when you boot a game for the first time and only take a few seconds. Digital games come pre-injected with the latest title updates so you don't have to.

My original quote was was tongue in cheek. It's an exaggerated way of me saying that the 360 updates too regularly (although the fact that One apparently updates when it's off is hilarious :D )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »

lol at times yes especially as I only have 2.5 meg (until end of the month and finally my little town gets fibre)

plug it in to have a game of battlefield with my clan to find the Xbox needs an updatr 1 hr later I can play yay lucky the updates were not that often.

Naa_KwaKai wrote: »

what??? you must have had a one of kind xbox 360 that no other person knew about. abit like your ps2 that had graphics like watch dogs please tell where do you get your advanced consoles from?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what??? you must have had a one of kind xbox 360 that no other person knew about. abit like your ps2 that had graphics like watch dogs please tell where do you get your advanced consoles from?

You should probably use whatever reading comprehension skills you have to read post 211 of this thread.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This whole 'updates when it's off' is daft. Some will do updates downloads on standby and this is what people mean by 'off'. When I say to my other half I have switched off the tv/ps4 I really mean I have placed it on standby.
    What is the point in having a semantic argument about it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    This whole 'updates when it's off' is daft. Some will do updates downloads on standby and this is what people mean by 'off'. When I say to my other half I have switched off the tv/ps4 I really mean I have placed it on standby.
    What is the point in having a semantic argument about it?

I never leave my ps4 on standby, the amount of times I've forgotten it was on standby and unplugged it :(
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clanroyden wrote: »
    That's the other advantage of a console. You pay x amount of money for a console and you know that you can play all the games released on that console for the life of the console, which could be up to 10 years (probably not quite so long these days). It's a trade off which you can't do with a PC. How many PC games can you play on a PC that was available in 2007 without spending a lot more on it, probably virtually rebuilding it several times?

We first got a 360 when we wanted to play Bioshock and we couldn't play it on our PCs despite having a graphics card in there that had cost more than £100 at the time. It would have cost nearly as much as the 360 to upgrade the pc and it would have still needed upgrading again during the life of the 360 and subsequently the PS3 we bought.

You could have played if you wanted it to look like a 2007 game. See gfx settings.

Check the PC forum for people playing games on old hardware.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should probably use whatever reading comprehension skills you have to read post 211 of this thread.

well on the mobile skin it doesn't show post numbers. I was just commenting on what you posted and how it's inline with the type of posts you've made about your ps2 having graphics the same as watch dogs
    My original quote was was tongue in cheek. It's an exaggerated way of me saying that the 360 updates too regularly (although the fact that One apparently updates when it's off is hilarious :D )

Is this the post? how is it updates when swutched off/ standby whatever tongue in cheek? you were posting what seems like a fact you should point out when taking the p!ss
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never leave my ps4 on standby, the amount of times I've forgotten it was on standby and unplugged it :(

I never really unplug anything. Fire risk I know but being overly literal about consoles being switched off and updating is a bit stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well on the mobile skin it doesn't show post numbers. I was just commenting on what you posted and how it's inline with the type of posts you've made about your ps2 having graphics the same as watch dogs

Do you not understand what hyperbole is?
    Is this the post? how is it updates when swutched off/ standby whatever tongue in cheek? you were posting what seems like a fact you should point out when taking the p!ss

re: BIB Oh, in future I will because it appears you need everything spelt out for you. You may have interpreted my statement as me stating a fact but it was a joke. Of course 360 doesn't update when it's off; that comment was tongue-in-cheek to stress how regularly it updates in general.