Options

Ebay feedback help!

Rob_Clarke1Rob_Clarke1 Posts: 41
Forum Member
Hi,

I am quite new on ebay and I have received 13 positive feedback for selling, however having looked at my feedback, I have noticed a buyer has left me a Neutral feedback today because he/she stated that the listing is misleading because he/she bought a dvd and it arrived today and in the listing it stated new, but I meant to put like new so it was a mistake in the listing.

Just wondering is Neutral bad? will this have ay impact on my money? what I mean is that will ebay or paypal hold my payments? right now, they are not holding my payments as I get my money straight away.

Any advice would be great, thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    GPWGPW Posts: 3,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just respond to the feedback saying "it was honest mistake"
  • Options
    DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From a buyer point of view I wouldnt consider it bad, when looking at feedback I take more notice of feedback that says things like 'didnt arrive no response from seller' or lots of negative or neutral feedback.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    DinkyDoo wrote: »
    From a buyer point of view I wouldnt consider it bad, when looking at feedback I take more notice of feedback that says things like 'didnt arrive no response from seller' or lots of negative or neutral feedback.
    I am a buyer, not a seller and some items have not been as described but if you give anything but positive feedback the tables are turned on the buyer who then receives negative feedback for upsetting the seller. It isn't worth it. Just avoid making favourable comments in the comments box if you are not happy. If I have been pleased with the item I always say so and thank the seller.
    I have to say that I wouldn't be a seller for anything because they seem to have a hard time when it comes to having to package things up like Fort Knox and send things out immediately.
    The dispute system is complicated and I have tried to use it without success after I was ripped off. From now on I only buy UK based items and avoid large shops.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    I am a buyer, not a seller and some items have not been as described but if you give anything but positive feedback the tables are turned on the buyer who then receives negative feedback for upsetting the seller. It isn't worth it. Just avoid making favourable comments in the comments box if you are not happy. If I have been pleased with the item I always say so and thank the seller.
    I have to say that I wouldn't be a seller for anything because they seem to have a hard time when it comes to having to package things up like Fort Knox and send things out immediately.
    The dispute system is complicated and I have tried to use it without success after I was ripped off. From now on I only buy UK based items and avoid large shops.

Sellers haven't been able to leave negative feedback for a few years now.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bide your time and wait for them to sell something, buy it then leave them negative feedback. I had to waut 5 years but it was worth it.
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    Just bide your time and wait for them to sell something, buy it then leave them negative feedback. I had to waut 5 years but it was worth it.

A man after my own heart
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well it seems people don't mind about that neutral bid as I am getting bids on my items :)

I just hope PayPal doesn't hold any future payments because of this 1 neutral feedback, I will soon know because some of my items what people bidded on ends in 2 days :(
  • Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The important point is how you respond to bad feedback: apologise and stick to the facts.

Sorry, I made a genuine mistake in the listing.
    or
    Sorry, but the listing did state that the item was used.
    etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The important point is how you respond to bad feedback: apologise and stick to the facts.

Sorry, I made a genuine mistake in the listing.
    or
    Sorry, but the listing did state that the item was used.
    etc.

I have put the following with the reply.

Sorry, my mistake as the listing should have stated, like new. very sorry about this!

Anyone else having payments currently on hold with PayPal or are they not doing that now?