Headphones: Apple or Sennheiser?

2»

Comments

• Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just ordered the CX300 from Amazon as the Phillips ones I bought have busted already - took them back and got a refund.

The CX300 are £17.80 with £4.50 delivery as they are from an external seller. But having checked everywhere else I could think of, even with the delivery cost it's still much cheaper.

I'll let you know how I get on. ;)
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just received the CX300's from Amazon. Fabulous. Sound is great, really comfortable and a good seal in the ear - just been doing the vacuuming while listening to the iPod and couldn't hear the vacuum at all, I had to keep checking it was on. Had to keep doing a rejig of the wires because one kept falling out as I kept catching the wire - they are now through my t-shirt, short one straight in and the longer one round the back of the neck. Thank god someone mentioned here about the way you are meant to wear them because when I first opened them I was like wtf's going on there? Then I remembered the post about the longer wire round the back of the neck and I was sorted.

The bass is great and I'm definitely hearing sounds on tracks you can't hear on the iPod earphones. I've just discovered some strings on a U2 track and some sounds on a Talk Talk track I never knew were there.

There's no external sound either - my mom just happened to pop in while I was trying them out and although I'd got the volume up full she couldn't hear a thing. Great to be back to some volume at last - because there was no seal on the iPod headphones it was just all tinny and quiet and apparently anyone else could hear whatever I was playing. In addition to that, in the last few days the left earphone of the iPod set had gone very, very quiet - thought I'd gone deaf until I swapped them over and realised it was the earphones and not me. I was very tempted to get the patch to enable me to increase the volume but all I needed was a decent set of headphones.

On a parr, if not a little better than the Philips set I bought recently as far as sound is concerned but these are much more comfortable and hopefully they'll last longer than the Philips set did - they broke within about 4 weeks.

Thanks for everyone's advice. Sorted. :D
  • Random PrecisionRandom Precision Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    I'm looking to get some new reasonably priced headphones to replace the naff ones that came with my Nano. I don't know whether to go for an Apple pair or opt for a cheap Sennheiser model. I'm looking for a pair with good bass. Are the Apple ones that you buy actually better than the ones provided with iPods? Is there any point in going for Sennheiser if I'm just going to get one of their cheaper models? :confused: Thanks :cool:
    Go for Shure IEM :)