Options

john sargeant to go in the jungle

whitewitchwhitewitch Posts: 1,922
Forum Member
✭✭✭
my husband was just on a flight from geneva and some tv people were on it. they were talking about john going into the jungle. :eek:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Ha ha doubtful but always possible...
  • Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,772
    Forum Member
    That would be excellent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like that actually. I'm not a fan of Strictly but he has come across well in the interviews today and I've always liked him as a reporter.
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    wind up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    wind up!

i don't know if they were winding other people up, but my husband isn't winding me up. he isn't interested at all, but thought i would be. I just thought i would put it on just in case anyone else had heard anything or just in case it did happen.
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whitewitch wrote: »
    i don't know if they were winding other people up, but my husband isn't winding me up. he isn't interested at all, but thought i would be. I just thought i would put it on just in case anyone else had heard anything or just in case it did happen.

Would be interesting to have him on the show. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he's still dancing this saturday, so it wouldn't be before then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He could teach them all to dance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'd better be careful then and say something quickly or they'll stick a skewer through him, stuff an apple in his mouth and suspend him over the campfire if Mr Kilroy-Silk fails to win enough stars in the next task which he'll inevitably be doing!
    ...the poor dancing pig in Cuban heels!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) That would be funny, but it's never going to happen! After the hype this week he was almost certain to win SCD, if he went into the jungle the support would probably follow him and I don't think he'd want that somehow!
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 68,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor guy won't dare go on anything ever again after all the furore surrounding him on SCD :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes it is seeming more unlikely. i am wondering whether they knew maybe that itv were pitching it to him with a big pay cheque and whether he would take them up on it. it wouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    KefJefKefJef Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Whats his day job..? and I wish he'd go back to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's apparently going on a cruise! Maybe didin't expect to be in SCD so long.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, he's not free, so he'll have to wait till next time. He's contracted to speak on a P&P cruise and never expected to be kept in on SCD, so he's making this Saturday his last show. I think he's in breach of a contract somewhere along the line because viewers who have voted for him have paid to help him win, when he knew he could never complete the series.
  • Options
    The LensThe Lens Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    Yes, he's not free, so he'll have to wait till next time. He's contracted to speak on a P&P cruise and never expected to be kept in on SCD, so he's making this Saturday his last show. I think he's in breach of a contract somewhere along the line because viewers who have voted for him have paid to help him win, when he knew he could never complete the series.

Don't believe everything you read in the Daily Mirror!

Yes JS is going to work on a P & O cruise, but it was booked on the understanding that he might not be available if still in SCD. A replacement was on stand-by should he have continued dancing.

He did NOT quit Strictlly for the cruise...

(And yes he would be great in the jungle, although I think it will have to wait til next year now...)
  • Options
    novicenovice Posts: 3,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would think he'll have a problem fitting it in. After all he is now up for
    ... a Nobel Peace Prize
    ... the Turner Prize
    ... the Whitbread Book Prize
    ... an Olympic Gold Medal (despite the Olympics are over)
    ... Sports' Personality of the Year (what sport? doesn't matter!)

:D
    (John is great, on and off the dance floor!)