Is it wrong?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This years DOI i find so boring. I only watch cos Ray is amazing, and until yesterday Todd because he was so funny! The others are all ok, but nowt special. No one holds a candle to ray, so it feels like a one horse race.

Opinions?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    I completely agree! The whole set-up this year has become a little stale, andit really does appear to be a one horse race. I think the standard for series 2 & 3 was amazing from a variety of skaters and this year, all sorts of factors seem to be ruining the show. I do think if there is to be a season five, we shall need a new judge to replace miss henshall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit that its not as exciting this year as in previous years, I think that instead of the the backstage gossip and re-runs of the performances during the results show, they should let the Pro skaters do a routine, we don't seem to have seen as much of them this year!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot stand Ruthie either.

There is no competition element to the show, Ray IS the best. Whether you like him or not.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    number six wrote: »
    I must admit that its not as exciting this year as in previous years, I think that instead of the the backstage gossip and re-runs of the performances during the results show, they should let the Pro skaters do a routine, we don't seem to have seen as much of them this year!

I'm really enjoying the show this year, but I agree they should let the pro skaters do a bit more. I don't see why they can't do it like on SCD - they could have a slightly longer results show with a couple of pro dances in for good measure, it'd make the results show better too.

The pros, especially those voted out early, must feel a bit underused this year.

Also a spin-off show on ITV2 would be good. There used to be one in previous series', wasn't there?
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    I felt last year was a bit flat really...

I'm really enjoying this year though :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish there was someone to rival Ray's talent.
    Forum Member
    Just because Ray is technically good and gives good performances plus is likely to top the leaderboard most weeks; it means nothing to the public vote as they will vote for whoever they want too.

Both Zoe and Jessica are hot on his heals - yes they've got a bit of a way to go; but I think one of em could do it.

Donal is coming on leaps and bounds and I think could do really well - he is trying new and daring things so anything is possible.

Coleen could also be a threat because of the public vote; I can see her getting a heck of a lot of votes because of her personality more than her skating and again could challenge Ray

Even Roxanne or Melinda who both need one blow away performance where nothing goes wrong could seal them as possible contenders - both are about on par (Roxanne prob has more public support though - for some bizarre reason) and need that one good performance where everythings goes right etc. At the moment I can't see either being contenders.

Ellery has no hope of challenging Ray; he is the last of the cannon fodder this series - no rhythm or sense of timing and reallty bad dancing etc

Look at SCD... the judges were fawning over Lisa and Rachel and the public didn't really like them - 5 or 6 dance offs between the two of them and the technically worst dancer in the final won.
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying it more than I thought, but maybe I just love complaining about it, I'm not sure :D Either way the Ray thing is a problem, he is incredibly good and it would be far better if he had a relative equal. Put it this way, I hated how last year Chris and Suzanne were miles ahead of the others (series 2 was a bit more equal I'm sure, and series 1 definitely was), so you can imagine how I feel about this year.

That said, there's a lot of couples I really enjoy watching. More than last year, I'm sure, and it's always interesting seeing who improves/stays/gets high scores etc. More to the point, there hasn't been any truly bad injustices in terms of the skate-off, whereas previously it happened a lot.

So Ray factor aside and weirdness of the judges, I'm pretty happy so far.
  • AnthonyJohnAnthonyJohn Posts: 3,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could be the moment where the big switch off starts.
    Forum Member

I doubt it...

Had Todd been THAT popular then surely he wouldn't have been in the skate off in the first place
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand why Ruthie Henshall is there - she knows nothing about ice dance, she's not very well known and she doesn't add much in terms of energy or humour.

Who is she? Who IS she?
    Forum Member
    I can't understand why Ruthie Henshall is there - she knows nothing about ice dance, she's not very well known and she doesn't add much in terms of energy or humour.

Who is she? Who IS she?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruthie_Henshall

There you can find out who she is ;)
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On the contrary, I think now the series might come to life and start getting interesting. Until now it has been very dull.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I doubt it...

Had Todd been THAT popular then surely he wouldn't have been in the skate off in the first place
    Agreed. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're not seeing so much of the skaters' personality this year. We need those Hot Ice News from Andi Peters and Stephen Mulhern up to no good with them! :p If you know what they've been up to during the week it kind of makes the show more interesting and makes them more people-like. People-like? Meh, it'll do for now!:D