✭✭✭
brilliant!
Rebecca can do her stuff now:)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL! You understand Simon has rights to all finalist first.
  • Options
    cyberwarcyberwar Posts: 4,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, she won't be subjected to covers like Leona Lewis. Rebecca can now have a guaranteed successful career.
  • Options
    lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nate27 wrote: »

you know the details of the contracts then?;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree!

She has dodged a bullet with this outcome.
  • Options
    pgw71pgw71 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rebecca cannot do ANYTHING until her contract with Syco comes to an end

I think I'm right in saying it is for 12 months
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lightblues wrote: »

Yes. Have you actually watched this show before?!!

Rydian (2nd) was signed with Cowell as well as Same Difference (3rd). Think about it.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JLS didn't sig. With Simon did they?

Diana has done well and she waited a fair while.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pgw71 wrote: »
    Rebecca cannot do ANYTHING until her contract with Syco comes to an end

I think I'm right in saying it is for 12 months

that;s not true.

eoghan, diana and jls has all signed with other labels way before the 12 months.

i would have liked to see rebecca win, but sometimes getting an independent recording contract is a better route to go down.

good luck to rebecca and all the finalists for that matter!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member

Well, nobody knows the specific details aside from the finalists themselves, but it's common knowledge that Syco have first refusal on all finalists. Do you really think Simon Cowell would willingly let a potential moneyspinner go just because they didn't win?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member

The four runners up after Matt all have £1 million contracts courtesy of Simon

Simon can obviously see ££££££s kerching
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Have you actually watched this show before?!!

Rydian (2nd) was signed with Cowell as well as Same Difference (3rd). Think about it.

er..yes i have watched the show before;) and you claim to know the in and outs of the contracts,i guess you work for Syco then.
    he may have the 'option' ,but contestants might refuse and decide to wait.He can't FORCE anyone to sign with him.
    i doubt that anybody's put pen to paper yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UAF wrote: »
    that;s not true.

eoghan, diana and jls has all signed with other labels way before the 12 months.

i would have liked to see rebecca win, but sometimes getting an independent recording contract is a better route to go down.

good luck to rebecca and all the finalists for that matter!

Simon declined to sign Eoghan, Diana and JLS. As Anactoria said, he has first refusal on all finalists - everyone who makes the live shows. This year he seems to have been particular with the contracts as even Gamu has been restricted in what she can do.

From what I have seen, he releases the ones he has no interest in and keeps the potentials lingering around until after the tour. Saying that, what happened to Danyl from last year?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon declined to sign Eoghan, Diana and JLS. As Anactoria said, he has first refusal on all finalists - everyone who makes the live shows. This year he seems to have been particular with the contracts as even Gamu has been restricted in what she can do.

From what I have seen, he releases the ones he has no interest in and keeps the potentials lingering around until after the tour. Saying that, what happened to Danyl from last year?
    nicely put:) yes, what did happen to Danyl?
    Anyway the point is ,Record companies (in my experience)are going to 'back to the hilt' only those who they feel are going to give a good return and in them companies will invest millions.
    the winner is obviously going to get tremendous financial backing,how much left is for the rest? Record companies don't just go around spending millions and millions on 4 acts in a short space of time.Cowell will be choosy, he will want Rebecca ,but he's got Matt(tough Sh*t)
    He's said all the nice things to her throughout the series to keep her sweet ,cos he know's SHE has options too.

Back to Danyl, How can he justify investing millions on Danyl AND Joe.not to mention Olly (who i think might be signed to him) Stacey didn't get a deal and she was third ..it's all about the math(s)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nicely put:) yes, what did happen to Danyl?
    Anyway the point is ,Record companies (in my experience)are going to 'back to the hilt' only those who they feel are going to give a good return and in them companies will invest millions.
    the winner is obviously going to get tremendous financial backing,how much left is for the rest? Record companies don't just go around spending millions and millions on 4 acts in a short space of time.Cowell will be choosy, he will want Rebecca ,but he's got Matt(tough Sh*t)
    He's said all the nice things to her throughout the series to keep her sweet ,cos he know's SHE has options too.

Back to Danyl, How can he justify investing millions on Danyl AND Joe.not to mention Olly (who i think might be signed to him) Stacey didn't get a deal and she was third ..it's all about the math(s)

Found this interesting article about Danyl. I was surprised that he wasn't signed but you are right, record companies can't afford to throw money at everyone.
    http://www.misformusic.com/2010/10/x-factors-danyl-johnson-working-on-debut-solo-album/

As realised with Joe. good performances do not always translate into record sales so I can't see any of the other finalists being signed by SyCo. Especially with Joe's latest single reaching number 68 in the charts. The others will make money on tour, then Simon will take his time making his mind up so that all other interest in them dies out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we'll be getting a single from her by late spring maybe? brilliant :D
  • Options
    Mona LocaMona Loca Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    JLS didn't sig. With Simon did they?

Diana has done well and she waited a fair while.

Simon didn't want to sign JLS. He probably regrets that now but then again he did also turn down Take That and the Spice Girls.

Diana is signed to RCA which is under the Sony BMG umbrella but she took her time to release an album because she was doing theatre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found this interesting article about Danyl. I was surprised that he wasn't signed but you are right, record companies can't afford to throw money at everyone.
    http://www.misformusic.com/2010/10/x-factors-danyl-johnson-working-on-debut-solo-album/

As realised with Joe. good performances do not always translate into record sales so I can't see any of the other finalists being signed by SyCo. Especially with Joe's latest single reaching number 68 in the charts. The others will make money on tour, then Simon will take his time making his mind up so that all other interest in them dies out.
    thanks for the article:)
    shows that it's not so simple as 'Simon's gonna sign up all the semi finalists'.The music business just doesn't work like that.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's not quite true. He can't insist they sign with SyCo, he can only stop them from releasing material during a specific period after the show ends.

Rebecca could decline to sign a recording deal with SyCo and sign immediately with someone else. But she wouldn't be allowed to release any material or promote herself outside of the X Factor for a set period in the contract signed at the beginning of the lives shows.

Whether she'd do that is another matter. If Simon wants to sign her, he will make an offer, which she may well accept.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cyberwar wrote: »
    I agree, she won't be subjected to covers like Leona Lewis. Rebecca can now have a guaranteed successful career.

Leona doesn't do covers regularly. She has two covers over two albums, one of which was originally for the Live Lounge....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Well, Jedward had to be bought out of their contract before they could change labels, so seemingly the finalists all get put onto time restricted contracts so no one else can snatch them up?

I believe even Gamu, who never made it to the live shows, is being blocked from promoting her Christmas song because of the contract.

What'll happen is Rebecca, if signed, will be signed to either Syco, a Sony label or a mix of both.
  • Options
    Mona LocaMona Loca Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As realised with Joe. good performances do not always translate into record sales

The main problem with Joe has been the disparity between his style and image on the show and the style of his album and new look.

Contestants are often criticised for churning out an album of ballads but this is one occasion when that is exactly what a contestant's fanbase was expecting and hoping for. Instead they got a record that though very in keeping with the current trend of 80s synth pop and 70s glam rock, has an air of Mika and Scissor Sisters lite which is at odds with the image of Joe from the show.

If you're going to put out an album like that, you have to go the whole hog with the image. Firstly, I don't think Joe has the sass or the confidence to pull that off anyway but secondly, many of his fans have enough of a problem with the new musical style and the new haircut and clothes. If he strutted on looking like the reincarnation of Marc Bolan, he'd probably lose the rest of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rebecca will be back in the summer like Olly and JLS. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Mona Loca wrote: »
    The main problem with Joe has been the disparity between his style and image on the show and the style of his album and new look.

Contestants are often criticised for churning out an album of ballads but this is one occasion when that is exactly what a contestants' fanbase was expecting and hoping for. Instead they got a record that though very in keeping with the current trend of 80s synth pop and 70s glam rock, has an air of Mika and Scissor Sisters lite which is at odds with the image of Joe from the show.

If you're going to put out an album like that, you have to go the whole hog with the image. Firstly, I don't think Joe has the sass or the confidence to pull that off and, secondly, many of his fans have enough of problem with the new musical style and the new haircut and clothes. If he strutted on looking like the reincarnation of Marc Bolan, he'd probably lose the rest of them.

Nah, it's just because he is crap, has no star quality, had shit songs and Syco clearly didn't believe in him. It's going to be a "end of your contract, see ya" thing.

Joe only released 1 single before his album. Yes, it was slightly different to the stuff on the show. However, he got 6 million votes (I understand that doesn't mean 6 million people) but he only sold 44,000 albums in his first week, so it's pretty evident that most of his fans voted for him on the show and lost interest thereafter. Why would they not buy his album if they supported him?
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll be signed to Syco and someone else. Epic have had a group and a solo male from the show and as Simon has spoken highly of Nick Raphael on a few occasions, I get the impression that if he wanted her, he'd get her. Especially with Epic's success with Olly & JLS.

Cowell owns the recording rights to the show. Unless they want to spend some time on the sidelines, where they all go is most likely up to him and he'll be seeing some money so long as they stay within Sony. So she's not "free" from him at all.

One Direction will probably be with Syco exclusively. I could see Cher signing to a joint deal as well. Mary probably with Sony Ireland.

As a US deal is out of the question for Matt, I think he'll be on the BGT live shows performing his new single. Or maybe even sooner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    She'll be signed to Syco and someone else. Epic have had a group and a solo male from the show and as Simon has spoken highly of Nick Raphael on a few occasions, I get the impression that if he wanted her, he'd get her. Especially with Epic's success with Olly & JLS.

Cowell owns the recording rights to the show. Unless they want to spend some time on the sidelines, where they all go is most likely up to him and he'll be seeing some money so long as they stay within Sony. So she's not "free" from him at all.

One Direction will probably be with Syco exclusively. I could see Cher signing to a joint deal as well. Mary probably with Sony Ireland.

As a US deal is out of the question for Matt, I think he'll be on the BGT live shows performing his new single. Or maybe even sooner.

fair points:)it will be interesting to see how it all pans out.