Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found Gem's diary interesting reading. Makes her less of a villain and more just mentally I'll - would love to see her go through a recovery and made permanent. Love her, way more interesting than her dippy cousin.
  • Options
    DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love Sonya, even as far as her being one of my fave characters, but now I cannot stand her. She makes my blood boil and Toadie needs to smash her head against a brick wall for putting another random persons kid over her own.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonya can be annoying but these traits make her addictions more believable and her character more real. People have flaws,make bad decisions and mistakes.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The person who plays Sonya is a brilliant actress. Love her character. Anyone notice that when Gem texted Bailey and we saw his phone the date was 11/09/13 and it's supposed to be Christmas or just before/after ( what happened to Christmas day?) and the phone showed it was only on vibrate. :o:D
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Sonya is getting more and more annoying, I don't know how Toadie's putting up with her. Yes, she's a mother and she understands all about the pressures of motherhood but maybe she should spend more time with Nell and Callum and less time worrying about some stranger.
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I kind of feel the same about Toadie :blush: what a miserable grump he is most of the time!
    Well the poor bloke has to live with Sonya, that would make anyone a bit miserable!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    The person who plays Sonya is a brilliant actress. Love her character. Anyone notice that when Gem texted Bailey and we saw his phone the date was 11/09/13 and it's supposed to be Christmas or just before/after ( what happened to Christmas day?) and the phone showed it was only on vibrate. :o:D

Yes I noticed that too! That would have been the date they filmed it as they film 3-4 months in advance but I can't believe that one slipped past continuity. They do usually have the right date on phones.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    Loving Gem. Her diary entries were a surprise, but a good way to see into her troubled mind. I really wish she was staying on.
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I kind of feel the same about Toadie :blush: what a miserable grump he is most of the time!
    He's really turned into a misery over the last few years. He used to be fun, but since he matured, he's lost a lot of what made him likeable. Actually, he's not been right since the whole Steph sham relationship.

As much as I don't like this Sonya/Jacob story, I get that Sonya just wants to help him and stop him from making the same mistakes as she did. I think she resents the fact that no-one helped her and stopped her from abandoning Callum, so she has thrown herself into doing what no-one did for her with Jacob. You can tell she feels no-one else understands the situation like she does. Ironically, by helping Jacob, she's neglecting her own family.
  • Options
    PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate's "in love" with Kyle. Here we go again.

Wait a minute didn't she turn down the man (Brennan) she was willing to throw her whole life away for and go into witness protection with because she loved Mason. Then suddenly she realises she doesn't love Mason and dumps him, sleeps with Kyle and discovers she's in love with him. It's laughable :)

I hear Brennan is returning. No doubt Kate will make a u-turn and fall back in his arms!!

I think the scriptwriters have made a mess of Kate's character.

EDIT: I almost forgot didn't Kate fall in love with Kyle as well when he was with Jade and they kissed? I can't keep up :D!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait a minute didn't she turn down the man (Brennan) she was willing to throw her whole life away for and go into witness protection with because she loved Mason. Then suddenly she realises she doesn't love Mason and dumps him, sleeps with Kyle and discovers she's in love with him. It's laughable :)

I hear Brennan is returning. No doubt Kate will make a u-turn and fall back in his arms!!

I think the scriptwriters have made a mess of Kate's character.

EDIT: I almost forgot didn't Kate fall in love with Kyle as well when he was with Jade and they kissed? I can't keep up :D!!!

They really have. According to tomorrow's preview Georgia asks Kyle to choose between her and Kate. As he was engaged to Georgia you'd expect there to be no contest but we'll see...

How confusing the hotel will be no longer part of the Lassiter's chain despite it being located on the Lassiter's complex? or have i got it wrong and the name of the whole thing will be changing?
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another good episode today. Gem going totally hatstand, Kate being a cow, poor Georgia suffering, and Teresa in terrific jiggly form whilst confronting Paul.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Kate has managed to escape from this whole debacle Scott-Free and everyone's acting like she was the victim.

The likes of Izzy and Jade (who Kate betrayed too) were vilified for their bed-hopping antics yet Kate can just move from man to man, trash relationships, betray her friends and kiss students (at least Gem never kissed Bailey) with barely a word of condemnation.

She really is the Mary Sue of Neighbours.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Kate always in love with Kyle when he is with someone. She's always in love with someone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Love cray cray Gem. Loved how she forced Kate to admit her feelings for Kyle, otherwise this would still be going on for months. People do seem to have forgotten how she acted when Kyle was with Jade. It feels like everyone bar Georgia, has forgiven her. I hope Georgia doesn't forgive so easily.

I even liked the Bailey/Lauren/Matt scenes. Lauren has improved as a character recently, and I think that shows how decent material can really change a character for the better.

Paul really does hate Teresa. But, I can't see them literally renaming Lassiter's Hotel, not with it's history. It's not like Charlie's which no longer has any relevance.
  • Options
    PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »
    They really have. According to tomorrow's preview Georgia asks Kyle to choose between her and Kate. As he was engaged to Georgia you'd expect there to be no contest but we'll see...

How confusing the hotel will be no longer part of the Lassiter's chain despite it being located on the Lassiter's complex? or have i got it wrong and the name of the whole thing will be changing?

Ooh interesting! Will be watching today's episode later - to me it strikes me that Kyle is confused by his feelings towards Kate. I remember he really liked her a while back, before he got together with Jade. Wasn't Kate with Brennan then? I can't keep up :D

Yeah I've no idea whether it is just the hotel or whether the whole complex will no longer belong to Lassiter's?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I've no idea whether it is just the hotel or whether the whole complex will no longer belong to Lassiter's?

Nice of Paul to clear it up despite the fact it doesn't matter any more!

So come on then, hands up anyone who had an idea of what Sonya's cake was supposed to be :D (i had no idea and my first thought was little pigs eating from a circular trough)

I Liked the Callum and Josie scenes today, from subtly touching hands saying they've 'missed each other' to flat out telling Bailey he was interrupting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought the cake was supposed to be the sun. Yeah, I know the sun isn't red and green, but it does have a big yellow centre. :D

LOL @ Callum and Josie bumping heads when they went to kiss.

Buh-buy Gem, you will be missed. It was nice seeing Gem/Georgia/Toadie share a family scene, and reference that they are all family, considering they've played up Gem/Georgia being cousins.

Anyone think they were chem testing Georgia and Jacob? Seems odd giving them that random scene.

I think Kyle loves Georgia, but is confused about his feelings for Kate b/c of how he used to feel about her, and b/c of how close they are as friends. However, Georgia was right: it should be clear cut straight away; he shouldn't be confused if he's as in love with Georgia like he says.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at the shows viewing figures, its the soap that no-one much watches
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its ratings aren't where they should be. I don't say that b/c I'm a fan, I say that b/c it's very enjoyable right now, and better that it has been for months and deserves more recognition.

To think, people are watching HO and its gangster rubbish and shallow writing, and their seems to be a lot of negativity and criticism towards Corrie, instead of Neighbours, which is way better right now, IMO.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »

Anyone think they were chem testing Georgia and Jacob? Seems odd giving them that random scene.
    I think it was subtle foreshadowing to her expecting the pitter patter of tiny feet. Or I could be completely wrong as usual :p
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    So come on then, hands up anyone who had an idea of what Sonya's cake was supposed to be :D (i had no idea and my first thought was little pigs eating from a circular trough)

I thought it was meant to be a squid, then I remembered that is Callum's nickname, so that made no sense. :p
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who were all those random people at Nell's Birthday Party.
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    I thought the cake was supposed to be the sun. Yeah, I know the sun isn't red and green, but it does have a big yellow centre. :D

Callum kissing anyone is gross!

Buh-buy Gem, you will be missed. It was nice seeing Gem/Georgia/Toadie share a family scene, and reference that they are all family, considering they've played up Gem/Georgia being cousins.

Does everyone in that family have to have 'fish' appended to their name? Stupid, or what?
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,574
    Forum Member

Callum kissing anyone is gross!
    Nah, it's cute!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    Why is Kate always in love with Kyle when he is with someone. She's always in love with someone.

she is always in love with someone..next it be Brennan again..I much prefer Brennan out of the two..Kyle is thick dude, maybe he is nice looking but not much upstairs :D
  • Options
    Hilary22catHilary22cat Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice of Paul to clear it up despite the fact it doesn't matter any more!

I thought she said it was supposed to be a flower?
This discussion has been closed.