HO Lomaxes

grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They've been in the show for quite a few months what do you think about them?
As a family unit I prefer them to the Roscoes as they seem like more of a family.
I think Danny is the only one I don't like. I didn't like Sam at first but now I really like her also Leela I absolutely love her.

Comments

• SamL94SamL94 Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    I'd say they are average. Sam is my favourite of them. Leela and Peri are ok but nothing special. Danny and Tegan are average.

Overall I think I prefer the Roscoe's, though that's mainly down to the two younger ones, Robbie and Jason.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the Lomax's, Sam is also my favourite!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like them all except teegan
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I often disagree with them individually, but I feel at home with them as I originally got back into Hollyoaks to follow Leela. Danny has been unfaithful, Sam has been unprofessional in her job (such as over Trevor and leaving Fraser files lying around at home), Tegan has not cared how Sandy would feel about Fraser being Rose's dad. By comparison, Peri has not been very controversial yet. Leela quickly mellowed after her initial episodes.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Love them all except Tegan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they've been a great addition.
    I love Sam and Peri but Leela is my favourite.
    She still hasn't done a lot yet but if the rumours are true and
    she turns out to be Peri's mum
    then I think that could be a brilliant storyline for her.

However, I can't stand Tegan. She just gets on my nerves.
    Danny has become annoying too and I haven't liked his relationship with John Paul.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I like them. There is something incredibly fixating about Sam. I was unsure of her at first as she just felt like 'the wife' but I find her so enthralling now.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I really didn't like them at first but I think they work now.

I don't like Tegan or Danny in the slightest bit. They both do my head right in.

But I really like Sam and Peri and Leela is likeable as well. I'm a bit worried they're going to waste her by sticking her with that God awful Ziggy. She's an intriguing character at the moment. I feel like we don't quite know her yet and that's interesting.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Peri, Leela, and Sam great characters, great actresses playing them and good they have storys going for them.

Tegan was great but become annoying ever since her baby father come out to be Frasers, being in love with him and other things have made her such wasted being invovled with Fraser. She is great with her family and Ste but with Fraser it's ruining her sooner hes gone for good Tegan be better again.

Danny never thought much of him, the way hes treated his family and JP has made him a idiot, fool, unlikeable and annoying. The mess he made with JP affair is his own doing, now that Sam knows the truth just hope she dumps Danny later on, never trusts or has anything to do with him again either.
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Sam. She is that rare soap police officer who actually does some realistic detective work.
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they've been a great addition.
    I love Sam and Peri but Leela is my favourite.
    She still hasn't done a lot yet but if the rumours are true and
    she turns out to be Peri's mum
    then I think that could be a brilliant storyline for her.

However, I can't stand Tegan. She just gets on my nerves.
    Danny has become annoying too and I haven't liked his relationship with John Paul.

Your spoiler = I guessed that the other day :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IWasBored wrote: »

everyone guessed it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IWasBored wrote: »

I actually wanted it to be her a few weeks ago before the rumours started!
    Makes for a better storyline, I think. :D
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Sam, Leela and Peri. I think Teagan can be a bit irritating but shes still tolerable. I draw the line at Danny though as I just find him a huge coward.

I do think they are streets ahead of The Roscoe's though! :D
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I love Sam, and I think she and Danny are a great couple. The actors all work really well together, and feel like a realistic family. After liking Tegan a lot at the start, she's too wrapped up in Frasier and I've gone off her a bit, and Danny is so insincere and a little slimy when he's around John Paul, but that's about it.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    together Sam and Danny are good, Danny on his own is an annoying wet blanket of a man who needs a damn good slap!

I dont enjoy any scenes that Teagan is in, I find her annoying

Leela is ok as is Peri

As a family unit I think they are fine, better than the Roscoes IMO, they seem to function better as a family unit than the Roscoes
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Generally I like them, Leela is my favourite!

I think bringing the Lomaxes in has helped make Ste more likeable, I was really starting to dislike him, when he was with Doug.

Which was Doug's fault, as he was bringing Ste down to his level.

Not really a fan of Danny, but that's because of his connection to John Paul, who I don't particularly like either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Sam, Peri and Leela. Not fussed on Tegan and I don't like Danny at all.
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the fact that each of the Lomax family has depth and dimension and they all look and behave in very individual ways.

Contrast to the Roscoes where they look alike (yeah I know they're meant to be brothers) and are all wooden and two dimensional except for Robbie and at a push Jason but even he's a bit of a wet lettuce. The older brothers are there just for the eye candy but they are too similar, it often takes me a moment of two to figure if I'm watching Ziggy or Freddie.
  • TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't abide Tegan, she's a self centred little twit who needs a good slap. As for the mum ... She's a bit moody faced for me , but meh. The others I can give or take...but I do prefer them to the rosscos
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,640
    Forum Member
    spikewoman wrote: »
    I like the fact that each of the Lomax family has depth and dimension and they all look and behave in very individual ways.

Contrast to the Roscoes where they look alike (yeah I know they're meant to be brothers) and are all wooden and two dimensional except for Robbie and at a push Jason but even he's a bit of a wet lettuce. The older brothers are there just for the eye candy but they are too similar, it often takes me a moment of two to figure if I'm watching Ziggy or Freddie.
    I don't think the Roscoes look alike at all, but they are uniformly awful.
  • lexstarlexstar Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them as a family but cannot stand Tegan.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They come as a package so I like them as a family. I love Sam. I also like the dynamics between Ste and Leela. It's nice to see Ste with a family.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Generally I like them, Leela is my favourite!

I think bringing the Lomaxes in has helped make Ste more likeable, I was really starting to dislike him, when he was with Doug.

Which was Doug's fault, as he was bringing Ste down to his level.

Not really a fan of Danny, but that's because of his connection to John Paul, who I don't particularly like either.

Oh I liked daddy Doug and the machining shirt and trousers era.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Love Sam and Leela.

I did like Tegan, but after all this Fraser stuff she's been ruined.

Danny is Danny really and Peri is just plain tbh.