Eastenders New Family

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Hey as all of you know Eastenders are in need of a new family with no connections to anyone in the square so who would all of you like to be in a new family? I would like there to be a mum, a dad, twin 5 year old girls, a 7 year old girl, a 9 year old boy, a 10 year or an 11 year old girl who Tiffany can be friends with, a 12 year old boy and a 13 year old girl who can be a girlfriend for Liam

Jeez, sounds like you want a family that can be used to swing viewers in favour of forced contraception. ;)
  • jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EastEnders does need a new family, the last totally new family who had no links previous to the Square that I can think of were the Masoods six years ago. They've been arguably one of the most popular families of the past few years and they are all adults (bar Kamil). I hope the Masoods stay for ages

Anyway, the new family should have five members at most and shouldn't have anyone under the age of fourteen. Two Parents. Three Children. I agree that Liam Butcher needs something out of his family and as I quite like the character (and think the actor could be quite good) I'd be willing for him to have a girlfriend/love interest or best mate. Christian, Syed & Ben have all left this year and I think the show needs a gay character again so I'd have one of the sons in the family be gay (This could cause some minor conflice as the dad struggles to accept it exct.) he should be around 21/22
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,368
    Forum Member
    jamesisace wrote: »
    EastEnders does need a new family, the last totally new family who had no links previous to the Square that I can think of were the Masoods six years ago. They've been arguably one of the most popular families of the past few years and they are all adults (bar Kamil). I hope the Masoods stay for ages

Anyway, the new family should have five members at most and shouldn't have anyone under the age of fourteen. Two Parents. Three Children. I agree that Liam Butcher needs something out of his family and as I quite like the character (and think the actor could be quite good) I'd be willing for him to have a girlfriend/love interest or best mate. Christian, Syed & Ben have all left this year and I think the show needs a gay character again so I'd have one of the sons in the family be gay (This could cause some minor conflice as the dad struggles to accept it exct.) he should be around 21/22

Agree about Liam, he needs someone to knock around with of his own age, but why would we need another Gay character? not having a go, but real life is not like medialand where every box has to be ticked, Gay people are always saying they want to be treated like everyone else, but then demand to have special storylines, by all means bring a Gay person in, but dont go down that "my family does nt understand me" route again, it is boring for viewers, they can be a normal character who happens to be Gay.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesisace wrote: »

Well its not up to you if no one under the age of 14 comes into the show its upto Lorraine Newman and if she brings in two new families maybe she could bring in grandparents and 3 children a 14 year old boy, a 12 year old boy and a 10 year old girl and then maybe the children's parents could of died in a car crash so the grandparents are over protective of them. And then maybe another new family should come in and there should be a mum and dad in their 50s and they should have 4 sons who are 24, 26, 28 and 30 and the oldest could have a wife and maybe two years later or three years later if non one else has had a baby they could have a baby then
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is an acror I would love to come into Eastenders as a new character and that is Richard Whisker who played Liam in Tracy Beaker Returns I think he is a fantastic actor
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's quite a good actor, how old is he? If he's above sixteen and can work proper hours, I wouldn't mind that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's quite a good actor, how old is he? If he's above sixteen and can work proper hours, I wouldn't mind that.

The actor who plays him is 18 I think and if he ever joins Eastenders maybe his character could make a could friend for Liam. Do you like the grand parents idea with 3 or 2 children so then the children are not under 10 maybe in about 5 or 10 years time there could be children under 10 because you know that saying never say never because no one know what will happen Eastenders EP Lorraine Newmam might bring in two new families one with children who are 14 or 15 and 12 and 10 and another who don't have children like the one i suggest with four brother and brother's wife and the brothers mum and dad and you never know in 2018 or 2019 we might see another family with children we can't rule it off ever because we don't know what the future holds now do we?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I remember reading that that guy is trying for a singing career though, so it's not likely.

Tbh, I don't think we need more teens as we have a lot atm. And kids are pointless to add because they can't have any real storylines. A few early/mid twenties would be better, because only Joey, Alice and Tyler (I think) are really in that group, but they hang around with the teens.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is an acror I would love to come into Eastenders as a new character and that is Richard Whisker who played Liam in Tracy Beaker Returns I think he is a fantastic actor

I don't think he's fantastic he alright, he suits children type shows not drama based shows like EE.
    So no I wouldnt want him anywhere near EE.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you like a single mother to come into the show with a cerebral palsy child who is 22 and a down syndrome child who is 20
  • .Kooky..Kooky. Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mormon Girl....you have continued your same conversation over from a thread that was just closed. Time to let it drop!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .Kooky. wrote: »
    Mormon Girl....you have continued your same conversation over from a thread that was just closed. Time to let it drop!

Im not talking about young children anymore is a 20 year old or a 21 year old or a 22 year old young?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt mind that, but right now EE doesnt need a new family they've got Ava and Dexter.
    Also i'd like a new family with no connection to the square
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind that, but right now EE doesnt need a new family they've got Ava and Dexter.

be nice .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »

Me too. I don't think Eastenders has had two young adults with down syndrome and cerebral palsy in it before and a single mother or father looking after them and maybe a young adult with autism and if they pick 3 young adults to play them with down syndrome, cerebral palsy and autism then that would be good
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leeruk wrote: »
    be nice .

I didnt think I was being rude, if I was I apologise
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leeruk wrote: »
    be nice .

She wasn't being nasty....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you like my idea about a single mother or father coming into the show with a child who has autism, cerebral palsy and down syndrome and the children can be young adults like 22, 20 and 18 or 19
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree about Liam, he needs someone to knock around with of his own age, but why would we need another Gay character? not having a go, but real life is not like medialand where every box has to be ticked, Gay people are always saying they want to be treated like everyone else, but then demand to have special storylines, by all means bring a Gay person in, but dont go down that "my family does nt understand me" route again, it is boring for viewers, they can be a normal character who happens to be Gay.

most soaps have done the gay character thing and they hardly get it right IMO christian when he was single was the closest you would get .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you like my idea about a single mother or father coming into the show with a child who has autism, cerebral palsy and down syndrome and the children can be young adults like 22, 20 and 18 or 19

Quite unrealistic that three members of a family would each suffer different and very life-changing illnesses, no?
  • AncalagonAncalagon Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You keep changing your idea..... last time I read it it was just two children... one with cerebral palsy and another with downs...

The person above me is right- its unrealistic, Horrible idea.. just like all the other ideas you have had about introducing a single parent with countless children or young adults with disabilities
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ancalagon wrote: »
    You keep changing your idea..... last time I read it it was just two children... one with cerebral palsy and another with downs...

The person above me is right- its unrealistic, Horrible idea.. just like all the other ideas you have had about introducing a single parent with countless children or young adults with disabilities

Well we have had down syndrome adults or cerebral palsy or autistic people in Eastenders before have we? Look Eastenders needs a new family with no connections at all at the end of the day they did it with Emmerdale by bring in the Spencer family in 2011 and the last time Eastenders did that was in 2007 with the Masood's
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well we have had down syndrome adults or cerebral palsy or autistic people in Eastenders before have we? Look Eastenders needs a new family with no connections at all at the end of the day they did it with Emmerdale by bring in the Spencer family in 2011 and the last time Eastenders did that was in 2007 with the Masood's

I agree that Eastenders needs a new family at some point, but not until they've axed some deadwood and radically reduced the number of Brannings. But I don't think introducing three characters, one with autism, one with down syndrome and the other with cerebal palsy, who are all supposed to be from the same family, would really work. To be honest I'd think they were taking the pee, and that's putting it lightly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .Kooky. wrote: »
    Quite unrealistic that three members of a family would each suffer different and very life-changing illnesses, no?

Well Eastenders have never had older characters with those disabilities and people caring for them and it would be good to see that. Nothing I say pleases anyone so even if I say maybe a Chinese family or a Irish family or a American family nothing will ever please some of you
This discussion has been closed.