Miracle Man

2»

Comments

• Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, at what point did the comic transition from Warrior Magazine to the US publishers? I assume Warrior didn't show the pregnancy issue - and the previous episode where he violently killed Gargunza's minions was pretty full on too.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, at what point did the comic transition from Warrior Magazine to the US publishers? I assume Warrior didn't show the pregnancy issue - and the previous episode where he violently killed Gargunza's minions was pretty full on too.
    The original British series ended on a cliffhanger with the arrival of Miracledog in Warrior Issue 21. The Warrior reprints end with Issue 6 in the Eclipse run and Issue 7 in the Marvel run. It's the issue when Chuck Beckum/Austen takes over from Alan Davis as the artist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The original British series ended on a cliffhanger with the arrival of Miracledog in Warrior Issue 21. The Warrior reprints end with Issue 6 in the Eclipse run and Issue 7 in the Marvel run. It's the issue when Chuck Beckum/Austen takes over from Alan Davis as the artist.

Thanks.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unintentional censorship in the latest, as the lettering droid messed up and printed Kid Miracleman's speech balloons as solid black blobs. Kind of ruined the 'They'd say I was going soft..' pay-off in his scene with the nurse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Unintentional censorship in the latest, as the lettering droid messed up and printed Kid Miracleman's speech balloons as solid black blobs. Kind of ruined the 'They'd say I was going soft..' pay-off in his scene with the nurse.
    That was probably my favourite line in the entire run. What a cock up!

The Annual was a disappointment too. The first new material in 20 years is just more Apocrypha-style tales which don't move the story forward.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, that wasn't intentional then? I saw these black word balloons and thought it must've been some weird stylistic choice Alan Moore had made back in the day. Now i see it was cock-up, not conspiracy.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, that wasn't intentional then? I saw these black word balloons and thought it must've been some weird stylistic choice Alan Moore had made back in the day. Now i see it was cock-up, not conspiracy.

They are supposed to be black but you are supposed to be able to read the text within.

It's lucky they are padding out these books with pages of the original pencils, so you can read the dialogue there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are supposed to be black but you are supposed to be able to read the text within.

It's lucky they are padding out these books with pages of the original pencils, so you can read the dialogue there.

I really should pay more attantion to all the filler stuff they put in these books. I tend to just quickly skim through it, thus missing the original dialogue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone hazard a guess, based on how quick they're using up the already published material, how long it'll be until we see some new stuff (apart from the annual they've already put out)?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone hazard a guess, based on how quick they're using up the already published material, how long it'll be until we see some new stuff (apart from the annual they've already put out)?
    Well, they published thirteen issues during 2014, so the loooooong-awaited Issue #25 should be around November or December. Of course, you can put that back three months if they decide to pad the run with the Apocrypha mini-series.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have also been suggestions Miracle Man's universe is one of the classified areas in the Secret Wars Battleworld map, but it's just rumours for now.

The map- http://www.newsarama.com/22828-marvel-release-full-map-of-secret-wars-battleworld.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    There have also been suggestions Miracle Man's universe is one of the classified areas in the Secret Wars Battleworld map, but it's just rumours for now.

The map- http://www.newsarama.com/22828-marvel-release-full-map-of-secret-wars-battleworld.html
    Oh, I hope not. I'd really like Marvel to keep Miracleman far away from Multiverse crossover events.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they published thirteen issues during 2014, so the loooooong-awaited Issue #25 should be around November or December. Of course, you can put that back three months if they decide to pad the run with the Apocrypha mini-series.

So issue 25 is when we start getting new material?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I hope not. I'd really like Marvel to keep Miracleman far away from Multiverse crossover events.

I must admit, I assumed when it was announced Marvel had gained the rights for Marvelman/Miracleman he would appear in the normal Marvel Universe. I saw him as Marvel's own Superman. But obviously, they had different ideas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So issue 25 is when we start getting new material?
    If they stick with the original numbering, it'll be Issue 25. It may be Issue 28 if they decide to reprint Apocrypha as part of the main run.

I think they'll stick with Issue 25, though. It would enable the new series to act as a direct continuation of the Eclipse series. A good jumping-on point for old fans who didn't want to buy the reprints.
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit, I assumed when it was announced Marvel had gained the rights for Marvelman/Miracleman he would appear in the normal Marvel Universe. I saw him as Marvel's own Superman. But obviously, they had different ideas.

It was Marvel's intention of eventually having their own version in the main Marvel continuity as well as reprinting the Miracleman series. I don't know if that's the case, if it's still on the cards it will be after their big Secret Wars event.

It's a bit redundant really as Miracleman is essentially a Superman-esque (really Captain Marvel) figure gone horribly wrong and we've had that already in the main Marvel continuity with Sentry who was heavily inspired by the Miracle Man stories.

Not to mention Marvel has a much longer tradition of Superman-like characters gone wrong with the various Hyperions who come from alternate universes. The current one featured in Hickman's Avengers is actually the first to really be a real Marvel version of Superman and I'd like to see the character stay after Secret Wars.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it's finally happening…
    In the latest Marvel mini series, Timeless, on the last page you can see the Miracleman logo. It seems, after years of uncertainty, the big guy is going to be introduced into the Marvel universe, proper.