Why is Mick Carter the King of the square now...

iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
Forum Member
He owns the Vic, is the head of the most shoehorned family and is in nearly every scene or storyline somehow
There's always a vibe he's above everyone else when he's around them too

He's only been here 5 mins, they should pipe him down a bit...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    While you are right, i think a main reason for him being given a big role in the Alfie storyline is so he will have his mind on other big things around the time of Linda's rape. Maybe everything kicking off with Alfie will make him hard to talk to for Linda when she needs him most.
  • Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't the landlords of The Vic always kinda been Kings of the square...Den was, Frank... Grant, Phillamena, Alfie and now Mick ...
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member
    Mick Carter is the King of the Square at the moment(Although could be argued it is still Phil Mitchell) because EastEnders bosses can't believe there luck that they have managed to sign up Danny Dyer, probably making the most of him while they can.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's great. Looking forward to him kicking deans arse
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand the way he's always sticking his nose into other people's business! He has no morals and has no idea of right from wrong....I mean he knew Alfie was burning the place down yet he feels no way at all that Kat and his own son nearly died! All he does is advise Alfie etc. The way he practically chased Tosh down the square was pathetic! His actions are only more likely to raise suspicion! He should shut up and mind his own goddam business!
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny Dyer looked HOT tonight.

He is the King because he is part of DTC favourite family- The Carter's.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Mick Carter is the King of the Square at the moment(Although could be argued it is still Phil Mitchell) because EastEnders bosses can't believe there luck that they have managed to sign up Danny Dyer, probably making the most of him while they can.

Well Danny has said before that he's a big fan of EastEnders and was keen to sign up for it. I don't see him leaving soon.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    He should be king of the square .....Phil's a joke.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Phil is clearly still king.
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find him a bit boring, not dark enough IMO, I want him to be like den lol
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Phil is clearly still king.

Phil will always be king...
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Phil will always be king...
    Yes he will! :)
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    Can't stand the way he's always sticking his nose into other people's business! He has no morals and has no idea of right from wrong....I mean he knew Alfie was burning the place down yet he feels no way at all that Kat and his own son nearly died! All he does is advise Alfie etc. The way he practically chased Tosh down the square was pathetic! His actions are only more likely to raise suspicion! He should shut up and mind his own goddam business!

Mick was being a friend. He probably was a bit shocked when the house exploded and I'm sure he was anxious when he thought Johnny and Kat were in danger but didn't he burn his own pub down at one point? In that case, it would be hypocritical to condemn Alfie. Also, Mick has compassion for Alfie and knows that he is not a bad person - he made a reckless, stupid and dangerous decision because he thought he was in a desperate situation - of course all he did was advise Alfie. As he rightly said, Alfie must make his own decisions. All Mick can do is offer advice and be there for him. I'd love to have a friend like Mick. He seems almost as non judgemental as me.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    because he's fit as, has dopey eyes, a tight butt in those pants and is well up for it. Nothing more is needed.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All he is missing is a confessional box and a black suit and white collar
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'll tell you what he is missing, a helicopter a zip wire a black suit and a box of milk tray for me lmao
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »

Agreed - a very bad one.

He should have burned in a car crash not Steve - after all he is very good at starting fires - just ask the poor homeless bloke. >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mick is the dick van dyke of albert square. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

are these red tomatoes dan in admiration for the king of the tomatoes. ;-)
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    He owns the Vic, is the head of the most shoehorned family and is in nearly every scene or storyline somehow
    There's always a vibe he's above everyone else when he's around them too

He's only been here 5 mins, they should pipe him down a bit...

They did the same thing with Barbara Windsor when she first started playing Peggy. It was if they expected us to believe she was the Queen of EastEnders after 5 minutes just because Barbara, like Danny Dyer, is a well known face outside of the series. I never got on board with that nonsense. Peggy couldn't hold a candle to Pat, Pauline or Lou. A lot of latecomers to the series won't know that the reason the Mitchells ended up in The Vic is because Sharon was obsessed with owning it. Once she left in the mid 90's Grant, who had no interest in The Vic, installed Peggy as the landlady and she adopted Sharon's obsession to the point of parody. Just how many times did Peggy lose and regain that pub?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back to Mick, I'm a Danny Dyer fan but I hate him in this role. The character is such a drip and I agree he's too saintly and always sticks his nose where it doesn't belong. Good point about him not knowing right from wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil will always be Philth!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did the same thing with Barbara Windsor when she first started playing Peggy. It was if they expected us to believe she was the Queen of EastEnders after 5 minutes just because Barbara, like Danny Dyer, is a well known face outside of the series. I never got on board with that nonsense. Peggy couldn't hold a candle to Pat, Pauline or Lou. A lot of latecomers to the series won't know that the reason the Mitchells ended up in The Vic is because Sharon was obsessed with owning it. Once she left in the mid 90's Grant, who had no interest in The Vic, installed Peggy as the landlady and she adopted Sharon's obsession to the point of parody. Just how many times did Peggy lose and regain that pub?

Is Peggy aware that Phil sold the Vic?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Cora should have been a Queen of the Vic.

I like Cora but she's a raging alkie. It wouldn't work.