Doctor punches patient laid up in bed after heart surgery

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy might have been abusive because of the medication he was on. Can't believe the doctor hit him!
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    NHS doctors are very rude and brusque due to long work hours in the Communist Health System. it is what happens when there are no barriers to entry for medical treatment.

Are you ever going to give up on this attention seeking?
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never read so much shit in one thread.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you simply cannot accept that doing a 36 hour shift and being chronically tired can in any way influence your judgement or behaviour?

Not in the way that he responded, never in a million years. I would have felt really guilty for even shouting back at him, knowing what he had just been through.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if he punched him in the chest, what was he trying to do- or rather undo....the dedicated and most likely difficult team effort that had gone into trying to save the guys life? I can empathise with anyone in the high-pressured job being at their wits' end following a 36 hour shift. Sounds to me like a 'straw that broke the camel's back' situation. Like others have said, he should have bit his tongue and walked away. If the man kept continuing the abuse during his 'recovery', by all means verbally put him in his place. That's theoretical because the man died anyway and now the medical profession has lost a seemingly highly-rated practitioner. What a waste for a moment's temper.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    Not in the way that he responded, never in a million years. I would have felt really guilty for even shouting back at him, knowing what he had just been through.

Hmmmm, well we'll have to agree to disagree. To make the blanket statement that his tiredness coming off the back of working a 36 hour shift couldn't possibly, in any way shape or form, have contributed even slightly to the way he acted seems very harsh.

Medical experts would disagree with you about the potential effects of acute sleep deprivation. Impaired moral judgement is just one of a long list of potential side effects.