Hollywood legend Liza Minnelli taken ill

HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
Forum Member
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/liza-minnelli-cancels-concerts-over-mystery-medical-condition-9430124.html

Lizas upcoming London concerts cancelled due to a mystery illness causing her doctors to order rest.

Comments

• Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adore Liza, have seen her perform on stage and loved her in films but honestly, it is more worthy of headline news these days when she is well enough to perform. Saw her on stage in Sydney in 1981 and she was amazing.

Hope she is not too ill though, what a trouper. Loved her in Stepping Out :)
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not much of a favourite of mine but I do hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Macca too is unwell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not much of a favourite of mine but I do hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Macca too is unwell.

I know he is an icon but I don't like him as a performer these days - way past it now - but I hope he recovers.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know he is an icon but I don't like him as a performer these days - way past it now - but I hope he recovers.

Can't stand him now.
    He was atrocious at The Diamond Jubilee Concert and even worse (if that's possible) at the Olympic Closing Ceremony but I hope, he too, makes a speedy recovery.

Sorry OP for going off-topic.:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand him now.
    He was atrocious at The Diamond Jubilee Concert and even worse (if that's possible) at the Olympic Closing Ceremony but I hope, he too, makes a speedy recovery.

I thought he was atrocious at the Queen's Golden Jubilee 'Party at the Palace' back in June 2002. As was the Beach Boy.
    Some people don't know when to stop, and it's not like he needs the money.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    It isn't the money.

It's the fame, adoration and need to perform, after so many years of doing it, it's impossible to give up.

Best wishes to Liza and Paul.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Can't stand him now.

Its ok lol a little divergence adds colour to threads sometimes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Best wishes to Liza and Paul.

This.

Is a thread like this really the right place to be criticising anyone?
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Best wishes to Liza, one of the true great singers of our time. Hope she recovers.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Best wishes to Liza, one of the true great singers of our time. Hope she recovers.

Ah come on fefster, that really must be a personal opinion, which I respect. However, even with the best will in the world, Liza with a "Z" surely will be remembered for her parents and her role in Cabaret!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »

Whilst a great singer, IMO and in the opinion of many, her mother was even better. Having said that, I hope she gets well soon.