The Carters: A new twist

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
Forum Member
The Carters are a completely different family from when we were first introduced. Mick is not Shirley's brother but her son and Mick and Linda are partners not husband and wife. These Carter secrets are actually very intriguing and change the dynamic of the family. However, what if Linda had a dark secret about Stan. What if she was raped when she was about 17 or 19 when she took him to visit Lee? What if Johnny, rather than being Stan's great-grandson, was actually his son? Such secret would be huge and transform the family.

Comments

• BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, because Linda is the kind of woman who would have her rapist living under her roof.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,269
    Forum Member
    What is it with all these ludicrous ideas at the moment :D
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would Linda let Stan live in The Vic and let herself be alone with him if he raped her? She clearly has some affection for him.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Fantastic idea!

Possibly a bit too fantastic though.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Oh crikey, no. I echo the same comment I have written on many a thread: what is this rape obsession about? It's ridiculous, I think Linda's initial hatred of Stan was on Mick's behalf.
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Oh crikey, no. I echo the same comment I have written on many a thread: what is this rape obsession about? It's ridiculous, I think Linda's initial hatred of Stan was on Mick's behalf.

It was.

The rape obsession on here is getting worse. I'm fed up of seeing it suggested tbh. Not sure if the posters are just niave or have a bit of a fetish but either way I wish these suggestions would stop.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come every time a secret is speculated here, it always comes back a decades-ago rape? :p
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    It was.

The rape obsession on here is getting worse. I'm fed up of seeing it suggested tbh. Not sure if the posters are just niave or have a bit of a fetish but either way I wish these suggestions would stop.

Exactly, everything seems to constantly come back to rape or sexual abuse of some sort. I'm not sure whether to be alarmed or not tbh.

It's like people are going for the record amount of times 'rape' can be used in a forum.:o^_^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Exactly, everything seems to constantly come back to rape or sexual abuse of some sort. I'm not sure whether to be alarmed or not tbh...

EastEnders seems to have conveyed the ludicrous message to viewers that all men that have a dark side or shady past are either paedophiles or rapists. That is the only explanation as to why I think the rape theory keeps on propping up on here on a regular basis.
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Didn't Phil ask Shirley this when he found out she was Mick's mother? She made it clear this wasn't the case.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    Yeah, because Linda is the kind of woman who would have her rapist living under her roof.
    Sexual abuse when she was a kid? She blamed herself perhaps?
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    EastEnders seems to have conveyed the ludicrous message to viewers that all men that have a dark side are either paedophiles or rapists. That is the only explanation as to why I think the rape theory keeps on propping up on here on a regular basis.

Agreed. I think EastEnders sometimes fail in balancing out some of the goods and evils resulting in half the cast having been raped and the other half becoming suspects of having raped them.

I also totally agree with your post on the other thread that seemed to have poofed out of existence.

I don't mind when people protest against offence and misconduct on the forums, but sometimes people and their forum friends feel the need gang up on people by vilifying, criminalising and browbeating them, because they've either misunderstood, misread or disagreed with their opinions
  • LA2UKLA2UK Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »

hahahaha, for sure :)
  • DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aunt_Babe wrote: »
    The Carters are a completely different family from when we were first introduced. Mick is not Shirley's brother but her son and Mick and Linda are partners not husband and wife. These Carter secrets are actually very intriguing and change the dynamic of the family. However, what if Linda had a dark secret about Stan. What if she was raped when she was about 17 or 19 when she took him to visit Lee? What if Johnny, rather than being Stan's great-grandson, was actually his son? Such secret would be huge and transform the family.

Got a bit mixed up there didn't you? Johnny is Stan's grandson not his great grandson :)
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    It was.

This.

It seems some forum members have one track minds.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aunt_Babe wrote: »

urgh - no!!!!!!!!!!!!! what is it will all these rape SL ideas atm

The Carters have way too many secrets as it is - they REALLY dont need another one!!

sick idea IMO - sorry
    Forum Member
    DCM10 wrote: »
    Got a bit mixed up there didn't you? Johnny is Stan's grandson not his great grandson :)

Sorry my old chum that poster is correct. Mick is stans grandson as Shirley is Micks mother.
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    This.

It seems some forum members have one track minds.

They do and its sickening
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not that interested in all the 'secrets' they suppose to have it doesn't add anything imo ok the Mick one was a big corker but I don't feel they need loads of secrets to make them intriguing characters.

I thought Mick and Linda not being married was a bit of a letdown I like the idea they was a solid married couple that the show is desperately lacking.

I be more interested in seeing more of there history eventually when s/l pick up for example;

Why did Sylvie leave?
    Was she abusive towards Shirley?
    Did anything happen in care to Mick and Tina
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    I'm not that interested in all the 'secrets' they suppose to have it doesn't add anything imo ok the Mick one was a big corker but I don't feel they need loads of secrets to make them intriguing characters.

I thought Mick and Linda not being married was a bit of a letdown I like the idea they was a solid married couple that the show is desperately lacking.

I be more interested in seeing more of there history eventually when s/l pick up for example;

Why did Sylvie leave?
    Was she abusive towards Shirley?
    Did anything happen in care to Mick and Tina

Bib: This is what I am interested in. We don't know why Sylvie walked out yet, only that Stan blamed Shirley in one ep.

Shirley mentioned to Aunt Babe that Sylvie was violent towards her, hitting, spitting and shouting and Babe didn't deny it so, Stan and Babe must have known what was happening. Did they try and stop it? I think that is what Stan was referring to when he said to Tina that is has experience with domestic abuse and felt badly it, possibly.

I want to know why Mick and Tina have never looked for Sylvie? They seem to have a naivety about her and Shirley lied to them and spoke fondly of her to 'protect' them. So surely they would want to know why she left or would have attempted to find her? They don't seem overly angry at her abandoning them as children.

I want to know what Stan and Sylvie's relationship was like, we know it was turbulent but the history between them would be interesting to delve into.

I also can't wait to see the reactions from them all when Sylvie inevitably turns up, something is going on with her and Babe, I can feel it. Babe is evidently hiding many skeletons! And finally why did Shirley leave Kevin?
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Carter secrets are a bit old fashioned. A grandson being raised as as son and a couple not being married might have been scandalous 30 years ago but it's 2014. Few care about that sort of stuff these days.