Options

Got the Wii game today - a bit annoyed...

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    I got the XF Wii game for Christmas, and played through Career Mode with the family. We did well throughout, topping the votes when I sang Up by The Saturdays and when my uncle sang Ruby. We got the final, and we didn't have a choice of what to sing unlike other weeks. The songs we had to sing were:
    - Amy Winehouse - Back To Black (fine, I love Amy and it suits my voice, so there we go.
    - Jackson 5 - I Want You Back (I know it, but my uncle sang it and did ok)
    - Stanfour - In Your Arms (wtf? Does anyone know who they are? I don't! Googled them and found the song only reached 14 in Germnay - their home country! Why do they include this, I can guarantee a maximum of 3 people that reply to this will know it! Why even include it let alone make you sing it at the end. My uncle tackled it again, just reading the words and trying to improvise the words. He did very well I thought, there were some big notes which he managed to hold.)

I'm just annoyed they basically stop you completing the game by putting a random German band's moderate hit on? Incidentally, there is another German track (by Ich & Ich (?)),. and even worse it's all in German. I'm not as annoyed though because they don't force it on you. It's not the German edition, I know that because my nan bought it in Tesco... I just wanna know why the hell two random German bands get included??? I know they probs want there to be something for everyone, but this is ridiculous! I may seem a bit OTT, but I worked hard singing Fireflies, Up and Back To Black, my sis worked hard singing Boys & Girls, Paparazzi and Break Your Heart, her friend worked hard singing Evacuate The Dancefloor and my uncle worked hard singing I Want You Back, All Night Long (Lionel not Alexandra :p), Ruby and that random German crap!

Well, that's your X Factor journey ruined, then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oli27 wrote: »
    That they aren't unknown unlike this Stanfour group

the german music market is bigger than the UK one, so talking being unknown, surely those having their homebase in the smaller market are the less known ones in absolute numbers.

it tends to help taking into account that the world is slightly bigger than just the bits within one's own borders.

thanks for playing.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    i heard like Duck sauce SYCO Bought em
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    DSDP wrote: »
    the german music market is bigger than the UK one, so talking being unknown, surely those having their homebase in the smaller market are the less known ones in absolute numbers.

it tends to help taking into account that the world is slightly bigger than just the bits within one's own borders.

thanks for playing.

The game is sold in Britain..
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to bump up an old thread but I thought there was no point in creating a new thread for the game considering that there is unlikely to be many more people commenting on it. I got the game recently and completed it today as Charlie, weirdly though the guy on the end criticized me on all three songs despite being the one who had to decide if I got through Judge's Houses? :confused: