Outlook/Hotmail problem

swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Anyone else having a problem with Outlook/Hotmail this morning ?

Basically every time I try to attach a .doc attachment to an e-mail I get 'Internet explorer has stopped working'

could it be the Ad Block Plus that I installed last night ?..........although I've tried adding the site to the exceptions list and it still doesn't work

Comments

• InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    I can't sign in at the minute and a search on Twitter shows that quite a few others can't either. Probably be okay soon.

To save making a new thread on the two step verification where you choose which phone to verify it says 'I don't have these anymore' what happens if you choose that option? As I was I under the impression having the phones meant nobody else could access your account?
  • autumnautumn Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a problem. I can sign in with my .co.uk account, but not with my .com account. Have to be patient, I suppose.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think my specific problem of not being able to load documents as attachments to e-mails was connected to the new adblocker I installed last night

Basically when I disabled the adbocker it worked OK after a few minutes

When I turned the adblocker back on it wouldn't load the .doc files
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Still having issues. My mobile won't update at all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I use Hotmail/Outlook (not to be confused with Office Outlook),
    but I do not access my mail via any web browser. I use windows live mail to send and receive.
    Much easier to use believe me. As it it done from your desktop instead on a web browser.
    here's a link to the main program that has windows live mail.
    When installing select what you want to install (select custom I think before installing). The main program suite is called 'Windows Essentials'.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-live/essentials-other#essentials=overviewother

nb: you can add almost any email address to it. Eg: yahoo etc