Options

I'll Tell You What You Should Do!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now you see Jan some people are penguin fans, some people club, and I'm the latter! Penguins are too girly and melt on your fingers too easily, club - well as the song said "if you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit, join our club".

Clubs can be a bit chunky & stompy for my liking :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Clubs can be a bit chunky & stompy for my liking :D

You get a lot of bang for your bucks and they go the distance, penguins are too thinly coated :D
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get a lot of bang for your bucks and they go the distance, penguins are too thinly coated :D

They promise a lot, but just. don't. deliver.:D
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't much enamoured of club biscuits. Penguins now they were lovely can you still get them

We buy them quite often Jan because they are a bargain on offer! Now they do still taste the same! :D

Also a big fan of Fox's biscuits. :cool:
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Whatever happened to Gypsy Creams? - The Flamenco biscuit.
  • Options
    zedderszedders Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever happened to Gypsy Creams? - The Flamenco biscuit.

They ran off with the jammy dodgers
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was always a fan of Trio, not only because it had one of the best adverts!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »

I'm not aware of the Trio's work, but I just googled it and found one with Roland Rat on the front who would have made a smashing host, yeeh :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »

I still love the Club tune - 'if you want a lot of chocolate on yer biscuit join our CLUUUUB'.

However, 'YOU CAN stand it with Bandit' takes the biscuit.

I still have the urge to say it when someone says 'I can't stand it'.:D
  • Options
    Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still love the Club tune - 'if you want a lot of chocolate on yer biscuit join our CLUUUUB'.

However, 'YOU CAN stand it with Bandit' takes the biscuit.

I still have the urge to say it when someone says 'I can't stand it'.:D

Dontcha mean 'I caaaaaaaaaaeehnt stand it'? :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lily_M wrote: »

You know I thought I knew my biscuit ads, but that one must have passed me by. Amateur I am, my jaffacakiness is showing!
  • Options
    Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know I thought I knew my biscuit ads, but that one must have passed me by. Amateur I am, my jaffacakiness is showing!

Sorry, it was a reference to the Non-App thread - they had some brilliantly funny posts a while back about Susanna being like Lena Lamont! :D

This is a great thread btw, made me laugh out loud. The board has been very short of funny threads this year :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We buy them quite often Jan because they are a bargain on offer! Now they do still taste the same! :D

Also a big fan of Fox's biscuits. :cool:

My son has a friend still uni from Norway & she can't say biscuits but says biskwits like the foxes advert. Cracks my son up all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily_M wrote: »

With accompanied stamping of feet:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just had a cup cake with my tea. I think this is an overseas entrant as I am sure they were fairy cakes back in my day
  • Options
    Forum Member

I thought it was a reference to Singing in the Rain. Another favourite dancey film - oops wrong thread again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just had a cup cake with my tea. I think this is an overseas entrant as I am sure they were fairy cakes back in my day

I misread that and thought you had said you had had a cup of cake with your tea. I thought Jan has her priorities right there.

They were called fairy cakes and I think it is high time we Brits claimed the name back. Shall we start a campaign?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I misread that and thought you had said you had had a cup of cake with your tea. I thought Jan has her priorities right there.

They were called fairy cakes and I think it is high time we Brits claimed the name back. Shall we start a campaign?:)

I think we should. Why are 'cup cakes' so popular. They're just fairy cakes with loads of crap on the top.

And fairy cakes at least, don't PRETEND they can even try to 'be more biscuit' like those fakey Jaffa types.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think we should. Why are 'cup cakes' so popular. They're just fairy cakes with loads of crap on the top.

And fairy cakes at least, don't PRETEND they can even try to 'be more biscuit' like those fakey Jaffa types.

And if you cut off the top of a fairy cake, fill the hole and cut the top in half and replace it at an angle you get a butterfly cake.:)Yay! Can cup cakes claim such versatility? I think not.
  • Options
    Forum Member

this time of year is when I do favour the exotic in my bicuitry! A nice cinnamon Jan Hugel cookie favours the season. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And if you cut off the top of a fairy cake, fill the hole and cut the top in half and replace it at an angle you get a butterfly cake.:)Yay! Can cup cakes claim such versatility? I think not.

NO, and ubiquitous? Aren't they just? (rolly snobby smiley).:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this time of year is when I do favour the exotic in my bicuitry! A nice cinnamon Jan Hugel cookie favours the season. :cool:

Fancy pants. Put some cinnamon in yer biscuit mix - same thing.:D

Those are DWTS cookies by the sounds of it.:D
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't you diss my Jaffa Cakes.

Back on topic...

Peppermint Tea- Beverage or mouthwash?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »

Back on topic...

Peppermint Tea- Beverage or mouthwash?

Doesn't have true tea nature, and doesn't perform at all, although before you've tasted it, you're fooled by its aroma and your own expectation.

Not even mouthwash, emetic.

And those jaffas are smiling villains, cakey as they come.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimi dlc wrote: »

Back on topic...

Peppermint Tea- Beverage or mouthwash
    ?

Peppermint infusion please. Peppermint is to tea what disco is to salsa. :D:D