Options

Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to give the Galatasaray fans their due, they do make a hell of a lot of noise !

Their ground is ridiculously intimidating. Why don't more sets of fans do that?
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    That was easy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do our players never pass to a teammate for a tap in?

It drives me crazy.

Eden is unplayable at the moment.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    Why do our players never pass to a teammate for a tap in?

tbf, we have many players I wouldn't pass to in that area.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    tbf, we have many players I wouldn't pass to in that area.......

Torres should have passed to schurrle.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that second half was as easy as I've seen at this stage in the CL. Their fans really did deserve more than that limp performance..not that I'm complaining. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, that second half was as easy as I've seen at this stage in the CL. Their fans really did deserve more than that limp performance..not that I'm complaining. :)

Good to see Jose wanting united to get through tomorrow. So do I.

Either we draw them and get an easy tie, or they draw Madrid, barca, bayern, or psg and get humiliated.

It's a win win,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Good to see Jose wanting united to get through tomorrow. So do I.

Either we draw them and get an easy tie, or they draw Madrid, barca, bayern, or psg and get humiliated.

It's a win win,

Oh, you are naughty. :D

It looked easy tonight, but I thought there were some excellent performances throughout the team. The entire back four were great, with Azpil just getting better and better. Lampard never stopped working, he has the fitness levels of someone ten years his junior. Oscar was much better than he has been recently. Willian was great running at defenders, just a pity his final ball often lets things down. Eto'o again showed how street smart he is as a player and took his goal well. Then there was Hazard, what can you say ?..love watching him play, the guy's a genius. :)
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,047
    Forum Member
    Good, comfortable win last night. Is the Q/F draw made this friday?
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A nice win. Could have scored more and killed the game off in first half but that will come next season with our new striker (hopefully).

The WHO played well once again and I am really looking forward to see what they can do next season once they really have gelled.

Dont mind who we get in the next round as it just gets us to where we want to be that much sooner.

Have to talk about Dave. The man was a machine once again and would be surprised if he did not get the players player of the season (I think Hazzard will get player of the season). He impressed me last season but nothing like he has this season. A fantastic player.
  • Options
    SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=The_don1;71804863

Have to talk about Dave. The man was a machine once again and would be surprised if he did not get the players player of the season (I think Hazzard will get player of the season). He impressed me last season but nothing like he has this season. A fantastic player.[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with this above Dave is just getting better and better. And is a good on the left as he is on the right side.Just love him.

Great result last night after the disappointment at the weekend. Great reception for Drogba.

Hope we can use this win for the Arsenal game at the weekend.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So all the group winners got thru, we can get MU?
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,047
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    So all the group winners got thru, we can get MU?

Yep. United are the opposition I'm hoping for. Dortmund would be 2nd choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. United are the opposition I'm hoping for. Dortmund would be 2nd choice.

Historically, Man Utd are the team to avoid. In European head to heads, we've never beaten them. But we've never lost to Real Madrid or Paris St Germain. :)

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2073702.html
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isnt Roman Putins mate?.........might he be "Persuaded" to pull his money out if sanctions start to bite?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Isnt Roman Putins mate?.........might he be "Persuaded" to pull his money out if sanctions start to bite?

Its not that simple.

The ownership is all tied up in some very complicated ways, I even seem to remember something about some of it being in his son's name (kid who was with Roman and had tears in his eyes during Munich) for him to own when old enough.

We had some protesters outside the Bridge during a recent game (think it was the Spurs game)
  • Options
    denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So no easy games in the quarter final, all the big guns still in. Even Dortmund/Athletico/PSG will be difficult games. Man Utd might actually be the easiest for us, but i guess at the end of the day we will likely have to play the big guns at some point, whether in the quarters semis or the final.
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would like to play someone different so preferably no Bayern, Barce or United.
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »

Have to talk about Dave. The man was a machine once again and would be surprised if he did not get the players player of the season (I think Hazzard will get player of the season). He impressed me last season but nothing like he has this season. A fantastic player.

I fully agree with you!
    However, at the same time i do feel a twinge of sadness seeing Cole's career fizzle out the way it is.
    Whatever one might think about his personality, on the pitch he's been a truly fantastic player for us! Giving his all week in week out year after year, but now, no more than a bit part and might well miss out going to Brazil.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dend wrote: »
    So no easy games in the quarter final, all the big guns still in. Even Dortmund/Athletico/PSG will be difficult games. Man Utd might actually be the easiest for us, but i guess at the end of the day we will likely have to play the big guns at some point, whether in the quarters semis or the final.

I would prefer to avoid United, playing another PL team always changes the intensity of games and Jose is at his best with carefully planned tactical matches..in my opinion.

As you say, no easy games. I would quite fancy our chances against Dortmund or PSG over two legs, and strangely enough I think we could frustrate and possibly beat Barcelona..don't think they like playing us.
    I wouldn't want Bayern (out for revenge) or Real Madrid (just too much fire-power)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets avoid Utd until the final then in the 89th minute we get a corner and JT out jumps Rio and scores the winner
  • Options
    Harry BoatHarry Boat Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    PSG, away in the first leg. Could've been worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the worst draw and its good the second leg is at home.

Think it will be a very close game and will last the 2 legs but we more then able to come though
  • Options
    denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah PSG is one of the easier draws we could have got. Other than their striker force i dont think they are a brilliant team. Keep Ibra and Cavani quiet and we should have no trouble IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And of course its the club where Makaelele is now a assistant so another old face for us to come against
This discussion has been closed.