R u an iOS user?

Baz
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Hi

Like myself r u an iOS user?

Baz

I am indeed.

I got the app yesterday, but it wouldn't activate, but people were saying it wouldn't activate until today, so no problem.

However, I notice today that people are saying it was "live" from 9pm last night, but that's not the case for me.

[Edit] - Baz, there's no need to use txt spk here, you're not restricted to the anount of characters you can put in a post. :)
  • hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am indeed.

I got the app yesterday, but it wouldn't activate, but people were saying it wouldn't activate until today, so no problem.

However, I notice today that people are saying it was "live" from 9pm last night, but that's not the case for me.

[Edit] - Baz, there's no need to use txt spk here, you're not restricted to the anount of characters you can put in a post. :)

Hi

I do have a Home Signal box, so maybe I'll be one of the last users to get activated lol.

Ive been txt speaking for years lol. Its a bad habit and a hard one to get out of lol :-p

Baz
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    For the majority of users you wont be able to activate the app until the 31st.
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »

Hopefully you mean July and not August! :D
    Forum Member
    Hopefully you mean July and not August! :D

Yeh, I mean by tomorrow.
  • denyo1977denyo1977 Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any reason why in Google Play it would show the HTC One (M7) on stock Android (4.4.2) as being not compatible?
  • nockie3nockie3 Posts: 1,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Activated and working here this morning on a Nexus 5.
    Forum Member
    Interesting point about the app on the 3 website...
    About Three inTouch.
    Three inTouch is an app you can use to make calls and send texts when you’re connected over Wi-Fi. You can use it over any internet connection including your home broadband, public Wi-Fi hotspots and mobile wireless devices.

I thought it was for UK wifi only, but that implies that we can use it abroad...

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varset_cat=signal,varset_subcat=3804,Case=obj(13306)
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is it going to be like the 4g rollout?

Both of my 3 phones worked yesterday, I assumed it was because I had a home signal or something.

The app keeps trying to tell me that my wifi isn't working. This is obvious because the wifi is turned off. A bit annoying.
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    So I'm assuming its ready for Android publicly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Have an iOS users manged to get inTouch activated?

Thanks

Baz
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I was able to do it yesterday.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -ajm- wrote: »
    So I'm assuming its ready for Android publicly?

Its on Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hutchison3g.threeintouch
    Forum Member
    Interesting point about the app on the 3 website...

I thought it was for UK wifi only, but that implies that we can use it abroad...

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varset_cat=signal,varset_subcat=3804,Case=obj(13306)

You can't use it abroad.
    moox wrote: »
    Is it going to be like the 4g rollout

Not really. The 4G roll out took a while. This is going to be done in 24 hours ish.
  • binarybinary Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't use it abroad.

Is this restriction for revenue reasons, i.e. to protect income from roaming?

I've said this before, but O2's TU Go app has no such restriction - it can be used anywhere in the world.
    Forum Member
    You can't use it abroad.

I'm not disputing you mate, but 3's own website doesn't say it can't be used abroad, it in fact it says you can use ANY internet connection.
    Forum Member
    binary wrote: »
    Is this restriction for revenue reasons, i.e. to protect income from roaming?

I've said this before, but O2's TU Go app has no such restriction - it can be used anywhere in the world.

No idea, I agree with you, it should be able to be used when abroad like o2's version.

At the momement the only way around it is a VPN I guess

@Silent no more- its the wording. It should say in the UK. The other support pages clearly mention it can't be used abroad just yet. And besides, I already know it can't be used abroad just yet.
  • simon69csimon69c Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Thanks

Baz
    I downloaded last night and activated straight away - haven't actually tested it yet though as I have a home signal box.

[edit: Just made an outgoing call from the app to my landline and worked fine. I'll be leaving my home wifi off the hotspot whitelist though as I would like to avoid SMS conversation fragmentation if I can, and Home Signal solves lack of signal for me at home anyway.]
  • AlecRAlecR Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Downloaded from Google Play, activated right away. Working perfectly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

I spoke to my gf this morning, like me she has an iPhone 5. She was able to activate the app this morning. She foned me this morning via inTouch while I had a 3G signal. Seemed to work fine and signal quality of the call was just as good as a standard call :-)

Just need to wiat until I can actvate my app lol.

Baz
  • Synthetic42Synthetic42 Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sack wrote: »

Says not compatible with any of my devices, although I have the trial version installed already :D
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,594
    Forum Member
    jonmorris wrote: »
    For some maybe, but not all. May well be another case of having to provision every user individually (like 4G access) and so the official launch/announcement will only come when all completed.

That's weird, I activated it on 3 iPhones last night, all on different accounts (and all activated on first attempt).

Hi

Thanks

Baz

Yes, I've done 3, 2 iPhone 5s and an iPhone 5 (all done last night).
    Hi

I do have a Home Signal box, so maybe I'll be one of the last users to get activated lol.

Baz

I have a Home Signal box, as does one of the other people I installed the app for last night. Both activated.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Downloaded it for Android and will test it....

Thanks for the Link :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    That's weird, I activated it on 3 iPhones last night, all on different accounts (and all activated on first attempt).

Yes, I've done 3, 2 iPhone 5s and an iPhone 5 (all done last night).

I have a Home Signal box, as does one of the other people I installed the app for last night. Both activated.

Hi

I guess Im just gonna have to wait until tomorrow to see if I get activated lol.

Baz