Options

Christmas seems to have appeared in Tesco

Comments

• Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have an idea, why don't you buy next years Christmas stuff too, and also the year after that.

Now that would be silly :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Now that would be silly :p

Whys that then?:p
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bah Humbug to you.

I love Christmas.

Clintons had Christmas cards in from last month.

Stuff coming in early is a good thing, especially these days when money is tight for most people.

Every little helps or so they say.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a01020304 wrote: »
    they can be eaten all year round, would not really call them a christmas only food

i had turkey yesterday
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Christmas hype starts :o:D:p. I am actually thinking of doing my Christmas shopping in October so I can avoid the crowds and also buy stuff at reasonable prices

when i worked in a supermarket, i had the boxing day shift and they sold cheap turkeys, and people were actually buying them ready for next year. That's one way to beat the crowds and prices :D
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VM123 wrote: »
    when i worked in a supermarket, i had the boxing day shift and they sold cheap turkeys, and people were actually buying them ready for next year. That's one way to beat the crowds and prices :D

how did you know they were buying them for next year did they announce to you , I the customer of this shop shall buy this turkey to eat on the day of our lord Jesus Christ birth next year
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The turkeys could well have been for New Year if people were having family round then, or saved for Easter. I'm not sure frozen turkey would keep for a year? Even if it does thats a lot of freezer space to lose for so long.

As for Crimbo coming earlier and earlier - it does seem to be, but then again I'm probably becoming grumpier and grumpier so resent it more and more each year!
    >:(
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God! Year old frozen turkey. I mean, I like turkey but it can be a bit bland .. sticking it in the freezer for a year is not going to help. We're supposed to be celebrating and spoiling ourselves a little .. why don't we go the whole hog and just have fish fingers? :D

I hate all this throwing Christmas at us early. You can spread the cost anyway because most of what we buy at Christmas is available all year (most presents and a lot of food.) It just makes people anxious and also rushes you through life. If it wasn't necessary in the old days (1999 :D) why is it necessary now? I don't want to see tinsel until November.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    how did you know they were buying them for next year did they announce to you , I the customer of this shop shall buy this turkey to eat on the day of our lord Jesus Christ birth next year

because they drill into you that you MUST make conversation with each customer. They send a mystery buyer once a month and if he comes to your till and you haven't engaged in conversation then you can be sacked. I don't remember everything we talked about but anyway, this was what a woman and her friend told me. I didn't just assume people only eat turkey once a year :D
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough I had a dream about Scrooge last night. Bah, Humbug.
  • Options
    F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asda have been selling Christmas puddings for some weeks now.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Im surprised theres turkeys left for the boxing day sales in supermarkets :o/ How the hell do they keep them for the next year though?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My local co-op has chocolate Santa's
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that I no longer work in retail (Worked in Sainsburys from 2005 - Jan 2014) - I DON'T CARE!!! :D:D:D:D

It comes out in September every year, it's not just about shoving it down peoples throats, it's also to benefit people who cant afford to buy it all in December so they can split the cost over a few months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im surprised theres turkeys left for the boxing day sales in supermarkets :o/ How the hell do they keep them for the next year though?

Freeze them I'd imagine. Though you'd need a pretty big freezer and it wont taste as good having been frozen for a year.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This has kept me chuckling for hours :D:)
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that I no longer work in retail (Worked in Sainsburys from 2005 - Jan 2014) - I DON'T CARE!!! :D:D:D:D

It comes out in September every year, it's not just about shoving it down peoples throats, it's also to benefit people who cant afford to buy it all in December so they can split the cost over a few months.
    Course it is .. they're all heart those supermarket chains .. bless em :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    Course it is .. they're all heart those supermarket chains .. bless em :)

Why of course, don't you watch Dispatches? :D
  • Options
    a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people continue to be surprised by this every single year? It's been happening since dinosaur times. Literally.

its more surpise how its getting earlier and eariler each year
    soon it will be christmas, new year, valentines then christmas shortly afterwards
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soon it will be christmas, new year, valentines then christmas shortly afterwards

It's really not though. This happens every September.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

theres like 45 weeks between Valentines and Christmas :D
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    I've started buying stuff... Got an Xbox one the other day for them and some other stuff... Disney infinity etc. Bits and bobs

You mean you got it for you more like! :D I bought mine a PS4, but its definitely for the boy, I'm crap at gaming as I found when I tried it out. :blush::D
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Music is different from having stuff out as it annoys customers, Christmas music has being ruined by playing them in a loop.

Yes and it's bloody annoying too. I now hate most popular Christmas songs because of it. Argh! >:(
    Why do people continue to be surprised by this every single year? It's been happening since dinosaur times. Literally.

Christmas didn't exist in dinosaur times so this issue wouldn't have even come up!
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    You mean you got it for you more like! :D I bought mine a PS4, but its definitely for the boy, I'm crap at gaming as I found when I tried it out. :blush::D

hahaha, yes you could be right, im quite organised this year, got quite a few things put away including the XB1..;-)

i love Christmas, i also like Halloween..good family time and although i agree with getting the kids what they want, i dont like greed, self indulgenge and pretentious food....