Options

Finding cheap flights

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
Forum Member
What is the best website for discount flights? I always use Airline network but wonder if there is a better one?
Also, has anyone haggled airline companies over (transatlantic flights) flights costs when booking? just wondering if their prices are set in stone these days.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    opodo
  • Options
    semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    think this should be in advice

however, to answer i go directly to own airline websites, such as, Ryanair, Bmi baby etc

the comparison sites get messy and dont quote EVERY airline

to find which airline goes to the airport of choice i google search that sentence and usually you get a list

or go to the airports own website

another tip is to return frequently to websites because prices change all the time

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    semiminted wrote: »
    think this should be in advice

another tip is to return frequently to websites because prices change all the time

:)

Apologies if this should have been in Advice.

True, i checked with Airline Network and within 10 minutes, i found the same flight £100 cheaper, then, the next day it was back again....few hours later down to the discount price.
    Still would be nice to know if the airlines are up for haggling if telephoned. just wonder if anyone has had any luck.
  • Options
    semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paulcan38 wrote: »
    Apologies if this should have been in Advice.

True, i checked with Airline Network and within 10 minutes, i found the same flight £100 cheaper, then, the next day it was back again....few hours later down to the discount price.
    Still would be nice to know if the airlines are up for haggling if telephoned. just wonder if anyone has had any luck.

well i have a friend who is lets say, well off, and he haggles with everything even at the supermarket

dont think it will work here tho'

the airlines can quote say £10 for a flight then £40 on taxes or the other way round. Remember to count cost of flight, taxes, baggage, on-line check in fee, credit card fee etc
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
  • Options
    fainéantfainéant Posts: 2,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moneysavingexpert flightchecker can be useful to find the cheapest amongst the low cost airlines.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The time of the year has a lot to do with getting a cheap flight and the day of the week as well.

I'm not sure if booking weeks in advance can save you money.
  • Options
    iwastheretooiwastheretoo Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    http://www.skyscanner.net

I find that quite nifty!
  • Options
    HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.lowcostholidays.com/ is the last one I used.
    I used to use applefares.com a lot but not sure if it's still up
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭