Options

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 announced

loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know everyone is beginning to get tired of it but I love them, they make me happy and christoph waltz might be in it so I'm more excited.

Who should be cast as the actress, I can't think of anyone?

Comments

• Options
    GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will have to think about what actress but I'm with you, I absolutely love these films :)
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the first one, hate the second and third, and never bothered seeing the fourth.
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I love the first one, hate the second and third, and never bothered seeing the fourth.

Ditto. Unfortunately the 2nd and 3rd were so bad they've tainted the first one for me :(.
  • Options
    yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it'll be more like the 1st than the 2nd or 3rd (I have no memory of the 4th - need to rewatch that one). As long as there is no Kiera Knightley or Orlando Bloom it could work out ok.

Would prefer to see a Lone Ranger 2 though.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

Same here. First one was really amzing.:cool:
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think excitement for these films has wavered tbh. The appeal of Johnny Depp can only do so much.
  • Options
    starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also known as the Johnny Depp retirement fund...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Haha good one. :D
    I love these films (first one being my favourite) so I'm quite excited about the new one. Funnily enough I only watched the fourth one last weekend on one of the channels on TV and it was pretty good. Don't know how I missed it when it first came out. I'm guessing PC would be still in it.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    First one is excellent. 2 and 3 is where the rot set in with the ridiculous plot. The 4th, if you haven't seen it you really should because I think it is only a little bit worse than the first.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hear its got script issues at the moment, and I believe the Mouse has pushed its release date back.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Love these films and jack sparrow is a brilliant character.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love these films as pure escapist entertainment.
    I'd keep watching them as long as they make them.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    The first one is the best one, the second isn't bad but I couldn't get through the third. I've tried a few times but can only make it half way through. I have seen a little bit of the fourth as it was on TV the other night. We have it recorded. Maybe I'll watch it at some point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Stranger Tides is so clunky and pointless, it makes you pine for At World's End.

Here's the supposed plots for PotC V as reported on moviepilot.com

****Ye be warned.. thar be spoilers ahead!****
    From Moviepilot.com

The old script for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 included a resurrected crew that was Cortez's old crew that came back to life. In order to take back the cursed treasure, they would have to kill Jack and Barbossa because they "harassed" the treasure. Jack and Barbossa were going to ask Calypso to set Will Turner free for a short period so he could help them on the adventure. In order for that to happen, Will Turner would need his heart back for a little bit.

The new script is about Jack learning about the Trident from his father Captain Teague. Captain Jack Sparrow, Captain Barbossa, and the new evil Captain Brand will be fighting for the control of the Trident. Captain Brand has a vendetta against Jack Sparrow because Brand believes Sparrow turned his brother into a pirate which lead to his death. Besides all the action the new love interest for Jack is Carina Smyth, daughter of Captain Barbossa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update from Uncle Bob...
    Iger also said a fifth installment of The Pirates of the Caribbean film franchise is in development but has not yet been greenlit.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-plans-third-cars-movie-689332
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy all of the movies, everyone blames Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom for them not liking it but I don't really see how - Jack Sparrow (though vital to the movies success) is the most pointless character of the entire series!

The only bit of the first 3 films I didn't like was Jack stuck in limbo - it drags on for ages!

The latest film is good, the mermaid's being a real standout, but I still prefer the first 3.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I happen to love all four films. The fourth could have been a lot better though - it needed a better supporting cast.

I'm in a minority when I admit the third is my favourite, I thought it was an entertaining epic. And whilst the first is great I think it's very overrated by many. I cannot wait for the fifth one though :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    1st was brilliant, and keira knightly looked really good.... BONUS
    2nd was really bad and orlando bloom just killed it off
    3rd was really really bad Pirate king, Keira knightly ??? really
    got the 4th on blu ray and just cant bring my self to watch it. will i watch number 5?? if bloom is killed off and we have new cast MAYBE
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    1st was brilliant, and keira knightly looked really good.... BONUS
    2nd was really bad and orlando bloom just killed it off
    3rd was really really bad Pirate king, Keira knightly ??? really
    got the 4th on blu ray and just cant bring my self to watch it. will i watch number 5?? if bloom is killed off and we have new cast MAYBE

Bloom isn't in the films any more...he and Knightley are absent from the fourth film.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a cash cow for the studio so can't say i'll be surprised if it does get greenlit. I think Depp has often said he'd always be up for another one as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a cash cow for the studio so can't say i'll be surprised if it does get greenlit.
    Sure is. They've just confirmed a Pirates land for Shanghai Disneyland (the only land confirmed so far.) Iger said that it wouldn't be a Disneyland without PotC.

It does surprise me though that this has gone from confirmed (with subtitle) to script issues and now being "pending approval". Are they being smart and guarding the franchise or have they realised they just can't get a workable script for a fifth film?