Options

Huge Disconnect Between Perceptions Inside & Outside The CBB House

Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it not utterly astonishing that the views within that CBB house about housemates, and the views outside the house about them are so totally opposite?

Inside Gary is widely maligned and almost shunned, with very little likeability from anyone towards him or empathy apparent, whilst James is considered a likeable character and seems reasonably popular, yet.....outside looking in there is widespread liking of Gary and empathising with him, and dislike of James and his seemingly (to us viewing) manipulative and obnoxiously condescending tone, mainly towards Gary.

A quite remarkable disconnect between inside and outside the house.

Comments

• Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Perhaps it's the edit, producer/editor manipulation. BB makes money from phone votes they edit the show to get the most revenue. With save votes the viewer needs to like and feel a h/m is being 'picked on' to get the viewer to vote for him/her.

This CBB is similar to January where Jim was nominated constantly by most of the h/m but he never seemed to do anything to justify them but he must have being doing something to get them. Same with Gary he must be doing something that's not being shown to the viewer that is p****** off the other h/m to get the nominations in the first place. Stephanie said tonight during her nomination/rant that Gary walked up to her twice and burped in her face, Gary did not deny this so I assume it happened, if Gary is doing that or similar to the other h/m it's no wonder they think he is rude.

This is why 24/7 live feed is required.
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep.......they often seem to get it utterly wrong, even when Gary was cheered and saved and James booed the penny doesn't drop. The sheep like qualities of the HM's running in a pack will just continue to escalate in the contempt and ridicule of the man until BB has to have more words with them............even hearing him being cheered they have to skewer it to mean that James.as he says,has been edited to 'look bad'...which just get turned on Gary.
    Sad state of affairs but we have just witnessed this behaviour in the 'normal' BB where people have been treated appallingly and no one says a thing and eventually see it as o.k to say nothing or eventually join in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    Perhaps it's the edit, producer/editor manipulation. BB makes money from phone votes they edit the show to get the most revenue. With save votes the viewer needs to like and feel a h/m is being 'picked on' to get the viewer to vote for him/her.

This CBB is similar to January where Jim was nominated constantly by most of the h/m but he never seemed to do anything to justify them but he must have being doing something to get them. Same with Gary he must be doing something that's not being shown to the viewer that is p****** off the other h/m to get the nominations in the first place. Stephanie said tonight during her nomination/rant that Gary walked up to her twice and burped in her face, Gary did not deny this so I assume it happened, if Gary is doing that or similar to the other h/m it's no wonder they think he is rude.

This is why 24/7 live feed is required.
    I agree that this CBB is very similar in dynamic to the January one with Jim Davidson, with Gary now in that position. So logic dictates he will go on to win then!

But this live feed point is often brought up, however even the live feed whether it be an hour a day or the full 24 hours, would be and is subject to an edit, as the director decides who to focus on or pull away from at any given moment. That is as good as an edit even if it is going out as live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep.......they often seem to get it utterly wrong, even when Gary was cheered and saved and James booed the penny doesn't drop. The sheep like qualities of the HM's running in a pack will just continue to escalate in the contempt and ridicule of the man until BB has to have more words with them............even hearing him being cheered they have to skewer it to mean that James.as he says,has been edited to 'look bad'...which just get turned on Gary.
    Sad state of affairs but we have just witnessed this behaviour in the 'normal' BB where people have been treated appallingly and no one says a thing and eventually see it as o.k to say nothing or eventually join in.
    James was staggeringly clueless when trying to work out how he may have been edited to look bad. He was so wide of the mark it was embarrassing. He thought it might be associating with the young ones and females in the house while being a married man. What a fool! His ways towards Gary seemed like they failed to even register as a possible reason. His "warning" words of advice in the diary room last week from BB regarding Gary seem to have flown straight over the top of his rather foolish deluded head.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it's always been like that OP in nearly every BB series down the years . Those inside the house seem unable to see themselves as we see them :) Which is great in a way .
  • Options
    fergferg Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    It's almost like they're living together 24 hours and we're just watching parts of it and seeing conversations that are literally spliced together.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    I agree that this CBB is very similar in dynamic to the January one with Jim Davidson, with Gary now in that position. So logic dictates he will go on to win then!

But this live feed point is often brought up, however even the live feed whether it be an hour a day or the full 24 hours, would be and is subject to an edit, as the director decides who to focus on or pull away from at any given moment. That is as good as an edit even if it is going out as live.

It's far less easy to edit a delay of 10 minutes than it is to edit a h/l show that's 24-36 hours ago.

From watching hours upon hours of live feed in the good old C4 days I would suggest that the main thing that was going on in the house at that time tended to be the thing that was broadcast on the live feed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    It's far less easy to edit a delay of 10 minutes than it is to edit a h/l show that's 24-36 hours ago.

From watching hours upon hours of live feed in the good old C4 days I would suggest that the main thing that was going on in the house at that time tended to be the thing that was broadcast on the live feed.
    The best manipulation happens when you don't even realise you're being manipulated. This is how I see the live feed.

I seriously could not believe the genuine surprise on that Stephanie's face tonight when she could not believe that Gary had not been evicted last night but was infact the most popular in the vote to save.
  • Options
    ageappropriateageappropriate Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    James was staggeringly clueless when trying to work out how he may have been edited to look bad...He thought it might be associating with the young ones and females in the house while being a married man. What a fool!

He's such a ladies' man. That's totally why he was booed. :D
  • Options
    KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    Twas ever thus though wasn't it? So much so that invariably evicted housemates are talking to the host about 'how it was edited' within minutes of leaving the house!
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James was staggeringly clueless when trying to work out how he may have been edited to look bad. He was so wide of the mark it was embarrassing. He thought it might be associating with the young ones and females in the house while being a married man. What a fool! His ways towards Gary seemed like they failed to even register as a possible reason. His "warning" words of advice in the diary room last week from BB regarding Gary seem to have flown straight over the top of his rather foolish deluded head.

I don't think he's clueless at all. I think he knows exactly why he got booed and just threw in the ''being with the girls'' comment to make the viewer believe that when he now befriends Gary it's genuine and not because he got booed for his previous behaviour towards him. He's playing ignorant and it's obviously worked to a point because you fell for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evie71 wrote: »
    I don't think he's clueless at all. I think he knows exactly why he got booed and just threw in the ''being with the girls'' comment to make the viewer believe that when he now befriends Gary it's genuine and not because he got booed for his previous behaviour towards him. He's playing ignorant and it's obviously worked to a point because you fell for it.
    I really don't think James is that clever, so I don't think I have fallen for it. James isn't playing ignorant, he IS ignorant.
  • Options
    hunkydoryhunkydory Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it not utterly astonishing that the views within that CBB house about housemates, and the views outside the house about them are so totally opposite?

Inside Gary is widely maligned and almost shunned, with very little likeability from anyone towards him or empathy apparent, whilst James is considered a likeable character and seems reasonably popular, yet.....outside looking in there is widespread liking of Gary and empathising with him, and dislike of James and his seemingly (to us viewing) manipulative and obnoxiously condescending tone, mainly towards Gary.

A quite remarkable disconnect between inside and outside the house.

we see this time after time without more air time we cant get a rounded picture of the hms we get to see a very edited perspective:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you can get a reasonably rounded picture of most of the people in the house, despite the limited airtime and editing attempts to portray housemates a certain way. You don't need to drink the whole of the worlds ocean's to know they're salty, a sip will do!
  • Options
    NorfolkPoppyNorfolkPoppy Posts: 5,688
    Forum Member
    I remember in BB this year Tamara coming out and saying that Christopher was weird/creepy and that seemed to be a standard opinion of him within the house.

We never saw it and he ended up a popular HM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The penny is finally dropping within the house towards James at last, with George calling him cocksure and condescending. About time!