Philip Schofield gets angry with Gino D'Acampo for "taking it too far" on TM

Comments

• LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Can't stand all 3 of them.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    There was something rather sickening and smug the he compared women to meat ....hope his wife was watching

Is this the wife that he said 'if she farted in front of me I'd divorce her'? When he was on IAC?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I've seen of Gino I think he is aware he is a bit of a bored housewives favourite and has been told in the past to 'sex' up his act a bit. 99% of his fan-base are probably still enthusiastically gushing over that poorly written 50 shades of grey nonsense and will not have found his comments offensive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gino is very crass. Look at what he tweeted last night. :sleep:

Very childish:mad:
  • NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I usually skip through the cooking section (record the programme) but last week Gino was doing something with pasta that looked interesting so I thought I'd have a look and to my surprise there was a definite atmosphere between him and Philip. Something about Holly being at Gino's for new year's eve (they showed a pic from Twitter of Holly, Gino and Fearne Cotton looking p!ssed) but Phil not getting an invite. Gino tried to brush it off with it all being a last minute thing but Phil shot back with knowing that Holly was going to Gino's for NYE for a while.

At first I thought Phil was joking but he brought it up a few times in a 'jovial' kind of way but I definitely ended up with the impression that Phil was mightily p!ssed off about it!

I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall behind the scenes when the cameras aren't rolling! :D

Sorry this is off topic, but she's pregnant. If she looked drunk, I'm surprised the Daily Fail hasn't picked up on it.. And I think they should. I don't begrudge her having a couple of drinks around Christmas and on NYE, but pissed? That's out of order.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NewExample wrote: »
    Sorry this is off topic, but she's pregnant. If she looked drunk, I'm surprised the Daily Fail hasn't picked up on it.. And I think they should. I don't begrudge her having a couple of drinks around Christmas and on NYE, but pissed? That's out of order.

Sorry that was my mistake and I meant to come back on and say that just Holly and Gino looked 'jolly' in the photo, Fearne looked OK, not p!ssed! :)
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I've seen of Gino I think he is aware he is a bit of a bored housewives favourite and has been told in the past to 'sex' up his act a bit. 99% of his fan-base are probably still enthusiastically gushing over that poorly written 50 shades of grey nonsense and will not have found his comments offensive.

I think your onto something here. He seems to be popular with ladies of a certain age and that's probably why he's still on TM despite being a pretty crap chef.

Philip Schofield is pretty pathetic though if he's holding a grudge over not being invited to a NYE party. Very juvenile. He can very very unprofessional and rude, trying pass it off as jokey banter but its obvious he really means it. He's very snide and arrogant and I'd love for him to be brought down a leg or two.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,910
    Forum Member
    I think your onto something here. He seems to be popular with ladies of a certain age and that's probably why he's still on TM despite being a pretty crap chef.

Philip Schofield is pretty pathetic though if he's holding a grudge over not being invited to a NYE party. Very juvenile. He can very very unprofessional and rude, trying pass it off as jokey banter but its obvious he really means it. He's very snide and arrogant and I'd love for him to be brought down a leg or two.

Well look how he stitched up who made him famous...Gordon.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think his ego is off the scale and he needs to remember that he's only where he is because of what happened to John Leslie. I cannot abide him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps Philip wants to be the only fox on TM. I agree though, I think they only keep Gino because he's a hit with the ladies in their target audience.

In Gino's defence, I wouldn't invite Philip Scofield to my NYE party either.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having just watched the clip, I'm in two minds. What he said does grate a little to our modern ears, but D'Acampo does hail from a foreign culture where women are held in rather less regard. Under pressure and trying to 'maka-da-joke', he overstepped the mark. Not the end of the world.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can Pip stand on his high horse when he nearly ruined the life of an innocent peer live on air. Different things but just a bad.

PJ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Sorry that was my mistake and I meant to come back on and say that just Holly and Gino looked 'jolly' in the photo, Fearne looked OK, not p!ssed! :)

It's not even Fearne in the picture, it's Emma Bunton.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Could start a 'wheres Gordon?' campaign.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think his ego is off the scale and he needs to remember that he's only where he is because of what happened to John Leslie. I cannot abide him.

Yes, he doesn't like it when This Morning has someone in from another show on a rival channel that goes head to head with either DOI or The Cube. He was exceptionally rude to an actress from Call the Midwife late last year because it happened to beat Dancing on Ice in the ratings. I also thought he was a bit off Len Goodman from Strictly when he was on TM, probably because he's miffed that while Strictly goes from strength to strength DOI is obviously on its way out.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not even Fearne in the picture, it's Emma Bunton.

Ever wished you hadn't mentioned anything? :o

Fearne/Emma - easy mistake, they're both blonde! :D

Rest of my post stands though! Phil was definitely trying to make it look like he was joking about NYE but making a bit of a bad job of it. It was like he wanted to publicly embarrass Gino for it.

Now I can understand Philip being a bit p!ssed off if everyone else from the TM team was invited to Gino's NYE party but he was left out (that would just be rude on Gino's part) but otherwise surely Gino is allowed to invite who he wants?

Mind you, I don't like Gino, always thought he was a bit of a creep TBH, and don't like what he said but who made Philip Schofield headmaster?! Perhaps when Gino's on now they should just have Holly doing that segment with him by herself without Phil's overbearing presence?
  • Alpo.Alpo. Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gino reminds me of Bruno from Renford Rejects that thinks he's Italian but he's not, his names Barry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Look at this another way...if Phillip had laughed at the "joke"
    there would be a thread stating how sleazy he was for colluding with Gino.
    His job is to keep a balanced clean programme suitable for a daytime audience...so was.just giving a warning not to overstep the mark as he should.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There did seem to be some dislike in Philip's face when he shut Gino up. I suspect Gino may be a bit of a tosser when the camera's aren't on?

Holly's 'here he goes again' expression spoke volumes too..
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Well, I would compare them to two rutting stags having a majestic set-to, but because it was Phil and Gino, I've seen my two little guinea pig boars have bigger ding-dongs.

I like this post. :D

PS As ding-dongs go, that's about the size of it.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,969
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    There did seem to be some dislike in Philip's face when he shut Gino up. I suspect Gino may be a bit of a tosser when the camera's aren't on?

Holly's 'here he goes again' expression spoke volumes too..

That it did, that it did.

I think Phil was right, that Gino feller sounded like a sleazebag. If that's how he talks on camera, I'd hate to see what he's like off it.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was sleazy and made my flesh crawl on IACGMOOH, and still does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phillip righteous Schofield acting like a plonker as usual, he is getting to big for his boots.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    I like this post. :D

PS As ding-dongs go, that's about the size of it.

...and my little boars don't have ego issues. They are squeaky, though!
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,969
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Well, I would compare them to two rutting stags having a majestic set-to, but because it was Phil and Gino, I've seen my two little guinea pig boars have bigger ding-dongs.

You reallly expected some sort of ding-dong on live telly? There may well have been after the show. Notwithstanding that, I like the idea of your little boars squaring up to each other.