SULLA wrote: »
    Get thee behind me Satan. :mad:

That is so Sodom and Gomorrah
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Satan. I don't know anything about a bear killing children. I've read a book that had all the bible stories in it and don't remember anything about that second bit.

Oh, its in there. Some kids teased a bald man and God had some bears come and rip them to bits as punishment.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was because they insulted a man for being bald.

It mustn't have had that in it then. I don't recognise that story.
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Satan. I don't know anything about a bear killing children. I've read a book that had all the bible stories in it and don't remember anything about that second bit.
    Me neither, but Google knows all about it:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=drorde&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr&ei=U9csUsfSB4OQ7Aae2oGICA#q=god+bear+kill+children&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial

They just called him baldy!
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    The Old Testament: A Jew Hope

The New Testament: Jesus strikes back

The Qur'an: Return of the Prophet

Stand up a take a bow, that is great :D
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only Lucifer ive ever encountered was a complete up his own arse prick.

Thats enough for me.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    The only Lucifer ive ever encountered was a complete up his own arse prick.

Thats enough for me.

I think we may have had a mutual encounter!
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The truth is that neither would be the good guy.

God was the abusive father-type who punished us for our own good and because we didn't follow his path for us.

Lucifer/Satan was booted out of heaven because he despised humans because he believed that God elevated us beyond our station. He wanted to take over heaven to put us back in our place. Hell is quite literally hell as he wants to capture our souls and give us eternal damnation and torture because he despises us.

So don't believe this hogwash that either is misunderstood.
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    The truth is that neither would be the good guy.

God was the abusive father-type who punished us for our own good and because we didn't follow his path for us.

Lucifer/Satan was booted out of heaven because he despised humans because he believed that God elevated us beyond our station. He wanted to take over heaven to put us back in our place. Hell is quite literally hell as he wants to capture our souls and give us eternal damnation and torture because he despises us.

So don't believe this hogwash that either is misunderstood.

:DOKAY:D
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :DOKAY:D

Well as a story it is one of the best things ever written. And it could make a magnificent film.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    I think we may have had a mutual encounter!

And it weren't pretty!
  • Options
    RihannaRoyaltyRihannaRoyalty Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if my theory has been made into a book/novel I'm thinking of writing a novel and maybe a screen play
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Well as a story it is one of the best things ever written. And it could make a magnificent film.

Only as long as they don't let Mel Gibson anywhere near it, oh no, hang on!:D

TBH I prefer Beowulf or some of the Greek myths, but fictionwise, each to their own:)
  • Options
    TedBovisTedBovis Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if my theory has been made into a book/novel I'm thinking of writing a novel and maybe a screen play

It's been done. Read "The Deathbird" by Harlan Ellison.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Try hieroglyphics. You might improve your chances.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    Satan killed 5 people.

God killed like a million.

And who was it who tortured a man just to prove a point? And sent a bear to kill a whole bunch of little kids just for being a bit rude?

The defense rests.

That'll teach them.Some children need to learn some manners.
  • Options
    KarlSomethingKarlSomething Posts: 3,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there is a good god, the Bible is not their book.
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God must be bisexual.

Think about it! it makes sense.
  • Options
    RihannaRoyaltyRihannaRoyalty Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    TedBovis wrote: »
    It's been done. Read "The Deathbird" by Harlan Ellison.

I'll have a look at it,but I reckon mine would be easier to make into a box office hit movie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll have a look at it,but I reckon mine would be easier to make into a box office hit movie
    Write one about the pig's nest I have on my roof.
  • Options
    BillyCasperBillyCasper Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Old Testament: A Jew Hope

The New Testament: Jesus strikes back

The Qur'an: Return of the Prophet

Brilliant!
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    Satan killed 5 people.

God killed like a million.

And who was it who tortured a man just to prove a point? And sent a bear to kill a whole bunch of little kids just for being a bit rude?

The defense rests.

This!

There's no "what if" about it.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who can put a talking snake in a tree, ogle naked people in a garden all day and then smite them when one of them does what the rather charismatic snake suggests - is a bit of a tit, let's be honest.

He could have created a whole second universe and put the precious apples in that, if they were so wonderful.

Also, dumping your kid on a random step-dad who pays for the upbringing, happens to be a carpenter and then killing your kid by nailing him to stuff, does seem to suggest a rather warped sense of humour.

Devil has all the fun in that novel. He's the true hero.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Given all the smiting and flooding and hurling of lightning bolts and turning to pillars of salt that occured in the bible, I'm gonna need convincing that this "god" chap is actually the good guy before I can consider the premise any further. :o
  • Options
    IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Also, dumping your kid on a random step-dad who pays for the upbringing, happens to be a carpenter and then killing your kid by nailing him to stuff, does seem to suggest a rather warped sense of humour.
    It's a shame Jezza wasn't around 2000 years ago. He gets Mary, Joseph and God on the show for a paternity test of little baby Jesus (who would be shown on the screen in the background, while the audience go "awwwwwwwww!"). God comes on and starts all that trash talk stuff, security step up to separate God and Joseph and instead of doing some argy-bargy God smites the entire studio. Best episode ever.