Options

Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Lorraine was Okay actually but found it odd having the cook behind her head as she is trying to chat and do serious interviews..You could hear the sizzling of the cooking when she was talking to that woman having the baby!
    I only saw the end of GMB and just thought it was GMTV again..do they really need the sport guy? As said above - interviews that are promoted through the show deserve to be longer.
    I also struggled to see the scrolling news at the bottom (maybe I need glasses)
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Is John Stapleton still there? It's all based around ITV News. So Aled Jones will use the same set and that screen behind isn't live picture of London? The pre record links for local news to name the presenter.

I think John is still around. Aled used a different set this weekend on the Sunday show I watched but I won't be tuning in again as I thought that truly was dreadful. I think he will move into Titchmarsh's 3pm live audience slot at some point. And I don't think the picture is a live one of London.

I think Weekend could have come from the sofa set of GMB, as the weekend version of the show with Aled alongside another female presenter. I'm glad Lorraine is kind of a separate show now, I just hate the new studio. It's so cluttered.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Yawn. Nothing new. Basically the same old faces, endless competitions and commercials. Well done Susanna, you're the new Christine Bleakley...

you cant blame her really,once GMB is despatched she can sit on her rear end like bleakley and collect the pay cheque for doing nothing!!:)
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn`t watch it all (who could?!?!?) but there`s too much on-screen clutter (it`s not Sky News FFS), too many extreme close-ups and the four of them parked there together just look stupid and having to frame out 3 of them because they`re not involved at that moment is very odd.

I would have thought 50% of the reason of hiring eye-candy is to NOT hide them behind a desk for most of the 2.5 hours but clearly I know nothing.

And what can you say about Andi Peters basically doing Keith Chegwin`s old job?? Astonishing.....

I can imagine ratings dropping like a stone as the last thing the ITV crowd want is predominantly news in the morning. I don`t think the Today programme on Radio 4 has anything to worry about! :D
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    I wonder who'll they'll get on Fridays as Suzy is only doing 4 day weeks

http://volos.dailystar-uk.co.uk/showbiz/376356/Susanna-Reid-will-only-work-four-days-on-Good-Morning-Britain

Ranvir, it says so in the article. The plan is also for Ben and Charlotte to only do four days.

I don't really like it, not straight away anyway. In six months time then yeah I could understand it.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far too many adverts. I switched on my TV - adverts, turned over to watch BBC Breakfast sport, switrched back over to ITV - adverts - watched the weather on BBC, switched back - adverts, folllowed by ITV weather sponsored by an advert then an other advert break.

I can't cope with that many adverts!! - I just want the news in the morning. And by News I don't mean George Clooney no longer single or One Direction's new album. Trying to cater to the celeb obsessed fans.

Back to BBC Breakfast for me. I couldn't get to work quick enough.

Charlotte was in my year at school so wanted to at least give her a chance and she was fine but the show format with dodgy Andi Peters quiz and same old slimey Hollywood and Entertainment presenter puts me off!
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's basically the uk version of the Today Show I would certainly Replace Sean with one of the Female Sky Sports News Presenters
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    far too many adverts. I switched on my TV - adverts, turned over to watch BBC Breakfast sport, switrched back over to ITV - adverts - watched the weather on BBC, switched back - adverts, folllowed by ITV weather sponsored by an advert then an other advert break.

I think the first 25 minutes were ad-free and when was the last time that happened on ITV?!?
  • Options
    humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't understand why the franchise hasn't had the sense to dump the lot. The tired format, the boring old faces. If Susannah thinks joining this shower has been good for her career she is sadly wrong. Look what happened to Christine Bleakley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    I think the first 25 minutes were ad-free and when was the last time that happened on ITV?!?

they must have compensated for that by havig twice as many when I switched over :D

I can understand the need for adverts in a primetime show but not in a breakfast news show - have some of course but 2 breaks an hour is sufficent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    humbug333 wrote: »
    I can't understand why the franchise hasn't had the sense to dump the lot. The tired format, the boring old faces. If Susannah thinks joining this shower has been good for her career she is sadly wrong. Look what happened to Christine Bleakley.

Reid has an ENORMOUS ego though and the thought of being the face that rescued breakfast for ITV is just too tempting for her. I feel some pity for Charlotte Hawkins though - One of the more tolerable faces on Sky.
  • Options
    idrewukidrewuk Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    One of the main reasons I love watching this thread is the sheer amount of over the top, ridiculous commentary! haha. Honestly, thank goodness the forum doesn't represent the majority of the viewing public!
  • Options
    Adam14Adam14 Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was quite impressed actually! It looks so completely different to anything that has gone before it - really fresh, new and modern.

It's by no means perfect - the cheap Spin a Wheel thing was embarrassing and the tacky competitions return again. The news and more serious focus is better, although this can be strange at times. One minute it was serious, the next they were on about George Clooney. It seemed very muddled.

The most important thing is - it's far better than the disastrous Daybreak! It also has one of the coolest intros have ever seen...Wow!
  • Options
    philoolaphiloola Posts: 3,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My inital views..

Not quite as bad as I expected.
    Reid is terrible but the other 3 not too bad.

The main issue for me is that they're trying to be all things to everyone. They're trying to be BBC News but in the style of Sunrise whilst keeping all the mumsnet Take-A-Break bits of Daybreak. "We're serious about news.. now over to Andy Peters and his 0898 competition"

The onscreen graphics and tickers are WAY OTT though. It's like watching MSNBC
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    I don't know how many decades this country has had breakfast TV foisted upon it but all I know is that I cannot understand why people should want to watch any of it when we have unintrusive radio news as an alternative.
    Obviously I have watched, from time to time, smidgeons of this genre and think that most of it is dire and a waste of one's time. Anyway, I only have one TV and that is in the lounge/living room, whatever you want to call it.
    Stop wasting time, folks, and switch off.

I have no problem with BBC Breakfast. I stick it on long enough to get some sort of however skewed view of the world and my own locality, minus the razzmatazz of the alternative be it in its current or previous incarnation, whilst having my cereal and feeding the moggies. I then leave the house and put either local radio (devoid of muzak at that time in the morning) or R4 on in the car.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    The facebook page is going into meltdown with the hate. I've never seen anything like it
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idrewuk wrote: »
    One of the main reasons I love watching this thread is the sheer amount of over the top, ridiculous commentary! haha. Honestly, thank goodness the forum doesn't represent the majority of the viewing public!

Absolutely, so many people want to be the first to say I told you so, they'll be desperately disappointed if it's a success.
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always favoured ITV1 in the mornings but I think I'm going to switch to radio. GMB is just too much. Too many competitions, too much on screen graffiti, too many presenters, a too-cluttered studio (which is even worse when Lorraine comes on), more adverts than programme...etc.

I like a bit of lightweight entertainment first thing but not in the style of GMB. What a mess.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what I think will happen:

People will get used to the fast format of news, if you are in a rush you don't want to turn BBC Breakfast and find Bill Turnbull falling asleep on screen being nudged by Louise then for him to say "Next we will be discussing piles, a shock new survey says 52% of Britain's have them we have an expert to discuss".....ten minutes later "thank you for that interesting discussion on piles next Stef will be making wellies at a factory in Slough".

The fast format will catch on and force Breakfast to rethink it's output, Sky News will think about it and maybe wait until the general election then have a revamp.

Even though today hasn't gone smoothly I do believe they have got the right ideas they just need tweaking the days of 10 minute interviews with a doctor, as an example could be on their way out.

Did they stay away from a newspaper review?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    The facebook page is going into meltdown with the hate. I've never seen anything like it

Twitter feed is pretty funny. Even a blind man could spot the planted tweets.
  • Options
    Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should have used THIS as their title music!

Or at least use it for a trail.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    This is what I think will happen:

People will get used to the fast format of news,

Come back in 6 months and we'll see, even the big US shows aren't that fast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail, however, was not a fan of the desk, complaining it hid Reid's legs from view.

"Later on the show, however, Susanna moved from behind the desk, giving viewers the chance to catch a glimpse of her enviable pins," it reported.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27184998

:D
  • Options
    philoolaphiloola Posts: 3,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did like the fact that Andi Peters, surrounded by munters, managed to pick "at random" a very good looking young man to spin his wheel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam14 wrote: »
    I was quite impressed actually! It looks so completely different to anything that has gone before it - really fresh, new and modern.

It's by no means perfect - the cheap Spin a Wheel thing was embarrassing and the tacky competitions return again. The news and more serious focus is better, although this can be strange at times. One minute it was serious, the next they were on about George Clooney. It seemed very muddled.

!

YOu must have watched around 8:00-8:15 because I started getting ready for work during all that was on. I couldn't leave the house any quicker. My boss thinks I must be ill being in work earlier than normal :D