Should Louis stay or go?

StubeStube Posts: 16,833
Forum Member
✭✭
It seems some people believe XF wouldn't be XF without Louis while others think he is one of the main problems about the show so...

Should Louis stay on the panel for another year or should he finally be given the boot to make way for a new male judge?

Should Louis stay or go? 152 votes

Stay
34%
Bella TrixMalc LondonForGodsSakeflickpotgreig andrewdave782johnrtaylorjammygirlnojunkmailgoroos1994kaz80big brother 9MittenScoreparalax[Deleted User]ChristmasCakeSuperAPJPandakoostaceyxxx23 53 votes
Go
65%
mgvsmithsquare_eyeswelwynroseAcerBenauron87elenaHogs HeadMLWInMyArmscctpssycamore[Deleted User]CMcKinley[Deleted User]SuperSoapermaninthequeueHermanazoLolWtfSugarNSpiceCherry7Up 99 votes

Comments

• Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go
    The better question is "will he ever go???"... The answer is as long as the show is on...he will stay...
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Go
    Pointless poll - he is there for the duration so we will continually have to put up with his "vote for .......: and other mindless and meaningless comments. Happy to be paid for acting the fool and being Scowell's puppet
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Pointless poll - he is there for the duration so we will continually have to put up with his "vote for .......: and other mindless and meaningless comments. Happy to be paid for acting the fool and being Scowell's puppet

It's an opinion poll, not a prediction poll.
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stay
    Louis has more lives then a cat so i reckon hel be there forever
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go
    I think if Simon really does want to shake the show up for next year, he needs to let Louis go. He doesn't really add anything constructive anymore.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    I think if Simon really does want to shake the show up for next year, he needs to let Louis go. He doesn't really add anything constructive anymore.

I completely agree and I think Simon will seriously consider it this time around, he won't be happy with the ratings and I think he'll make the tough call in regards to Louis.
  • CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go
    Go, 5 years ago.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go
    Time for him to face the music and quit...even Sir Brucie had to retire at some point.
  • Bare NecessitieBare Necessitie Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    100% he must go.
  • Liam_WestfieldLiam_Westfield Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Go
    Cant believe 17 people said yes. He is utterly pointless & adds nothing. He isn't funny in anyway anymore & he is way past his sell by date.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Go
    I voted go. He won't though. As long as there's X Factor, there'll probably be Louis Walsh, being as inane and annoying as always.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go
    Yes, go. Replace him with a young Lenny Henry.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Go
    Go, it's time.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    Go
    I think he's had his day. He just spouts one cliche after another. He adds nothing to the show now. We need a judge with an edge, who is not afraid to say what he's thinking!
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Louis can be bothered to show up and act like a judge then stay. If he phones in a script like the last few series then go.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Go
    He needs to go. He is just terrible.

I never used to mind him, I always found him quite amusing. However he has LONG overstayed his welcome. His critique is TERRIBLE. It's the same boring, old recycled quotes.

However, I don't see him going. It's the same as Amanda Holden on BGT, another terrible judge, but in my opinion they have something on Cowell.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He let him go once. Louis appeared on chat show saying that he was going to do an autobiography and it would expose big names in showbiz. He was rehired within a couple of weeks.

Basically he is there as long as he wants to be.!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    He needs to go. He is just terrible.

I never used to mind him, I always found him quite amusing. However he has LONG overstayed his welcome. His critique is TERRIBLE. It's the same boring, old recycled quotes.

However, I don't see him going. It's the same as Amanda Holden on BGT, another terrible judge, but in my opinion they have something on Cowell.

I'm just watching the first live show in 2005 (I wanted to see Fleur perform in Addictiv Ladies and couldn't find that sole clip). Louis went hell for leather at Addictiv Ladies, basically saying they performed as though they were in a school hall and didn't have a chance of success. If he can find that fight and backbone again then, as I said before, he could still be a good judge. But he needs to stop spouting the same lines ('you're only 17' cropped up even then!)
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go
    He's become a parody of himself. His critique is non existent and it's about time he was replaced. He's the only change I'd make to the panel. I'd bring in Randy Jackson in his place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    He's become a parody of himself. His critique is non existent and it's about time he was replaced. He's the only change I'd make to the panel. I'd bring in Randy Jackson in his place.

Please no, Randy has become a parody of himself on Idol. He's like the American version of Louis; if he can inject some enthusiasm and originality into his role he might be worth a try.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go
    Useless judge and an even more useless mentor. He really did screw it up for OTY. Louis should have been axed in '07
  • Toffee_AppleToffee_Apple Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Stay
    I used to really enjoy watching Louis but I think his last good year was when Tulisa was there. The past couple of years he's picked the wrong acts (which in fairness might not be completely down to him), given them rubbish song choices, not said anything worth listening to in his 'critique' and made bizarre producer-influenced decisions in the sing-offs.
  • -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stay
    Stay. I know it sounds boring but it wouldn't be the same without him and his boring, crap, same old same old comments!
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stay
    Stay, hes the best judge by far & has been for a long time.
  • Drek20xDrek20x Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go
    He should definitely go. At the start of this season I kind of liked him, but I hate him with passion now. He is a bad judge in my opinion.