The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• AlfonsoJuanesAlfonsoJuanes Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My bet is: single radio premiere between 26th January and 2nd February
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just remembered something: Leona has given us something substantial each year since she won The X Factor for the Christmas period.

2006 - A Moment Like This
    2007 - Spirit
    2008 - Spirit Deluxe
    2009 - Echo
    2010 - Labyrinth Tour CD/DVD
    2011 - Hurt EP
    2012 - Glassheart
    2013 - Christmas With Love

I hope Leona doesn't like breaking traditions. ;)
  • SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Had Leona's Christmas album on all day. :cool:
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My bet is: single radio premiere between 26th January and 2nd February

Nah that's too late
  • pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think they will make use of synthesizers (incorporate techno or dance elements) or will this be more of a "live record"?
    Echo had a very organic and natural sound but a still a bunch of dance, techno elements to it.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think they will make use of synthesizers (incorporate techno or dance elements) or will this be more of a "live record"?
    Echo had a very organic and natural sound but a still a bunch of dance, techno elements to it.

I'd rather she didn't. That's one thing I didn't like about Glassheart - I actually loved the dance songs (CA, SYU, GH) more than all of the other songs but the whole album was such a mismatch of genres. I want a cohesive body of work - like Echo but without a track that sticks out like a sore thumb (OMH - I love it but it didn't fit on the album at all).
  • Luuk LewisLuuk Lewis Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Just remembered something: Leona has given us something substantial each year since she won The X Factor for the Christmas period.

2006 - A Moment Like This
    2007 - Spirit
    2008 - Spirit Deluxe
    2009 - Echo
    2010 - Labyrinth Tour CD/DVD
    2011 - Hurt EP
    2012 - Glassheart
    2013 - Christmas With Love

I hope Leona doesn't like breaking traditions. ;)

She did give us 'Walking On Sunshine' in 2014 though ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luuk Lewis wrote: »
    She did give us 'Walking On Sunshine' in 2014 though ;-)

But not in the Christmas period ;) Although I think the snippet counts :D
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you all voted on the X-Factor voting thread so that Leona places well? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you all voted on the X-Factor voting thread so that Leona places well? :)

Too many contestants I don't know :') I'd would have done it were only the winners :p
  • AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oms #70 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oms #66 :d
    Rise Like A Phoenix!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oms #66 :d
    Rise Like A Phoenix!

One more spot and it's a new peak! :D
  • saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    I think the Behind The Scenes video would be appropriate enough to première this week. It's not like it is a new song, it's something only fans would be interested in watching and we'd watch regardless of when it is sent out. :D I just want something else this week. Once we've been given a taste of the new era, it is cruel of them to expect us to wait until January for something else. :o:D:D

I think the new single will première between 12th January and 18th January for what it's worth.

The 18th January would be ok for me that`s my birthday ;-) can`t think of a better pressie :)
  • joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    Thanks for al the messages guys.

Really sorry Cassie. You bring joy and laughter to our thread. With you.
  • joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saxman25o wrote: »
    The 18th January would be ok for me that`s my birthday ;-) can`t think of a better pressie :)

Now that would be a LLAT moment like this!
  • joeseeksjoeseeks Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow 66 again! 65 must be cursed.

The seasonal songs for 59p are gone. A new batch for the last 3 days with OMS would be fabulous.
  • EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Great to see OMS rising! I hope it keeps rising and gains a good sales lead to keep it top 100 this week!

Really hope we get something on Xmas eve/day! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still steady at #67 :)
    Forum Member
    Also just noticed that Winter Wonderland was streamed 25k times since yesterday! The Xmas album as a whole is doing quite well on streaming. Hopefully it'll do even better next year with the release and success of Leona's next album!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »
    Also just noticed that Winter Wonderland was streamed 25k times since yesterday! The Xmas album as a whole is doing quite well on streaming. Hopefully it'll do even better next year with the release and success of Leona's next album!

OMS' streams went up loads between Friday and today, too. I'm hoping it'll reach 3 million on Spotify before Christmas is over!
  • Bunny_MiguelBunny_Miguel Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Envoirment wrote: »

Where do you guys see the streams for each track? :)
    Forum Member

On spotify you can see the streams of 10 tracks on Leona's page and Winter Wonderland/OMS are on it. They normally update daily so you can see the change in streams. :)

OMS should hopefully pass 3 million streams and the video will get close to 3 million views too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-_1-uJ6Ml4. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On Spotify, go to the artist. Their top 10 most popular songs and it says the're streaming numbers. every day (most days) it goes up.

Enviroment beat me to it.

I'm surprised OMS is still number 4 on Spotify, I thought it would be #2 by now. Bleeding Love always increases most because it is a global classic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope R1 and R2 give OMS another spin tomorrow! <3

she's 53/93 on amazon, which puts her at about 36. And has climbed a bit on play too.
This discussion has been closed.